General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Ponies on The Run (Again)

Search this Thread

Old 4/21/06, 10:18 AM
GTR Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 21, 2006, 12:09 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>This wouldn't surprise me so I will alternate to keep it even [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img][/b][/quote]Us "paying each other" is from the movie Fletch, one of my favorites. Chevy Chase tells the waiters to "tip each other $100".
Old 4/21/06, 10:57 AM

Received 5 Likes on 1 Post
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 21, 2006, 8:54 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Hey I'm thinking about some more interior upgrade stuff, A/c *****, cupholder, etc. (D A M N YOU Tom & Bill AGAIN !! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img] )
What do you guys think about these, something different.
[attachmentid=47525]
[/b][/quote]
Better research some of the interior UPR products reviewed here in TMS. The overwelming majority prefer MGW's quality over UPR's. And, UPR's A/C ***** may not have any stops built in, meaning they'll just spin round and round.

Sometimes, being different is bad. Things are usually popular for a good reason.

My suggestion, go with MGW (I need my $20 from Tom [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] )
Old 4/21/06, 11:02 AM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 21, 2006, 1:00 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>My suggestion, go with MGW (I need my $20 from Tom [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img] )[/b][/quote]
And I need my $20 from Bill!
Old 4/21/06, 11:38 AM
Bullitt Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 21, 2006, 9:30 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Any other mods planned? Perhaps a new exhaust? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]

Man, that just made me realize..my old signature is gone, musta been from the crash a week ago....
So to answer your question, I actually just got the FRPPs (Borla S's) about 3 weeks ago...I LOVE them. My next plans are to tint the windows for summer, toss on an o/r H midpipe, and get an intake/tune from bamachips...however, i have no $$$! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 11:48 AM
GTR Member

Oh, great... I can just hear Bill now...

Right, Daryl?
Old 4/21/06, 12:16 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 21, 2006, 10:51 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Right, Daryl?
[/b][/quote]
What are you guys talking about? I'm not partial to the FRPP/Borla Stingers! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/biggrinjester.gif[/img]

Stingers all the way!

Old 4/21/06, 12:24 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 21, 2006, 12:51 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

Right, Daryl?
[/b][/quote]
Yep, it's got to be that darn Vulcan Mind Control thingy [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
What is the score now Bill?
Flows +2
Borla +2
I know others have SAID they were going to do it but haven't yet right?
And WTH happened to Tony? Haven't heard from him and Susan for awhile now.
Ya think they keeping secrets [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/dunno.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 01:32 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

OK, I have a question Bill and/or Tom. Why did you get the Triple Chrome items instead of the Anodized Silver.
It looks like in the MGW pictures that the Silver Anodized would more closely match the door handles, shifter, etc.
Or did you get it to match the trim of the gauges and a/c vents?

Also do you plan or have you already purchased any under-hood dress-up items, such as the oil cap cover, radiator cap cover, etc.
I already know about pins and hood props, I mean other than those.
Old 4/21/06, 01:47 PM
GTR Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 21, 2006, 3:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>OK, I have a question Bill and/or Tom. Why did you get the Triple Chrome items instead of the Anodized Silver. It looks like in the MGW pictures that the Silver Anodized would more closely match the door handles, shifter, etc. Or did you get it to match the trim of the gauges and a/c vents?[/b][/quote]Bill's probably typing his answer at the same time. The triple chrome GT Power Plug is a PERFECT match to the vents (chrome ring with the anodized center). The A/C ***** I/we thought would look good in chrome to also match the chrome rings around the vents. The cup bezel we both got in anodized silver to match the shift ****. The door lock pins we both got in anodized silver to match the door handles.
<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE</div><div class='quotemain'>Also do you plan or have you already purchased any under-hood dress-up items, such as the oil cap cover, radiator cap cover, etc. I already know about pins and hood props, I mean other than those.[/b][/quote]
The only other thing I'm going to get for under the hood is the "GT" oil cap. It isn't a cover, but a whole replacement cap. I think that will look really good with the shock tower nut caps. Other than that, I don't think I'm getting any more under-the-hood dress-ups.
Old 4/21/06, 01:51 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 21, 2006, 12:35 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>

OK, I have a question Bill and/or Tom. Why did you get the Triple Chrome items instead of the Anodized Silver.
It looks like in the MGW pictures that the Silver Anodized would more closely match the door handles, shifter, etc.
Or did you get it to match the trim of the gauges and a/c vents?

Also do you plan or have you already purchased any under-hood dress-up items, such as the oil cap cover, radiator cap cover, etc.
I already know about pins and hood props, I mean other than those.
[/b][/quote]
(You're right.. I was typing [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img] )

Well Daryl, glad you asked this. Tom and I had come to a consensus a while back that the power plug and A/C ***** would look better if matched to the chrome vent rings. The cupholder bezel would match better with the silver of the IUP package (steering wheel spokes, door handles, shift **** and the AutoVation matte pedals) and this rationale goes for the door lock pins as well.

I think the finish choices came out rather splendid! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/thumb.gif[/img]

I do like the oil/radiator MGW caps, but I've spent too much $$ under the hood already (K&N, plenum cover, hood struts), going to start funding the exterior project now.

(pic is a little overexposed from the sunlight, I'll try and take a better one later)
Old 4/21/06, 02:18 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

No E-brake handle ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 02:21 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 21, 2006, 1:21 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
No E-brake handle ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Tom, care to answer this one? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/icon_mrgreen.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 02:45 PM
GTR Member

Sure...

Too much in one area. Again, this is an opinion.

Bill and I spent days talking about which MGW accesories to get and not to get... and in which style. We were looking for an overall different, yet tasteful, look.

Now we have the exact same accessories without over-doing it... luckily we're on different ends of the country!
Old 4/21/06, 02:53 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 21, 2006, 1:48 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Now we have the exact same accessories without over-doing it... luckily we're on different ends of the country!
[/b][/quote]
Lucky for you. Otherwise you would've had my 11 y/o fighter to contend with! (hehehe!) [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/box2.gif[/img]

Seriously, can you imagine having a chrome e-brake handle? Constantly polishing the finger/hand prints off... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
If you must, get the silver anodized.
Old 4/21/06, 02:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(TacoBill @ April 21, 2006, 3:56 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
Seriously, can you imagine having a chrome e-brake handle? Constantly polishing the finger/hand prints off... [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banghead.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
That would be what, once or twice a month for you Bill ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
Old 4/21/06, 03:10 PM
GTR Member

I almost never touch my e-Brake handle. No hills here, so when the car is parked, it's just in 1st. When I jack up the car, I put it in neutral with chocks behind the tires still on the ground.
Old 4/21/06, 03:26 PM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(OKCMustangGT @ April 21, 2006, 1:57 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
That would be what, once or twice a month for you Bill ? [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/tongue.gif[/img]
[/b][/quote]
Ha, ha, Daryl! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

I've been good lately, so my son let's me take it out usually once on the weekends! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/04.gif[/img]

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(89Trooper @ April 21, 2006, 2:13 PM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I almost never touch my e-Brake handle. No hills here, so when the car is parked, it's just in 1st. When I jack up the car, I put it in neutral with chocks behind the tires still on the ground.
[/b][/quote]
I don't have much hills either (not like San Francisco! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/eek.gif[/img] , but I use the e-brake 99% of the time when parked.
Old 4/22/06, 07:11 AM
GTR Member

MGW's radiator cap is nice, too. I like how it's a fully functional cap and not a cover (like the oil cap). Not sure if it would be "too" much, or not (since it's in close proximity to the oil cap).

I forgot... I may also get the dipstick handle depending how it looks.
Old 4/22/06, 08:01 AM
Mach 1 Member

I'm here I'm here. Workin like crazy. Spring break for all the kids , so restaurant busy as heck. lots of OT. Didn't forget the vid. Just haven't had time to finish. Borla EXHAUST GOING ON NEXT WEEK.I thought you would like to here that Bill. made reservations in Myrtle Beach for mustang week. How the heck is everybody???
Old 4/22/06, 09:51 AM

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE(2005muzzy @ April 22, 2006, 7:04 AM) Quoted post</div><div class='quotemain'>
I'm here I'm here. Workin like crazy. Spring break for all the kids , so restaurant busy as heck. lots of OT. Didn't forget the vid. Just haven't had time to finish. Borla EXHAUST GOING ON NEXT WEEK.I thought you would like to here that Bill. made reservations in Myrtle Beach for mustang week. How the heck is everybody???
[/b][/quote]
Tony's back! [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/banana.gif[/img]
Man, you gotta pop in every other day or so just to say 'Hi [img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/wavey.gif[/img] ', we were getting worried about you.

What is the score now, Daryl?
Flows +2
Borla +3

[img]style_emoticons/<#EMO_DIR#>/lol.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Ponies on The Run (Again)