Pearl Red Paint - The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Pearl Red Paint

Old 11/17/14, 12:04 PM
Bullitt Member

Pearl Red Paint

Hi everyone, I haven't been on here very much do to the fact that I sold my first mustang about a year ago due to wanting to buy a ring for my now wife. Well time has gone on and I picked up a 2001 Laser Red GT Premium. at first glance i thought it looked great and then I started seeing other Laser red Mustangs and realized that my paint looks salmon pink compared to a well taken care of Laser red.

That being said it's time for paint... I've looked at all of my options and I still think I like Laser Red (paint code E9/M6688) the best and it is OEM so I wouldn't have to change my door jams, trunk, etc. and I can just prep the outside and not have to waste time and money doing all the extra stuff..

My question that I would like help with is has anyone ever messed with the concentration of the pearl/metallic clear to bring a darker or deeper color out of their Laser Red Mustangs?

Please post pictures if you have them and also any other ideas you may have on getting a deep rich color without it being a candy color.

Thank you in advance!