General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

One great Road Trip

Search this Thread

Old 9/3/17, 01:13 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
One great Road Trip

It was a great journey, and Mustang did great. We are blessed to live in such a beautiful country.

This trip is second in mileage only to a Route 66 trip from Illinois to California.

The Big Horn National Forrest in Wyoming

The Ronald Reagan Missile site Cooperstown, N.D.

Page, N.D. There are some very nice small towns if we just get off of the interstate.

Melstone, Montana on Hwy. 12 Where men are men, and the sheep are nervious.

The Corn Palace in Mitchell, S.D. Known by the locals as the worlds biggest bird feeder.

Wall Drugs in Wall, S.D. DONUTS......yummo

Last edited by wanted33; 9/3/17 at 01:27 PM.
The following users liked this post:
NC14GT (9/5/17)
Old 9/5/17, 06:06 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 776 Likes on 567 Posts
nice and thanks for sharing
wanted33 (9/5/17)
Old 9/5/17, 09:13 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
Oh yeah!! More photos please.
wanted33 (9/5/17)
Old 9/5/17, 03:33 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

A few more for my buddy David. You've got to get thyself off the interstate to see the good stuff.

Topside of the Reagan Missile Site in Cooperstown, ND

Downtown Cooperstown, N.D.

West Glendive, Montana

The Wheelock Hotel. Wheelock, N.D.

Forsyth, Montana

Taking after my friend David I tried to keep the car clean. Wasn't easy as many of the old roads were quite dusty.

I love the old signs, and marques. So here's a few. Business's just don't try as hard as the old places did.

Last edited by wanted33; 9/5/17 at 03:37 PM.
NC14GT (9/6/17)
Old 9/6/17, 07:37 AM

Thanks! Looks like your weather was mostly perfect. I feel bad we missed the Reagan missile site when we visited ND. Maybe next time.
You are so right about getting off the interstates. That's where all the treasures are.
The car looks wonderful by the way. Must not forget to mention that. Any 'rub' issues with the bra cover? Flapping at high speed?
wanted33 (9/6/17)
Old 9/6/17, 11:10 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
Thanks! Looks like your weather was mostly perfect. I feel bad we missed the Reagan missile site when we visited ND. Maybe next time.
You are so right about getting off the interstates. That's where all the treasures are.
The car looks wonderful by the way. Must not forget to mention that. Any 'rub' issues with the bra cover? Flapping at high speed?
Do try to get to the Missile Site if you're up there. The tour (10 bucks) was well worth your time. Very interesting. The bra did fine, but there was a bit of rubbing on one section of the bumper. I don't know why as this is the forth time for this Colgan bra. It was easily fixed with a bit of fine rubbing compound. It's never had a problem with flapping, but the tabs will not stay in place around the headlights. But, that's never been a problem. The Colgan bra is much much better than the Le Bra brand. I bought aLe Bra for my F-150, because they are the only ones that make one for the truck. It's basically useless over 50 mph. I just took the thing off the truck the minute we hit I-95 south going the Florida. I won't use that one again, and am considering whether I will use the Colgan again also. But, I have got my money out of that one for sure.
NC14GT (9/7/17)
Old 9/7/17, 05:22 AM

OK, your experience with the Le Bra mirrors my own when we used to own a minivan many years ago. It actually damaged the clear coat. I never had the urge since then to use any bra for any car. I've had a few rock chips but that's about it during thousands of miles of highway driving.
I was also going to ask if you had the top down on many of your days? We sure love putting it down but with crazy temps/weather it just doesn't happen as often as you like. I think we had 3 or 4 days out of nearly 3 weeks on our last one.
Old 9/7/17, 11:29 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
OK, your experience with the Le Bra mirrors my own when we used to own a minivan many years ago. It actually damaged the clear coat. I never had the urge since then to use any bra for any car. I've had a few rock chips but that's about it during thousands of miles of highway driving.
I was also going to ask if you had the top down on many of your days? We sure love putting it down but with crazy temps/weather it just doesn't happen as often as you like. I think we had 3 or 4 days out of nearly 3 weeks on our last one.
We were able to get the top down on our ride across North Dakota on Hwy. 2. But, as you say we didn't get it down as much as we wanted. Of course on the interstate at 80 mph it's gotta stay up, or you'll get sucked out of the car.