General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

need your help please

Search this Thread

Old 1/18/11, 02:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
need your help please

Hi Guys,

i have Mustang 2010 GT 4.6 Lt , i want to do the following and need you to tell me what is the best and less expensive to buy to do the following ,

-new breaks "as my stock is not good for breaking in high speed (to much shaking from the steering)"
-new exhaust which will add more HP and not very noisy .
-new tuning for more Hp .
and new air Filter for more HP .

and i have the following question does the 2010 GT with updated tuning and let say more HP 20- 30 ,can beat the stock camaro.

will be waiting for your info and help guys
Old 1/19/11, 05:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 788 Likes on 574 Posts
you can try hawk brake pads they are better than stock pads or just go with one of the many big brake upgrades from one of the vendors around here.
Several vendors on here also sell the intake and tune package for under 600 bucks.
I went with the JLT intake and tune from Tillman. Most all after market exhausts are going to be louder than stock, You can check youtube for some sound bytes
Old 1/19/11, 06:40 AM
Cobra R Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pt-man69
Hi Guys,

i have Mustang 2010 GT 4.6 Lt , i want to do the following and need you to tell me what is the best and less expensive to buy to do the following ,

-new breaks "as my stock is not good for breaking in high speed (to much shaking from the steering)"
-new exhaust which will add more HP and not very noisy .
-new tuning for more Hp .
and new air Filter for more HP .

and i have the following question does the 2010 GT with updated tuning and let say more HP 20- 30 ,can beat the stock camaro.

will be waiting for your info and help guys
Hawk pads are good and popular.
A cold air intake + tune will add more than a filter + exhaust, and with almost every new mod you will need a tuner anyway.

A bolt on 05-10 GT can beat an automatic camaro SS, the manual SS's are a bit faster but it's still up to the driver I've beaten 3 automatic SS's at the racetrack and 1 manual SS.

The sad part is the automatic 400hp SS's actually only put down 320-340 hp to the ground, plus they are pretty heavy.

Last edited by fdjizm; 1/19/11 at 06:43 AM.