General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Need exhaust help, please

Search this Thread

Old 3/1/14, 06:05 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Need exhaust help, please

Doug here live in Mount Airy, NC(aka Mayberry). I have a 2013 GT 5.0 and have looked everywhere for this but to no good ending.

What I want to do is this: I am going to put PYPES REMOTE CUTOUTS on but instead of have the noise just dump under the car I want to have turn out tubes or setup to run down the rockers. Then when not playing or on strip and cutouts closed want to use regular exhaust out the back.

If anyone can help and turn me in the right direction please I will be ever thankful
Old 3/1/14, 07:54 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,079 Likes on 675 Posts
Hmmm, you got me in the mood for one of those Pork Chop sandwiches at Snappy Lunch. Haven't been to Mt Airy in awhile, but close in nearby Yadkin Valley at the wineries.
Whatever you do with your exhaust, just make sure it isn't too loud unless you want Deputy Fife to pull you over.
I agree with your thinking on the noise under the car. That bounce back from the pavement can get old. I had sidepipes on an old Plymouth and it really helped to have them pointed 'away'. Good luck!
Old 3/1/14, 08:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
+111 on those pork chop sammiches! Oooh, I can taste that chili sauce they use right now! Welcome to TMS, Doug. What are your plans for the open/close hardware for the cut-outs? In the glove box like us old-timers used to do it? Barney would never find them, but you can't fool Andy for long.
Old 3/2/14, 05:57 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
Hey Doug, this is a little different setup but might fit what you are trying to do, the Boss came out with a quad exhaust, it has cut out that come out under the rockers in front of the rear tires. I have also read where they have put in electric cut outs instead of running the ford plates in them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-12-13-F...-/151193298214
Old 3/2/14, 05:59 AM

Thanks guys and yes Snappy's is in a class by itself. Hope ya'll make it back to Mayberry as it is a very nice place for sure... I am still looking for hollow type pipes to run and maybe head to a speed shop and have to get them custom built..
Old 3/2/14, 06:02 AM

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Hey Doug, this is a little different setup but might fit what you are trying to do, the Boss came out with a quad exhaust, it has cut out that come out under the rockers in front of the rear tires. I have also read where they have put in electric cut outs instead of running the ford plates in them.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-12-13-F...-/151193298214
Thanks Siber I will check them out ASAP.... Thanks again as I am a bit of a loss right now with this project..
Old 3/2/14, 06:13 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
No Problem, Welcome to TMS.
As for Mayberry, I am north of Knoxville in a little town called Clinton, we still have our little diner in the Drugstore, awesome food and good people. I still love Small town life over say Los Angeles, where I came from
Old 3/2/14, 11:14 AM

As for Mayberry, I am north of Knoxville in a little town called Clinton, we still have our little diner in the Drugstore, awesome food and good people. I still love Small town life over say Los Angeles, where I came from
Yes I also love the smaller towns.
Old 3/2/14, 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS
Hmmm, you got me in the mood for one of those Pork Chop sandwiches at Snappy Lunch. Haven't been to Mt Airy in awhile, but close in nearby Yadkin Valley at the wineries.
Whatever you do with your exhaust, just make sure it isn't too loud unless you want Deputy Fife to pull you over.
I agree with your thinking on the noise under the car. That bounce back from the pavement can get old. I had sidepipes on an old Plymouth and it really helped to have them pointed 'away'. Good luck!
Yes NC there is nothing better i agree
Old 3/2/14, 05:38 PM

Originally Posted by Mickstang
+111 on those pork chop sammiches! Oooh, I can taste that chili sauce they use right now! Welcome to TMS, Doug. What are your plans for the open/close hardware for the cut-outs? In the glove box like us old-timers used to do it? Barney would never find them, but you can't fool Andy for long.
Now you have me wanting to run there in the morning for lunch
Old 3/2/14, 05:40 PM

Yes we moved down here to NC in 1998 and have never wanted to go back to Upstate NY