Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 2/26/17, 04:12 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Originally Posted by SpectreH
She lives in Atlanta now. Perhaps her crazy style of driving will work there. Personally, I HATE driving in Atlanta and avoid that city as much as I can.
+1
I've driven all over the US, and Atlanta is probably the worst place I've ever driven. Absolutely sucks.
Old 2/26/17, 04:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Ford gets the 1, 2 finish at Daytona!
Kurt Busch Wins the Daytona 500! (FORD 1st and 2nd)

Last edited by GrnT; 2/26/17 at 04:43 PM. Reason: Ford gets the 1, 2 finish at Daytona!
Old 2/26/17, 05:29 PM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Went to the accountant for our taxes yesterday. Accountant filed electronically as we usually do. However I have apparently already filed my federal taxes as a single person. **** thieves!!!
Happened to me a few years back.

When I called the IRS, it was very obvious they didn't care one bit about catching them or getting the money back. I swear the rep even seemed to enjoy telling me this could tie up my refund for up to a year while they sort things out. But she didn't like it so much when I told her I OWE a bunch and asked if I should hold up paying until they sort it out.

They had sent a refund to someone with a different name, in a different state, with counterfeit W2s. The ONLY thing that matched was the SSN.

I don't know if you are aware why this happens; f'ing govt. People complained about refunds taking too long. So idiot legislators passed a law requiring refunds to be paid within x days but no money/retraining/streamlining to let that happen with any vetting at all. And the IRS was happy to just bypass the usual checks and mail out the checks.
Old 2/26/17, 05:36 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I got mine back really quick for sure this year. Thieves are just the worst kind of people.
Old 2/26/17, 06:09 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
We owe the bastages $4800 this year.
Old 2/26/17, 06:21 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
Went to the accountant for our taxes yesterday. Accountant filed electronically as we usually do. However I have apparently already filed my federal taxes as a single person. **** thieves!!!
That wicked sucks!
Sorry to hear. Good luck!

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy
When I called the IRS, it was very obvious they didn't care one bit about catching them or getting the money back. I swear the rep even seemed to enjoy telling me this could tie up my refund for up to a year while they sort things out. But she didn't like it so much when I told her I OWE a bunch and asked if I should hold up paying until they sort it out.
HA HAAAAAAAA
Good for you. Sure does suck, but I heard they could care less about your issue or trying to help. They suck.

Holy smokes!!!!
Old 2/26/17, 06:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I owe every year and want it that way. If you're getting a refund, you've essentially given the government an interest free loan for a year. No thanks, I'd rather do something profitable with my money instead of letting those crooks use it for free all year.
Old 2/26/17, 06:57 PM
Super Boss Lawman Member

Received 1,153 Likes on 841 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I owe every year and want it that way. If you're getting a refund, you've essentially given the government an interest free loan for a year. No thanks, I'd rather do something profitable with my money instead of letting those crooks use it for free all year.
Yeah, we are not going to change our withholdings. Instead, I'm setting aside enough to pay them next year in a savings account. I'd rather earn a (very) little interest and then pay them.
Old 2/26/17, 08:56 PM
NTTAWWT

I've got a few more years before I want to flip my tax info around so I'll owe instead of receive. For now it's a nice set-aside.
Old 2/26/17, 09:36 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Anybody else think Karl Pilkington is freakin' hilarious?
Old 2/27/17, 06:17 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by GrnT
Ford gets the 1, 2 finish at Daytona!
Kurt Busch Wins the Daytona 500! (FORD 1st and 2nd)
I don't like him

Originally Posted by HoosierDaddy

They had sent a refund to someone with a different name, in a different state, with counterfeit W2s. The ONLY thing that matched was the SSN.

I don't know if you are aware why this happens; f'ing govt. People complained about refunds taking too long. So idiot legislators passed a law requiring refunds to be paid within x days but no money/retraining/streamlining to let that happen with any vetting at all. And the IRS was happy to just bypass the usual checks and mail out the checks.
I'm not looking forward to dealing with it, that's for sure

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I got mine back really quick for sure this year. Thieves are just the worst kind of people.
Yes, they are. Work for what you want like I've done all my life. So frustrating!

We try to break even every year. We both started having extra federal taken out in anticipation of paying off the mortgage and not having any more kids to deduct either, but apparently we overestimated and expect a few grand back from fed. Oh well......maybe we will get it right for this year
Old 2/27/17, 12:39 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I used mine to pay off my health insurance deductible the past three years. Such perfect timing.

Hope you get it sorted out, Jill. Some people really suck.
Old 2/27/17, 12:40 PM

I used mine to pay off my health insurance deductible the past three years. Such perfect timing.

Hope you get it sorted out, Jill. Some people really suck.
Old 2/27/17, 12:41 PM

I think that's my first ever double post. Only took a little over ten years. lol Or I'm just delirious right now.
Old 2/27/17, 02:28 PM
Roush Forum Stalker

Received 1,681 Likes on 1,200 Posts
That is very true Lee.
Old 2/27/17, 04:56 PM
NTTAWWT

I don't like him

Yes, they are. Work for what you want like I've done all my life. So frustrating!

We try to break even every year. We both started having extra federal taken out in anticipation of paying off the mortgage and not having any more kids to deduct either, but apparently we overestimated and expect a few grand back from fed. Oh well......maybe we will get it right for this year
It can be very difficult to get perfect. We used to run last week analysis on client's expected tax returns to see what they might need to do in the closing stages of the year.
Old 2/27/17, 06:54 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
I try to break even as close as I can.
Old 2/28/17, 04:35 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
We had a pretty thing margin this year. Got about $1,000 back. Now that my wife is out of school, our accountant says, "Your days of getting big refunds every year are over." lol
Old 2/28/17, 04:35 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
We had a pretty thin margin this year. Got about $1,000 back. Now that my wife is out of school, our accountant says, "Your days of getting big refunds every year are over." lol
Old 2/28/17, 05:36 AM
Legacy TMS Member Moderator

Received 531 Likes on 231 Posts
In my case the criminal didn't use anything but my SSN which he may have just picked random numbers. It's insane that the IRS doesn't even require the name to match the SSN before issuing a refund, but I explained why that's the norm in a prior post.

Anyway, in my case there was no possible identity issues with anyone other than the IRS (or maybe Navin working at Hartounian's gas station). You know, total idiots.

The IRS now just sends me a "temporary" ID to use with each year's tax return.

And, as I mentioned, if you had a refund coming (I didn't) they may hold it up while a team of investigators make sure you weren't in on the scam. I mean you are a prime suspect in their minds. After all, who else but YOU would know your name and thereby avoid using it when filing the fraudulent return.

Last edited by HoosierDaddy; 2/28/17 at 05:39 AM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast