Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 5/2/16, 01:35 PM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Closest track is 2.5 hours away. Doesn't mean I don't have fun driving around on back roads.
Every road is a track!
Old 5/2/16, 03:20 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Every road is a track!
Petty much. Unless there's a cop around.
Old 5/2/16, 03:24 PM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
Every road is a track!
And every drive is just a cruise. Unless your buddy is out in his car, snd then it is a race!
Old 5/2/16, 05:38 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
Nice Nathan!
Old 5/2/16, 06:11 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Nice Nathan!
Thanks Jill!

How have you been? Haven't seen you around lately.
Old 5/2/16, 06:38 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
It was such a great lineup two weekends ago. Of course like everything great is scheduled on my work weekend. They said Chili Peppers and Pearl Jam did a phenomenal job. Maybe one year it will fall on an off weekend for me.
I want to go for the entire festival, all the weekends and stay down there all the time in between and just explore the whole area down to the coast and all. I really want to see trombone shorty at the jazz fest. I feel like their show there will always be their best performance period since it's so personal to that group. I didn't see them listed on the tv coverage however and I haven't gone back through the dvr. Maybe one day in 18 years or so
Old 5/2/16, 06:39 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by phiggs54
And every drive is just a cruise. Unless your buddy is out in his car, snd then it is a race!
agreed!!
Old 5/2/16, 06:43 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

So I bought a newer vehicle. Needed the seating so the gf and I bought a 2015 expedition xlt. It's white, 2wd, but has leather, moonroof and the technology package. Basically a limited except no 20" wheels (oh darn, cheaper tires). I absolutely love it.

I want a 4wd f150 just like it with the ecoboost. It truly is an awesome motor setup for that size vehicle that doesn't do a lot of towing. I did however try it out my towing my dads 20' pontoon boat. It did better than my '06 f150 did, well Except the launch had a lot of wet slick gravel and spun a bit on the initial pull out. On the road though, perfect.

Oh I meant to mention, we got it for a great deal, with only 29k miles on it. Turns out it was a. Corp fleet vehicle registered to ford motor corporation so I guess it was used by the Corp office.

Last edited by Scothew; 5/2/16 at 06:45 PM.
Old 5/2/16, 10:35 PM

Originally Posted by Scothew
I want to go for the entire festival, all the weekends and stay down there all the time in between and just explore the whole area down to the coast and all. I really want to see trombone shorty at the jazz fest. I feel like their show there will always be their best performance period since it's so personal to that group. I didn't see them listed on the tv coverage however and I haven't gone back through the dvr. Maybe one day in 18 years or so
I've only been a couple times and I will only go back if the headliner is worth the trouble. Every year the grounds turn to slop and the crowds and parking are unimaginable. Voodoo Fest in October here is so much nicer and still have all the same local acts along with bigger acts. This last year the headline was Ozzy with Slash and Tom Morello. Really would have enjoyed seeing that.
Old 5/2/16, 11:21 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54
Until MACH207 shows up.
Old 5/2/16, 11:21 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

I've only been a couple times and I will only go back if the headliner is worth the trouble. Every year the grounds turn to slop and the crowds and parking are unimaginable. Voodoo Fest in October here is so much nicer and still have all the same local acts along with bigger acts. This last year the headline was Ozzy with Slash and Tom Morello. Really would have enjoyed seeing that.
Thats a crazy combo lol. Mr political guitar player with Mr Bat**** crazy and a dude in a top hat.
Old 5/2/16, 11:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
So I bought a newer vehicle. Needed the seating so the gf and I bought a 2015 expedition xlt. It's white, 2wd, but has leather, moonroof and the technology package. Basically a limited except no 20" wheels (oh darn, cheaper tires). I absolutely love it.

I want a 4wd f150 just like it with the ecoboost. It truly is an awesome motor setup for that size vehicle that doesn't do a lot of towing. I did however try it out my towing my dads 20' pontoon boat. It did better than my '06 f150 did, well Except the launch had a lot of wet slick gravel and spun a bit on the initial pull out. On the road though, perfect.

Oh I meant to mention, we got it for a great deal, with only 29k miles on it. Turns out it was a. Corp fleet vehicle registered to ford motor corporation so I guess it was used by the Corp office.
Awesome! As long as it pulls whatever you need it to, it'll work. Can't justify spending the kind of $$$ dealers are asking these days on a brand new truck. If you know what you're looking for and find one that's in good shape, that's the way to go. I'm not spending the equivalent of 1/4 of a house on a vehicle that will be having me pay for repairs in five years. Just not worth it, no matter how good the tech is.

I'm getting myself back into a truck as well, but I went with an older F250 6.0 diesel that I'm having a friend of mine bulletproof for me. High on miles but the xmission is solid. Suspension is six months old, all Fox all the way around. The wife tore her skirt the first time she tried to get in it for church.

Name:  IMG_0176_zps7fhhun6l.jpg
Views: 27
Size:  246.9 KB
Old 5/3/16, 12:00 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
Sitting in a hotel in LA (lower Alabama) ****ed up off my rocker. Check out time is gonna come way too ****ing early.
Old 5/3/16, 01:23 AM

Thats a crazy combo lol. Mr political guitar player with Mr Bat**** crazy and a dude in a top hat.
Yup. How the hell did that happen I don't know. We have tickets to see GNR later this summer. Pretty sure it's gonna suck but should be a lot of fun regardless. Guess we will see if Slash can put up with Axel long enough to make it the full tour.
Old 5/3/16, 06:19 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
Awesome! As long as it pulls whatever you need it to, it'll work. Can't justify spending the kind of $$$ dealers are asking these days on a brand new truck. If you know what you're looking for and find one that's in good shape, that's the way to go. I'm not spending the equivalent of 1/4 of a house on a vehicle that will be having me pay for repairs in five years. Just not worth it, no matter how good the tech is.

I'm getting myself back into a truck as well, but I went with an older F250 6.0 diesel that I'm having a friend of mine bulletproof for me. High on miles but the xmission is solid. Suspension is six months old, all Fox all the way around. The wife tore her skirt the first time she tried to get in it for church.

**** good looking truck!
Old 5/3/16, 06:52 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
Originally Posted by edumspeed

Thanks Jill!

How have you been? Haven't seen you around lately.
Just been busy lately. Work has been busy and a couple of camping trips. Went camping to RIR for the NASCAR race last weekend with a bunch of friends for a four day weekend

Originally Posted by kcoTiger

Nice looking truck You can find the new ones for a great deal at the right time of the year. My husband stumbled across his 350 King Ranch Powerstroke dually for the base price which was $14k off the MSRP.

And tell the wife to try one hand on the door armrest and one hand on the seat and just bend her knees to give a little boost up and sliding her butt right into the seat. Not even try to lift her leg trying to climb up. That is what I used to have to do when I drove our Bronco with 38s and our Toyota with 40s.
Old 5/3/16, 07:21 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
That new Cadillac CT6 is ****ing baller. Lincoln might as well just lock the doors and turn out the lights, they can't even come close to the stuff that Caddy is putting out.
Old 5/3/16, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
That new Cadillac CT6 is ****ing baller. Lincoln might as well just lock the doors and turn out the lights, they can't even come close to the stuff that Caddy is putting out.
Indeed. Cadillac has stepped up their game lately. Almost the whole lineup looks great. Best of all is the base model is rwd and the upper models are awd. The bad is no V8.
Old 5/3/16, 10:18 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Indeed. Cadillac has stepped up their game lately. Almost the whole lineup looks great. Best of all is the base model is rwd and the upper models are awd. The bad is no V8.

Lord knows when I'm rolling in my Caddy I want it to be a 2.0L turbo

Last edited by 2k7gtcs; 5/3/16 at 10:19 PM.
Old 5/3/16, 10:25 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,174 Likes on 1,621 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Lord knows when I'm rolling in my Caddy I want it to be a 40k 2.0L turbo
Fixed!

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast