Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 12/21/12, 04:12 AM
A Man Just Needs Some....

Received 34 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by Boss 1409
Almost noon on the 21st here! Early morning to drop a friend off at the airport then off early to race go-karts for a going away. Christmas tonight with the girls since they are with their mom for winter recess. Glad I have a 4-day weekend!!
Sweet! Going on vacation after this weekend.
Old 12/21/12, 04:17 AM
INKY

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
With the trip to England I have had a bit of time off. Plus ill be off New Year's week!
Old 12/21/12, 06:14 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
the radio station was off the air this morning due to a power outage... so I'm guessing we freaked out at least one person who may have thought there was some sort of end of the world/apocalypse/rapture scenario playing out.
Old 12/21/12, 06:18 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Vacation starts at the end of the day for me today too. Don't have to be back until Jan 2nd!
Old 12/21/12, 06:56 AM
Service Manager

Received 430 Likes on 208 Posts
Originally Posted by cdynaco
I think paypal fees are fine. Their percentage is about the same or less than those hogs at master card or visa, and I don't have to pay x amount per month for a merchant account that I only use on occassion. Plus I don't have to screw with (potentially counterfeit) money orders. I sit at home in my bathrobe, know the payment is good, sweep it to my bank, and its done. I love paypal myself.
A couple reasons I hate paypal.....one, their fees are at least double of what my merchant fees are......two, they NEVER side with the seller. I had a guy buy something for a friend of his...who didn't pay him and he didn't feel he should have to buy it(buyers remorse)...when I filed a non paying bidder case, he paid and then when they arrived he filed with paypal stating "not as described"...I had email documentation through the ebay system of him stating everything and that he just didn't want them....Paypal zapped the money from my account as he put in a bogus delivery confirmation number AND If he actually sent the item back, he sent it using USPS which doesn't deliver to my shop where I sent it from via UPS...so I never got it...but he still got his refund and it took me 6 months fighting with paypal to finally get them to understand I never got it back and they agreed to pay me...but that wasn't the end, it took another 4 months for them to actually do it. Paypal can suck it as far as I'm concerned....ZERO customer service, basically NO seller protection from dirtbags like this guy and the fees are high. If you are just moving stuff as a hobby or out of your house without a business then it may be fine for you...but I have good merchant rates through my bank so paypal is extortion compared to what I get charged with my own service.

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Considering I didn't pay for them, if I can get a decent price, I'll be fine. I hate the tails too, but there's someone out there I'm sure that will put them on their poor mustang. As for headlights, I like my clear dark smoked ones from AM. Only reason I'd put these on my car is for better lighting at night, but then again, I'd rather get some money for gears.

I've never sold on ebay before, so I have no idea what I should or shouldn't do. I tried amazon but the item is restricted. Really not sure I trust craigslist. Lots of shady people on there.
I've had much better luck with CL over ebay lately....

Originally Posted by denlem
The Paypal fees are not too bad, but ebay fees are getting out of hand. I have an ebay store so I get a monthly charge for that and I get my listings a bit cheaper than a regular listing. But then they hit me bigger when an item gets sold. People used to get around the fees by charging almost nothing for the price and put everything into the shipping cost. Now ebay got smart and charges you a fee on both the item and the shipping cost. So now i've been getting most of my stuff away from them and have them on my website instead. I still list with them since its a bit of an advertisement for the website and cheaper than google. Google wants me to pay $1.00 per click to sell a 10 cent item.
I refuse to list cars anymore on ebay because they now charge a $50 listing fee...where before you only paid if it sold. NOW they don't have to refund the listing fee is some dirtbag signs up for a new account and thinks its fun to bid on a car and not pay for it. I went round and round with them on this one....sold a car for $750 and the guy bid twice only 2 hours after signing up....I told ebay "how many times am I supposed to list a $750 car and pay a $50 listing fee before I should have just scrapped it in the first place....because you just let anyone bid for sport without any reprocussions?!?"

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Just realized that they sent me the wrong tail lights. I had asked for the smoked version and they sent me the black ones.
See, that's what is wrong with kids today....get something for FREE and still ***** about it!

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I went from being officially a redneck to straight up white trash. Went from having a washing machine on the porch to now having a washing machine, a dryer, and a hot water heater on the porch.

And still don't have hot water dammit.
You haven't arrived yet....you are missing the toilet!

Originally Posted by NinjaSteffers
Incase we die at midnight, it was nice knowing y'all.... Lol jk we won't die!

Good night y'all
Roads were pretty clear this morning....maybe only the stupid people are gone .....we could only hope!

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
I tried to use the end of the world as a ruse for sex.
I didn't even try....the wife was pissed at me because I bought another gun yesterday

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Vacation starts at the end of the day for me today too. Don't have to be back until Jan 2nd!
Not me....my boss is a ***** and doesn't give me any time off!

Morning everyone!
Old 12/21/12, 07:02 AM
INKY

This will be fun!

Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-1306769861.jpg

Mustangs Coast to Coast-image-815597643.jpg
Old 12/21/12, 07:04 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by svopaul
Not me....my boss is a ***** and doesn't give me any time off!
Oh him....I met him and you're right. What a *****.

Old 12/21/12, 07:18 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Oh him....I met him and you're right. What a *****.

I know, right? **** Slave driver!
Old 12/21/12, 07:43 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by Boss 1409
This will be fun!
Have fun!

I know, right? **** Slave driver!
Old 12/21/12, 07:46 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey Gary when you gonna start a thread for your GT500?
Old 12/21/12, 08:20 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
Hey Gary when you gonna start a thread for your GT500?
Soon.

I was thinking about it earlier this week.

It really could be any day now that it shows up.
Old 12/21/12, 09:21 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
If you are just moving stuff as a hobby or out of your house without a business then it may be fine for you...but I have good merchant rates through my bank so paypal is extortion compared to what I get charged with my own service.
Sorry to read of that mess. I tie a small account to pp that I only keep a hundred bucks in to prevent any runaway. But my books are only $29.
I love that I receive pmts from all over the world, they handle the exchange rate, they are tied to USPS (at a discount) so I print the priority label and notify my carrier for a pickup all at once, they notify the customer it has shipped, they supply the link on my website free, and it is so automatic for a measly few points - ONLY when I make a transaction.
Granted it has been years since I've shopped them, but the lowest merchant fees I remember were $180/yr plus the transaction percentage that is slightly higher that ppal. I save $180/yr by not kissing mc or visa's asz every month when some months I don't sell any books.
For the small home based businesses, I don't see any better alternative.
Just my experience over 10+ yrs.
Old 12/21/12, 09:23 AM
Post *****

Well Nathan, shortest day of the year is here. They only get longer from here on out!
Old 12/21/12, 10:01 AM
Service Manager

Sorry to read of that mess. I tie a small account to pp that I only keep a hundred bucks in to prevent any runaway. But my books are only $29.
I love that I receive pmts from all over the world, they handle the exchange rate, they are tied to USPS (at a discount) so I print the priority label and notify my carrier for a pickup all at once, they notify the customer it has shipped, they supply the link on my website free, and it is so automatic for a measly few points - ONLY when I make a transaction.
Granted it has been years since I've shopped them, but the lowest merchant fees I remember were $180/yr plus the transaction percentage that is slightly higher that ppal. I save $180/yr by not kissing mc or visa's asz every month when some months I don't sell any books.
For the small home based businesses, I don't see any better alternative.
Just my experience over 10+ yrs.
I do the exact same thing...I have a completely seperate bank account that I use if I must take paypal and keep nothing in it. Paypal is not a bank and not guaranteed like banks are(at least they never used to be).

For what you are doing it probably makes sense....I have a friend that was using paypal and he rebuilds turbochargers....He turns a LOT of money each month and getting his own merchant services saved him HUGE money. That is why paypal exists...for the small volume guys and home based businesses.

I keep paypal out of my business....ebay for me is garage sale stuff and I don't do a lot with it so I use paypal for that and I hate every minute because I know they don't have your back like my merchant services do. There are people out there who know how to game the paypal system...fortunately I don't come across many but I know some businesses that do...which is another reason I don't accept paypal for my business.
Old 12/21/12, 11:28 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Stupid ****ing Mayans.
Old 12/21/12, 11:30 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Ive been burned by ebay and paypal. I have been using ebay since 1998.
Old 12/21/12, 11:38 AM
Post *****

I heard about this on the radio this summer...

Activists worried as groups say downloadable and printable guns possible

December 21, 2012
Downloading a gun's design plans to your computer, building it on a three-dimensional printer and firing it minutes later. No background checks, no questions asked.
Sound far-fetched? It's not. And that is disquieting for gun control advocates.
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2012/12/21...est=latestnews
Old 12/21/12, 12:03 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Well Nathan, shortest day of the year is here. They only get longer from here on out!
It's also the first day of winter.
Old 12/21/12, 12:07 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Entirely possible. Provided the printer could use the right material strong enough to fire a bullet. Absolutely.

Wow. Never even thought of this...
Old 12/21/12, 12:13 PM
MOTM Committee Member

Here's the vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature...&v=AQ6Q3BfbVBU

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast