Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/11/11, 07:27 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Same way here. I just nod and listen to the story, although it does bother me that people kill every snake they see. They're good to have around, they keep the rodent and insect population down, and a King snake will kill a rattle snake. I've got some pics somewhere I took of one eating a big timber rattler it had killed.

Anybody else watching Human Planet? Simply amazing stuff.
Human Planet = WOW at some of the stuff. I love the mongolian hunters with the eagles. And the dude harpooning the whale, just great filming period.

I hear ya about snakes. I live in the woods basically, i hunt and in the outdoors ALOT. I havent seen a snake in the woods in 4 years I think. I see them on the road way more often, and I am very aware of my surroundings when I am out in the field. I have however had my fair share of water moccasins (aka cottenmouth) swim right past the boat while out on the river. Those dang things are fearless and will come right up to you even if you purposely put distance between you and them. Only one I am not really hesitant to kill just due to their agressiveness.

I wish I had pics, I killed a 6.5ft rattle snake that had stretched out across my drive once. I just didnt want him around cause of my dogs and son at the time.
Old 4/11/11, 08:04 AM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Wow, Gary thats scary stuff right there. Glad you made it out without harm.
Old 4/11/11, 09:26 AM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Thanks everybody.

I didn't want to tell the wife cause she would freak out. Luckily I had a spare shirt in the truck so I was able to throw the bad one away. That way she wouldn't see how bad it was.

I also didn't want to tell my coworkers because it was such a stupid thing to do. My dad would have probably just said he was glad I didn't get hurt and then call me an idiot for doing it.

So I made my confession here. Lucky you.
Old 4/11/11, 11:44 AM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I had a very close call today.

I was drilling some holes for some small cabinet lights. Using a hole saw attached to a 1/2" drill. Well there was a 2" hole saw on the arbor and I needed it to be a 2 3/8".

This is where I did something stupid. I never do things like this and I'm not sure why I decided to this time, but I attempted to change the hole saw on the arbor while it was plugged in. Well to make bad things worse I guess my hand was on the trigger and as I squeezed to try to loosen the chuck I accidentally squeezed the trigger too. The hole saw started turning and of course it grabbed my loose hanging tshirt and this is when it gets scary. The hole saw is caught up in my shirt and it's fractions of an inch from my chest and my only grip on the drill is on the trigger so the harder I try to push the drill away from me the faster the hole saw turns. It seemed like an eternity. It just kept getting closer and closer and I was fighting it. I finally grabbed the hole saw itself as it was wrapped in my shirt anyway and let go of the trigger. Of course it took forever to come to a stop but I avoided drilling a 2" hole through my chest.

**** that would have hurt. I have some burns and marks from my shirt but thankfully the saw teeth never touched me.

**** I was scared. Of course my daughter Lauren saw the hole thing. She was more scared than me of course. I told her that I was ok, but to be honest I very nearly ****ed up really bad and I am **** lucky. Somebody was looking out for me, because that had the makings of something berry bad.
Thanks everybody.

I didn't want to tell the wife cause she would freak out. Luckily I had a spare shirt in the truck so I was able to throw the bad one away. That way she wouldn't see how bad it was.

I also didn't want to tell my coworkers because it was such a stupid thing to do. My dad would have probably just said he was glad I didn't get hurt and then call me an idiot for doing it.

So I made my confession here. Lucky you.
Dang Gary, the whole thought of that is scary. I know I have done some things that after I did it I thought to myself you dumb a$$. What were you thinking, it scares the $hit out of me.

I'm glad u are ok and glad we were here to listen. Becides TMS wouldn't be the same without ballers like you.

Last edited by 07S197; 4/11/11 at 11:45 AM.
Old 4/11/11, 11:59 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

ive heard of drilling holes in a chassis for weight loss, but your gut gary??? Come on man, p90x is much safer (i think)
Old 4/11/11, 02:50 PM
Post *****

It's gonna take a lot more than a 2" hole saw to get me.

The instrument of my destruction will probably be the lift I just installed myself.
Old 4/11/11, 03:02 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 592 Likes on 425 Posts
It's gonna take a lot more than a 2" hole saw to get me.

The instrument of my destruction will probably be the lift I just installed myself.

Lets see, I got attacked by a hand drill that I was operating yesterday, today I think I'll install a lift, put a 4000lb car on it, and stand under it. What could go wrong?

Old 4/11/11, 03:08 PM
Post *****

It wouldn't be so bad if it didn't have made in China stamped alll over it.

Engineered in USA

Made in China

FML
Old 4/11/11, 03:20 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Engineered in USA

Made in China

FML
Well if its made in China, at least we know it doesn't have a union sticker on it.

Old 4/11/11, 04:12 PM
Post *****

Lets see, I got attacked by a hand drill that I was operating yesterday, today I think I'll install a lift, put a 4000lb car on it, and stand under it. What could go wrong?

It seems like whatever I do, I'm destined to leave a stain on the floor.

Or leave my mark on the world and/or floor so to speak.
Old 4/11/11, 04:31 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

More storms on the way tonight. Let me know what to expect Scott, you should be getting it pretty soon.

Although I think the worst of it is supposed to be farther north into Tn. Look out Dirk!!
Old 4/11/11, 04:52 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Get your camera ready now. This is your warning!
Old 4/11/11, 04:55 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I didn't want to tell the wife cause.....
I didn't know how to tell her I (almost) got drilled at work!
Old 4/11/11, 04:57 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Engineered in USA

Made in China

FML
Funny, I've been seeing the reverse on ebay "designed and assembled in the US". But the raw materials are from China or Pakistan.
Old 4/11/11, 05:34 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
More storms on the way tonight. Let me know what to expect Scott, you should be getting it pretty soon.

Although I think the worst of it is supposed to be farther north into Tn. Look out Dirk!!
just starting in north bama now .. though it does`nt appear to be more than thunderstorms .. should hit you in a couple hours
Old 4/11/11, 05:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

That's good, I've still got time to throw some ribeyes on the grill.
Old 4/11/11, 06:02 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 172 Likes on 115 Posts
That's good, I've still got time to throw some ribeyes on the grill.
That was what I had last night and leftovers tonight.

Originally Posted by HOSS429
just starting in north bama now .. though it does`nt appear to be more than thunderstorms .. should hit you in a couple hours
We are supposed to get some nasty storms around here tonight too. Hopefully nothing too severe will come through
Old 4/11/11, 06:12 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Dude that crap is here right now. Tornado warnings and all. Was driving home right into it as well . Blew the car all over te lane I was in and had to dodge around 2 fallen trees. Have fun lee!
Old 4/11/11, 06:23 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Scothew
Dude that crap is here right now. Tornado warnings and all. Was driving home right into it as well . Blew the car all over te lane I was in and had to dodge around 2 fallen trees. Have fun lee!
The clouds are starting roll in from the SW and the wind is getting up, so its definitely on its way. Already got wind advisories and tornado watches out.
Old 4/11/11, 07:04 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Why are you not outside giving me live video coverage?

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast