Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 10/17/10, 10:20 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Shelby used to have a good set of instructions on line in pdf but it seems they have removed them. They stopped making the set I have and are doing a redesign.
Old 10/17/10, 10:26 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
The honeycomb panels have 4 little tabs (2 top and 2 bottom) on each piece that snap into place on teh bumper cover. When you remove them its just a smooth blank area that is solid except for the 4 slits from where the tabs go. Both the Shelby and A47 kits require this area to be cut up. The Shelby kit uses small nuts and bolts to hold the inlets in place. You see teh screws on teh face and the backside has the nuts. You have to drill 5 holes through the blank area behind the honeycombs and its the bumper cover basically. That provides the backing to keep the inlets in place. Basically the same for the A47 except the screw in from teh back. You drill 4 holes in the same area and screw through the bumper cover to the inlet to hold them in place. They are both very secure for sure.
Thanks for the info man, but all of this talk about drilling, screwing, holes, nuts and backsides is making me horny.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 10/17/10 at 10:31 PM.
Old 10/17/10, 10:53 PM
Post *****

No problemo Skydog.
Old 10/17/10, 10:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Looked at IV lately?
Old 10/17/10, 11:01 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Looked at IV lately?
I have. You cheap bastard.
Old 10/17/10, 11:03 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I have. You cheap bastard.
How do you think I got where I am? I invest my money in dirt, it (usually) doesn't depreciate.
Old 10/17/10, 11:13 PM
Post *****

Good night Skydog

Old 10/17/10, 11:55 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Old 10/18/10, 09:58 AM
Post *****

I need a better camera. The stupid point and shoot has too many overrides and functions to just keep the picture clean and clear.
Old 10/18/10, 10:23 AM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey all!
Just dropping by to see what's been going on. Been busy helping parents around their place since Dad really isn't able to fix stuff anymore, he's been getting really bad lately, can hardly stand on his own without aid, won't be long before he's stuck in a chair. Talk about losing ones independence! Driving will be next.
Nothing worse than watching your parents grow old and know that soon they'll be gone.

Originally Posted by StangMahn
nah, he was in the grocery store shopping as usual on a Sunday afternoon. I actually met him while I was working there, he was the first person I knew with a 05 GT, now the first with a 5.0.

I've got some on mine, they're not bad. They've worked quite well the couple times I've needed them to. The HPS pads do put out some brakedust, I see it on the rim about every 2 weeks.
Am still loving the Stingers too! Man love going under bridges or tunnels, sounds like a NASCAR race

since we're on sammiches...white or wheat bread?

I'm going wheat, just has a better taste I think
I also have HPS's and yes they do put out quite a bit of dust, especially on the rears.

Whole wheat here

Good night Skydog

Gary, Car is a beast with those new wheels!

So what is the final floor plan like for the new McMansion your building?

Jill- Never new we had a GFL, what did HB and son think about end result? Bad weekend for sports around here!

Nathan- Love that new band too!
Old 10/18/10, 10:34 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by runningwild4.6
Hey all!

Gary, Car is a beast with those new wheels!

So what is the final floor plan like for the new McMansion your building?

I'll have to try and figure out how to post it up in IV or something.

It's not digitized. I still had draw, so I'll have to see if I can reduce enough to put into a scanner.
Old 10/18/10, 10:36 AM
Cobra Member

I'll have to try and figure out how to post it up in IV or something.

It's not digitized. I still had draw, so I'll have to see if I can reduce enough to put into a scanner.

I'm surprised you don't use an AutoCAD type program. making changes are so easy after.
Old 10/18/10, 10:48 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

uploading 53 pics to photobucket. 161.9mb. Not sure what my limit is

BTW the car stops on a dime now. Oh crap these brakes stop the car. Amazing. And the tires hold too.

I was on the freeway and was about to exit on a cloverleaf type access road. I waited longer than I ever have to slow down from 90 to make the turn. The car just slowed so quickly with brakes I actually could have waited a little longer to brake before the turn.
Umm you slow down for those kind of turns?? Jester:

Of course I could do the same in El Diablo, and when the truck doesn't make the turn I say "F*ck it!" and go offoad at 90mph.

Old 10/18/10, 01:21 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by runningwild4.6
I'm surprised you don't use an AutoCAD type program. making changes are so easy after.

I know.

The key is to not make any mistakes or changes.

When I didn't like the entry on my own house plan, I had to completely redraw the entire set of plans to make the changes I needed.

Years ago when I started this the residential drafting software was very expensive and lacked alot of detail. Today its so much better, but I just need to take the time to switch over and I have yet to have the desire.
Old 10/18/10, 01:24 PM
Post *****

I'm serious when I say this. 2.5" cowl hood with matte black vinyl stripes and I'm done folks. At least I'll be done with the exterior. I'll be rid of the hood scoop and also the "nipples" that are the hood pins.

Of course I still will need a driveshaft, a clutch and flywheel upgrade, and some underhood pieces.

Plus I have a blown rattling mid speaker in the door that is annoying the crap out of me now. I hate it when that happens.
Old 10/18/10, 02:05 PM
Cobra Member

I know.

The key is to not make any mistakes or changes.

When I didn't like the entry on my own house plan, I had to completely redraw the entire set of plans to make the changes I needed.

Years ago when I started this the residential drafting software was very expensive and lacked alot of detail. Today its so much better, but I just need to take the time to switch over and I have yet to have the desire.

Yes, the price has come down quite a bit, but it is still pricey. I use a Lite version and it still cost several hundred dollars. Then you have the learning curve. but once you've built your "blocks" then the rest is a piece of cake. I was self taught and I still learn new things to do with it and that is 2 years of part time use.
Old 10/18/10, 02:08 PM
Cobra Member

I'm serious when I say this. 2.5" cowl hood with matte black vinyl stripes and I'm done folks. At least I'll be done with the exterior. I'll be rid of the hood scoop and also the "nipples" that are the hood pins.

Of course I still will need a driveshaft, a clutch and flywheel upgrade, and some underhood pieces.

Plus I have a blown rattling mid speaker in the door that is annoying the crap out of me now. I hate it when that happens.
With that view, the cowl would definitely top it nicely!

You got a problem with nipples on your hood?

not that there is anything wrong with that.
Old 10/18/10, 02:50 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Thanks for the info man, but all of this talk about drilling, screwing, holes, nuts and backsides is making me horny.

Good night Skydog

That thing is beautiful!!

Hi everyone how are yall doing? Been even busier with school work then Nathan has
Old 10/18/10, 03:13 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by ford20

That thing is beautiful!!

Hi everyone how are yall doing? Been even busier with school work then Nathan has
Thanks Sean.

What's up with your car?
Old 10/18/10, 03:30 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Of course I could do the same in El Diablo, and when the truck doesn't make the turn I say "F*ck it!" and go offoad at 90mph.

Use and abuse El Diablo or I'll come do it for you! hahaha

Nice pic!
Good night Skydog

Once again, NICE!

So what was the mod that completely changed her? Was it the brake ducts? Or what?

All sounds like a good plan to me!

Gary, what speakers are you running for your highs/mids in your doors? I'm thinking about making a ported box for my sub, but I need to have more high to offset the more amounts of bass that thing will pump out

And I also made a truck mod today! And I'm also feeling the bite of the massive mod bug But this one was free! I took the plastic valence off the bottom of my bumper. 2.5 inches more bumper to ground clearance, and from the front you can look under and see the very bottom of the rad support and some of the I-Beams, looks a lot more 4x4. And the suspension and what not isn't any more exposed now than before to debris and stuff, because that valance was just flapping around in the middle, held on by 2 bolts within an inch of each other on each side.

Free, optical illusion lift

Last edited by mustangGT90210; 10/18/10 at 03:35 PM.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast