Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 7/24/10, 07:15 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
It's a poll barn, but it does have walls. It pretty much just a big steel-sided garage. The pic with no walls wasn't ours.
Old 7/24/10, 07:17 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I can't believe I found the post!

https://themustangsource.com/f657/mu...5/#post5785996
Old 7/24/10, 07:21 PM

That was at christmas time!
Old 7/24/10, 07:24 PM

I can remember that but don't remember what I had for lunch.
Old 7/24/10, 07:24 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
I'm back. I really missed my doggie and my pillow top mattress. I'm exhausted and now it's time to try to get used to the time change. I took tons of pictures and I'll try to get through them tomorrow and post some of my favorites. We did the helicopter tour............and it was amazing!

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
There's no lockers at any schools around here except gym lockers. The schools consist of multiple buildings on large campuses, with 3-5 minutes between classes. Is it like that in texas too?
My kid's school has lockers, but the school is so big, nobody uses them because there isn't enough time to stop in between classes. Our county operates on what they call a 4 Mod day, they only have 4 classes per day. They feel the kids learn more with the classes being longer and I think the kids prefer not having to have their english or math classes all year long. This way they only have to take it for 1 semester as opposed to the full year. How do your schools work down there? Do they have the 7 period classes/day?

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
We had a baby boy this morning!
Big congrats Gary! I'm really happy for you and Kristy!

The doctor and I talked her into getting the tubal while he was in there.

So I'm good to go. The well can still drill, but the pipeline is shut off.
Just so you know, there is a case we have at work where a woman got pregnant after her tubal because the doc clamped a ligament instead of the fallopian tube.............I'm sure your doc did it right though Personally, when I had mine done, I had them cut, burned, tied and double knotted
Old 7/24/10, 07:29 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

Just so you know, there is a case we have at work where a woman got pregnant after her tubal because the doc clamped a ligament instead of the fallopian tube.............I'm sure your doc did it right though Personally, when I had mine done, I had them cut, burned, tied and double knotted

So, had the *** kicking commenced at home yet for the party?

Old 7/24/10, 07:36 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
No, not really sure what to do. How do you punish an almost 19 year old We are just really disappointed and the trust is long gone. Kids will be kids.
Old 7/24/10, 08:37 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
No, not really sure what to do. How do you punish an almost 19 year old We are just really disappointed and the trust is long gone. Kids will be kids.
19 year old hmmm ... lets see for me it would suck if I could only use my car to go to work, and school, and to run my errands, I guess you can take away video games or phone privileges and they would be doing all the house work for about 2+ weeks depending on how truthful they were about the whole situation. Thats my opinion from a 21 year old
Old 7/24/10, 08:42 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I'm back. I really missed my doggie and my pillow top mattress. I'm exhausted and now it's time to try to get used to the time change. I took tons of pictures and I'll try to get through them tomorrow and post some of my favorites. We did the helicopter tour............and it was amazing!
I love da heli's!

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/24/10 at 10:10 PM.
Old 7/24/10, 09:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Jill,

The doctor said he's had one failure in over 2,000 tries. So that's pretty good.

I doubt we will ever have sex again anyway. She has her six kids and frankly I'm not really necessary other than my paycheck.

I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
No, you only bleed them to get air out of the system. Changing the pads, rotors etc. never opens the system up to any air.
Thank god! My dad says bleeding brakes is a pain in the ***
My kid's school has lockers, but the school is so big, nobody uses them because there isn't enough time to stop in between classes. Our county operates on what they call a 4 Mod day, they only have 4 classes per day. They feel the kids learn more with the classes being longer and I think the kids prefer not having to have their english or math classes all year long. This way they only have to take it for 1 semester as opposed to the full year. How do your schools work down there? Do they have the 7 period classes/day?
We have 7 classes, but even and odd days. On even days we have 1st, 2nd, 4th, 6th, and 1st, 3rd, 5th, 7th on odd days.

So nice not having math classes everyday. Unless you get it first period like I did

I'll also add that I didn't learn jack sh*t because it was from 7:45-8:45 in the morning(first period) and I couldn't focus to save my life. I'm not awake till about 9, at best
How do you punish a 19 year old kid... Living with you? Make the kid pay rent.
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
evening kids
Old 7/24/10, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by zhovkva89
evening kids
Hi Mummy!
Old 7/24/10, 10:08 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Jill,

The doctor said he's had one failure in over 2,000 tries. So that's pretty good.

I doubt we will ever have sex again anyway. She has her six kids and frankly I'm not really necessary other than my paycheck.

There's some male postpartum depression right there.

You are probably eligible for medical marijuana in some states.

Last edited by cdynaco; 7/24/10 at 10:11 PM.
Old 7/24/10, 11:22 PM
Post *****

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKI_q6MsTxM

Serenity Now
Old 7/24/10, 11:27 PM

I don't get it.

Did see a mustang though.
Old 7/24/10, 11:29 PM
Post *****

Old 7/25/10, 12:53 AM

Aquatennial fireworks from tonight!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4yYSwkK7Atc

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GCRS4drWd6s (finale )
Old 7/25/10, 02:16 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Pretty long and suckish day this Saturday was

I planned to do some errands and go out with my gf, then my best friend pulled over @ my place to see if my neighboring shop would install the front left coil spring on his 90 GT. The guy said that he'd gladly do it, but the shop owner didn't had the special spring compressor for the job. That guy called the owner's brother, who also has his shop nearby. He showed up and told my friend that he couldn't do it for today, my friend asked what day he could and the guy said "not on Monday, but maybe later in the week". My friend told him back, "just tell me if you can or can't do the install, no random stuff". I really felt pissed off by the attitude of said "mechanics" of not wanting to do any work at all, and I told him that I'll put the **** spring if my gf agrees. I called her and told her the whole story and she felt like me, really pissed off by their attitude. She told me "help him, he's your best friend after all, and those guys are just lazy ****s!" I felt bad about cutting our plans, but she's most comprehensive than your average woman The thing is we started to work on the car @ 2pm, and finished about 10:30pm, due to some brain farts of not getting all the tools & parts all at once. The actual spring wen in easier than the other one (right side) since we already got the hang of it. Here are some pics of the works:

Spring removed

New (for the car) on the left, old to the right. They were badly sagged from the years and due to blown struts

Clean LCA

My buddy Jason in action.

Since the struts we got at a bargain price were for 83-86 V8 and 79-93 four cylinder spec spindles, some modifications were needed to fit. The upper strut to spindle bolt holes had to be enlarged, using the old strut as a guide...

...and since it's also wider between the two flanges, we needed to use four lug nut washers to compensate for the narrower space of our 87-93 V8 spindles.

Spring and strut installed

Spring and strut installed. Since the sway bar links were broken on one side, we replaced them with urethane ones. The middle sway bar bushings were already replaced with urethane ones. I forgot to take the pic of the installed links.
Old 7/25/10, 02:29 AM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
phone central in here today.

I'm so flippin tired, got maybe 20 minutes of sleep last night due to stress from my stupid job, got up at 6 to go to said stupid job, got off work from said stupid job an hour late. Now it's close to 2:30 eastern. 20 minutes sleep + 20 hour day = total exhaustion.

Then things got better, went to Mustang Week, chilled with the BMC crew, went back to the house and we sat around the pool for a while, then went to dinner at Logan's Roadhouse which was awesome, an absolutely needed and fantastic distraction from everything else that's been going wrong lately. Sucks that the week is already over.

I'll put up some pictures and stuff tomorrow sometime.
Glad that you had some fun to take your mind away from routine crap.

Originally Posted by denlem
Brakes are weird. I had a Blazer that went 60K miles on it's original brakes. The Trailblazer I have now has 79K miles and needs it's 4th set soon.
Some cars are weirder than others I suppose. The Aerio SX that's here eats brake shoes every two front pad sets
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I don't think it's metal to metal contact. I found this: http://www.americanmuscle.com/hawk-b...6-install.html I think I should be able to do it.
That's the correct method if the rear caliper pistons are stubborn like on most cars The Haynes book says that with some pliers it can be pushed back while rotating them. Yeah, right. That is if they're not stuck by common brake crap, like rust & goo inside the system. Rear disk brakes are normally a PITA.
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I don't want to leave it sitting anywhere too long though. The notch screams for attention and that's not always a good thing.

I think the article I posted said the rears need a special tool to compress the piston. I'll see if I can get something when I go to get the pads.

Later Dirk...
I need to get one added to my vast tool collection
Originally Posted by StangMahn
the only special tool you need is a vice grip honestly.

here's the deal, jack up the car, take the wheels off. Only do one tire at a time, that way if you can't remember how something went in, you can reference the other side.

You'll need to take the two bolts off to get the caliper loose, pull it off the rotor/pads and set it aside on something so that it's not hanging by the brake line. Next pull off the pads, and be careful, there are small clips that go on either end of the pad that you need to put back so it's snug in there. That being said, on the brakes I had, where they were dipped in paint, I needed to file off some paint to get the pad back in. It should be just loose enough that you can freely move it in and out, but still snug in the slots (you'll figure out what I'm talking about once you tear into it). Make sure you put some brake pad grease on the back of the brake pads *the article puts it on the braking side of the pad?, and the ones I have had a paper backing on two of the pads that go on the outside of the rotor. The other two pads dont have that backing, and go on the inside.

To put the caliper back on, you'll need a pair of c clamps. You want to tighten them on the pistons evenly (if you dont, you'll just push brake fluid into the other piston and never get it in). You want to have the cap off your brake fluid resivoir, and place some shop towels around it incase you push some fluid out, keep a very close eye on it, because it eats paint. When you've done both sides, put the cap back on the BF resivoir, and pump the brakes a few times to make sure you're getting pressure back.

for the backs, make sure the ebrake is off, take the caliper off just like the front, pad replacement is the same, but you push the piston back in by rotating it, counterclockwise, I believe, but make sure you check. You'll want to again have the cap off and go slowly so you dont overflow, which you probably will, and just get a turkey baster or something like that to get the fluid out.

When you have everything buttoned backup, check the brakes once or twice at a low speed to make sure they're working, then follow the break in procedure. I think for mine, it was 7-10 stops from 35mph, and 4-5 from 45mph, then a 15 minute cool off.
That's the "If nothing goes wrong method", but with cars, you never know unfortunately Remember that Nathan's GT is driven through snow & salt, and that's not good with brake systems & suspension stuff.

Big congrats Gary! I'm really happy for you and Kristy!

Glad that you had a great time Jill.

Now that's assuring "children factory shut down!"

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast