Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Old 7/31/17, 06:47 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Still got it. Love it, been taking it on trips to the Gulf and the mountains and its fantastic to travel in. So dammed smooth, comfortable, quiet and relaxing to drive long distance in. It makes the driving part of trips so much more enjoyable. I used to feel worn out driving the Explorers down to the Gulf, now when I get there its like I haven't even been been driving very long. It just eats up the miles. Just rolled over 20K recently.
I'm in a Hyundai Tucson now. I was so upside down in the Cherokee lease and the transmission just sucked, I just settled for something to get out. If I wasn't over on miles I would have just took it to term. It was an awesome lease deal if you were turning in, but since it didn't maintain it's projected value, trade in value wasn't there.

I'm not a fan of the Tucson. It looks nice and has all the bells and whistles, but it is extremely sluggish from stop to go with a few second lag before anything happens. Several times i've almost been hit trying to pull out into traffic. Plus the seats are uncomfortable and too short.

The Cherokee is in the process of a refresh, so I'm gonna try for that if I like it, or maybe take a chance on a leftover of the style I had. An ecoboost Mustang is in my lease price range too, but not as practical, although not totally ruled out yet.
Old 7/31/17, 08:37 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 587 Likes on 421 Posts
Originally Posted by denlem
I'm in a Hyundai Tucson now. I was so upside down in the Cherokee lease and the transmission just sucked, I just settled for something to get out. If I wasn't over on miles I would have just took it to term. It was an awesome lease deal if you were turning in, but since it didn't maintain it's projected value, trade in value wasn't there.

I'm not a fan of the Tucson. It looks nice and has all the bells and whistles, but it is extremely sluggish from stop to go with a few second lag before anything happens. Several times i've almost been hit trying to pull out into traffic. Plus the seats are uncomfortable and too short.

The Cherokee is in the process of a refresh, so I'm gonna try for that if I like it, or maybe take a chance on a leftover of the style I had. An ecoboost Mustang is in my lease price range too, but not as practical, although not totally ruled out yet.
I see quite a few of those around, they look pretty nice. Never been in one or anything though. What's the deal with the hesitation? Does it have the stop/start engine cut off deal or something? That not going when I hit it would drive me insane.
Old 7/31/17, 03:52 PM
Service Manager

Received 428 Likes on 207 Posts
I'm still around....but stay buried at the shop. Boss is an **** and makes me work all the time...
Old 7/31/17, 03:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by svopaul
I'm still around....but stay buried at the shop. Boss is an **** and makes me work all the time...
Your boss sounds like a total d ickhole douchebag.
Old 7/31/17, 03:56 PM

I see quite a few of those around, they look pretty nice. Never been in one or anything though. What's the deal with the hesitation? Does it have the stop/start engine cut off deal or something? That not going when I hit it would drive me insane.
It probably has something to do with the throttle by wire and/or the turbo. Who knows. No start/stop engine in these. If I complain about it they will have an excuse/reason. I've had a vibration since the first day I took it home. I was told it was the roads. I told the guy (I don't like him, he's really rude to everyone) i've been driving long enough to know it's not the roads. He handed me my keys and told me to have a nice day. This dealership is owned by the same one who owns the Jeep store. You get treated totally different in each.
Old 7/31/17, 03:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I think I might be a little sunburnt. Got in the pool about 11 am in my underwear on a float, drank about 10 beers and just got out a few minutes ago.

Tan should be rockin' tomorrow, lol.
Old 7/31/17, 05:43 PM

But if you were on your back the whole time, it's only a half a tan!
Old 7/31/17, 05:50 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

But if you were on your back the whole time, it's only a half a tan!
I flip flop back and forth.

I guess I go both ways.
Old 7/31/17, 05:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

It probably has something to do with the throttle by wire and/or the turbo. Who knows. No start/stop engine in these. If I complain about it they will have an excuse/reason. I've had a vibration since the first day I took it home. I was told it was the roads. I told the guy (I don't like him, he's really rude to everyone) i've been driving long enough to know it's not the roads. He handed me my keys and told me to have a nice day. This dealership is owned by the same one who owns the Jeep store. You get treated totally different in each.
Asssholes. Hate em.

Never understood how the stop/start thing can be sustainable. I mean I see it like this, seems to me it would be incredible wear on the starter, battery, flywheel. If I go to the likker store, then to walmart then back home, that's about 3 times I crank the car, once when I leave the house, once when I leave the likker store and once when I leave walmart. If it had the stop start thing it would have to crank itself 30-40 times or more if there was a lot of traffic and I hit a lot of lights. How is that sustainable on a battery/starter over multiple years?
Old 7/31/17, 07:44 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,618 Posts
Tan should be rockin' tomorrow, lol.
What is this 'tan' you speak of...?

I guess I go both ways.
Surprise...
Old 7/31/17, 07:49 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
What is this 'tan' you speak of...?

I already look like a cross between an Indian Chief and a Mexican that just jumped the border, lol .
Surprise...
Not that there's anything wrong with that.
Old 7/31/17, 07:51 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,170 Likes on 1,618 Posts
I'm still rocking my white boy summer look...
Old 7/31/17, 07:58 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I look like I was just smuggled in on a watermelon truck from El Salvador, lol. Except for my crotch and my skinny little ****, they're just slightly lighter cause that's the only thing that's covered on a regular basis.
Old 7/31/17, 09:20 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Right ugly sum'***** too!

Asssholes. Hate em.

Never understood how the stop/start thing can be sustainable. I mean I see it like this, seems to me it would be incredible wear on the starter, battery, flywheel. If I go to the likker store, then to walmart then back home, that's about 3 times I crank the car, once when I leave the house, once when I leave the likker store and once when I leave walmart. If it had the stop start thing it would have to crank itself 30-40 times or more if there was a lot of traffic and I hit a lot of lights. How is that sustainable on a battery/starter over multiple years?
I despise the start/stop. Buddy of mine has it on his F-150, and it's like a subconscious thing, he turns the truck on and that option off.

I've been staying stupid busy with work, my Masters, working on the condo, and trying to maintain some sort of social life.
Old 7/31/17, 09:27 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I bet his boss is one of those fat bald guys with a ****ty attitude all the time
Old 7/31/17, 09:30 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I mowed the yard a few weeks ago in shorts and tall socks so now I have the worst sock tan ever
It's embarrassing it's so bad

I'm going to have to lay out in the sun and cover my legs and tan my lower legs to try to even it out
Old 8/1/17, 12:07 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I mowed the yard a few weeks ago in shorts and tall socks so now I have the worst sock tan ever

I'm going to have to lay out in the sun and cover my legs and tan my lower legs to try to even it out

I've got a little bit of a sock tan, I walk 5-6 miles a day in nothing but short running shorts and short socks/shoes. But I'm pretty dark naturally and I've got it blended pretty well on my feet from being in the pool lately. Feet and ankles are still a bit lighter than the rest of me (except my unmentionables, lol). Was changing in front of the mirror today and was like "holy crap, my **** and junk region is pale" LOL.
Old 8/1/17, 01:44 PM
Service Manager

You have no idea! F'ing slave driver!

I guess I go both ways.
TMI....not that there is anything wrong with that...

I look like I was just smuggled in on a watermelon truck from El Salvador, lol. Except for my crotch and my skinny little ****, they're just slightly lighter cause that's the only thing that's covered on a regular basis.
Well if Trump tries to send you over the wall, we will speak up on your behalf

Originally Posted by StangMahn
Right ugly sum'***** too!

I've been staying stupid busy with work, my Masters, working on the condo, and trying to maintain some sort of social life.
Yeah but I don't dare comment....he has a strong back hand!

I bet his boss is one of those fat bald guys with a ****ty attitude all the time
Bald yes...only ****ty attitude when he doesn't get his parts on time.

I'm sure your junk is tanned given all the bushes you pee in out in public...
Old 8/2/17, 07:25 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts

^truth!

Old 8/2/17, 08:25 AM
Service Manager

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple

^truth!

I don't get up that way to harass you and put notes on the parking offenders anymore....In laws moved down here and in with us . So obviously I work a LOT more now....

Yeti the Abominable Sister in law still lives up there....she isn't allowed in this state. Already told the wife if she tried to move in that I was gone.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast