Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/15, 09:07 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
This place sucks these days. Its a mother****ing ****hole and nobody ever comes here.

I miss Charlie.
I was falling asleep by 10:30 last night. I'm getting old.
Old 8/22/15, 02:24 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Ha! I was just in Maple Grove last Friday night. That's about 35 minutes from me.
Cool. So i might be driving thru your area heading there on 495

Only good thing in Jackson is the electric chair.
Glad i was only there for a shower, food, and sleep then
Old 8/22/15, 03:51 PM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Cool. So i might be driving thru your area heading there on 495Glad i was only there for a shower, food, and sleep then
You mean 494? That's the south loop of I-94. I'm on the north end closer to 694.
Old 8/22/15, 05:59 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
You mean 494? That's the south loop of I-94. I'm on the north end closer to 694.
Ok ok its the 494/694 i will be traveling north west of the twin cities
Old 8/22/15, 10:54 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
I think my buzzer is broke. I've had 6 stiff drinks of 100 proof and I barely have a buzz.
Old 8/22/15, 10:59 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

This Jeep is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned, I love it. Its so quiet, comfortable, and loaded with stuff that make it a pleasure to drive and ride in. I swear, its built like a tank, it feels so solid. Its like sitting in the living room on the couch when you drive it. You don't hear ****, no wind noise, no road noise, nothing. Even on the interstate at 80+ its quiet as a church mouse and so danged smooth.

I really wanted an Explorer, I've driven them for 20 years, had 4 of them, but after driving a new one it just didn't feel like an SUV. This thing feels like an SUV should. Its tall, wide and tough feeling, I'm over 6 feet and I have to climb up into it unless I set the suspension so it lowers down when you park.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 8/22/15 at 11:06 PM.
Old 8/22/15, 11:06 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I spent the day driving a friend of mine's 2012 v6er. The difference between that, and my Mustang and even the mid 00's Explorer is astounding. Cars have improved incredibly over the last decade, the last 5 years especially.
Old 8/22/15, 11:16 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by StangMahn
I spent the day driving a friend of mine's 2012 v6er. The difference between that, and my Mustang and even the mid 00's Explorer is astounding. Cars have improved incredibly over the last decade, the last 5 years especially.

You should drive one of the 2014+ models since they've updated everything. The interior is spectacular. Its a seriously nice place to be, especially on the higher end models. Its plush. I hate to say that because I'm a Ford man and love Explorers, but they're not even in the same ball park as these Jeeps are as far as luxury and quality feel inside.
Old 8/23/15, 07:14 AM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

This Jeep is the nicest vehicle I've ever owned, I love it. Its so quiet, comfortable, and loaded with stuff that make it a pleasure to drive and ride in. I swear, its built like a tank, it feels so solid. Its like sitting in the living room on the couch when you drive it. You don't hear ****, no wind noise, no road noise, nothing. Even on the interstate at 80+ its quiet as a church mouse and so danged smooth.

I really wanted an Explorer, I've driven them for 20 years, had 4 of them, but after driving a new one it just didn't feel like an SUV. This thing feels like an SUV should. Its tall, wide and tough feeling, I'm over 6 feet and I have to climb up into it unless I set the suspension so it lowers down when you park.
I don't like a car that has zero road/wind noise. It's all part of the driving experience. I'd probably fall asleep at the wheel. Heck, I drive with my windows down every chance I get.
Old 8/23/15, 10:10 AM

Received 20 Likes on 18 Posts
I don't like a car that has zero road/wind noise. It's all part of the driving experience. I'd probably fall asleep at the wheel. Heck, I drive with my windows down every chance I get.
I fall asleep at the wheel every chance I get. It makes those long road trips go by so much quicker.
Old 8/23/15, 10:55 AM
NTTAWWT

You should drive one of the 2014+ models since they've updated everything. The interior is spectacular. Its a seriously nice place to be, especially on the higher end models. Its plush. I hate to say that because I'm a Ford man and love Explorers, but they're not even in the same ball park as these Jeeps are as far as luxury and quality feel inside.
I think I'm pretty set on the new Edge, but I will take a look at the GC's too. They're just so **** expensive to get one that's got the good options.

Driving the 12 yesterday, it was a bit difficult to keep a speed because I couldn't hear a difference between 60 & 70, haha.
Old 8/23/15, 10:59 AM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

I think I'm pretty set on the new Edge, but I will take a look at the GC's too. They're just so **** expensive to get one that's got the good options.Driving the 12 yesterday, it was a bit difficult to keep a speed because I couldn't hear a difference between 60 & 70, haha.
Needs exhaust then.
Old 8/23/15, 11:42 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by phiggs54
I fall asleep at the wheel every chance I get. It makes those long road trips go by so much quicker.
yep i could`nt drive my stang if it didn`t have autopilot .
Old 8/23/15, 01:42 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I think I'm pretty set on the new Edge, but I will take a look at the GC's too. They're just so **** expensive to get one that's got the good options.
Of all the gizmos on the Jeep, the adaptive cruise control is by far my favorite. Nothing pisses me off more than having the cruise set and somebody in front of you keeps slowing down and speeding up and you have to keep hitting the brake, then restart the cruise again.

I also like the adaptive and auto dimming headlights as well.

Last edited by Rather B.Blown; 8/23/15 at 01:44 PM.
Old 8/23/15, 01:46 PM
NTTAWWT

Of all the gizmos on the Jeep, the adaptive cruise control is by far my favorite. Nothing pisses me off more than having the cruise set and somebody in front of you keeps slowing down and speeding up and you have to keep hitting the brake, then restart the cruise again.

Can you turn all that auto stuff off?
Old 8/23/15, 01:58 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Just dropping in to say hello....
Miss you all
Old 8/23/15, 02:05 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Can you turn all that auto stuff off?
Yes (except for the adaptive headlights that move up and down and side to side based on the angle of the car so the lights are always right where you're looking). You can turn off the auto dim, the blind spot warning, the collision warning that hits the brakes if you don't when you're about to rearend someone, the parking warning, the auto and adaptive wipers. And the adaptive cruise is up to you if you use it or not, it has a second set of buttons on the wheel for it right below the regular cruise buttons. One turns it on and the other 2 adjust how much distance you want between you and the other car, then you just use the regular cruise buttons to set speed, etc.
Old 8/23/15, 02:28 PM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

My mom's explorer has the adaptive cruise control and I hate it. Cruising along in the right lane in light traffic and you start wondering why you're going so slow. Then you look and you're doing ten under because of some slowpoke several cars up.

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
Just dropping in to say hello....
Miss you all
Need to stop by more often! Its too quiet around here!
Old 8/23/15, 02:38 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts
Need to stop by more often! Its too quiet around here!
It's annoying without an app

Have i missed anything interesting?
Old 8/23/15, 03:52 PM

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Originally Posted by jerseygirl
It's annoying without an app

Have i missed anything interesting?
Not really. Been kinda slow all summer.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast