Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Old 8/17/15, 02:05 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Don't know about the restaurant, haven't heard of it. There's not much else anywhere around that area at Evergreen, even north or south of it. When I was in there a couple months ago he charged me $2.89/lb for the ham IIRC, can't beat that. They're already frozen and in a box with the weight wrote on it, plus all the other Conecuh stuff the make. They even have sausage cooking on the grill all day and you can get a couple dogs with whatever toppings you want for $1 each I think.

They give you a recipe book with a lot of killer dishes in it and it has how to cook the ham. I do it just like the book says except for the cook time per pound. I use one of my digital probe thermometers from the smoker to watch the internal temp so I don't over cook it. My cook times seem to be quite a bit shorter than they call for in the book.

There's a funky little BBQ joint with a plane tail sticking out of the roof on the other side of the interstate from Conecuh that I've stopped at a few times for a pork sammich. Decent bbq, nothing spectacular but its better than a fast food burger for sure. Owner is always in there, nice guy.

ive heard of that place, never been however. I'll talk to a friend of mine about the other place and see if he can tell me the name/location. It may have been closer to the coast.
Old 8/17/15, 05:58 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Thanks!

On a sad note.......our local "Batman" was killed when his Batmobile broke down on the side of the highway and was struck by another vehicle. Very heartbreaking that someone who gave so much of himself by brightening the days of cancer ridden children was taken from our world too soon. While I didn't know him personally, we have a lot of mutual friends and I'd never heard a bad word about him. Very sad indeed
http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/fea...l#.VdH-_vn3j7B
I saw that. Why is it that this stuff always seems to happen to the best people? Godspeed batman!
Old 8/18/15, 09:45 PM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
the later it gets the closer i am to calling in sick tomorrow .. i`ve got 60 hours to burn ..
Old 8/19/15, 07:05 AM
Service Manager

Received 428 Likes on 207 Posts
I'm already looking forward to my next one in October!
I RARELY get a vacation but this year I just booked a place in the Smokies for the week between Christmas and New Years....my boss is pissed but that SOB is going to have to just deal with it.

Originally Posted by Scothew
Yes they have some here, it's basically just the grocery side of a super Center in a stand alone store. Usually same prices but maybe a tad higher.

Has piggly wiggly been making a comeback in Georgia Lee? We've had three open up in old Winn Dixie stores, and they are selling everything at cost and then they charge you 10% at final check out, so that's how they make a profit. I'm rather liking it, and they have a great selection of conecuh! Even the bacon
I haven't seen a single Piggly Wiggly do that but there is a Cost plus 10% place down in Trussville across from Sonic and their meat department is top notch!

Happy birthday Jill!
Happy Belated Birthday Jill!! Hope you had a great day!

Originally Posted by SpectreH
There is one going up about a mile from my house. I may or may not go in when it opens. I avoid Walmart like I avoid driving a Camaro.
No kidding....much like driving a camaro, when you set foot into a walmart you can feel a mullet start to grow on your head!

Hey now, camaros aren't that bad.

Yes they are! Unless it's a 67-69....

Thanks!

On a sad note.......our local "Batman" was killed when his Batmobile broke down on the side of the highway and was struck by another vehicle. Very heartbreaking that someone who gave so much of himself by brightening the days of cancer ridden children was taken from our world too soon. While I didn't know him personally, we have a lot of mutual friends and I'd never heard a bad word about him. Very sad indeed
http://www.foxbaltimore.com/news/fea...l#.VdH-_vn3j7B
Saw that...very sad!

Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Don't know about the restaurant, haven't heard of it. There's not much else anywhere around that area at Evergreen, even north or south of it. When I was in there a couple months ago he charged me $2.89/lb for the ham IIRC, can't beat that. They're already frozen and in a box with the weight wrote on it, plus all the other Conecuh stuff the make. They even have sausage cooking on the grill all day and you can get a couple dogs with whatever toppings you want for $1 each I think.

They give you a recipe book with a lot of killer dishes in it and it has how to cook the ham. I do it just like the book says except for the cook time per pound. I use one of my digital probe thermometers from the smoker to watch the internal temp so I don't over cook it. My cook times seem to be quite a bit shorter than they call for in the book.

There's a funky little BBQ joint with a plane tail sticking out of the roof on the other side of the interstate from Conecuh that I've stopped at a few times for a pork sammich. Decent bbq, nothing spectacular but its better than a fast food burger for sure. Owner is always in there, nice guy.

That looks like a place to put on the list to visit!

Nothing else new really.....Jill, Yeti finally found someone to marry her....happened this past weekend. You know the guy MUST have issues because he is in his 50's and was still a virgin! She found him in some radioactive dating pool in Chicago and he moved to Baltimore...I think the in laws are going to change their locks. I hope they made it clear to him that there are no returns.
Old 8/19/15, 07:33 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
I saw that. Why is it that this stuff always seems to happen to the best people? Godspeed batman!
I have no idea. I just know it is so incredibly unfair

Originally Posted by HOSS429
the later it gets the closer i am to calling in sick tomorrow .. i`ve got 60 hours to burn ..
I always say I'm gonna do that....but I can never go through with it. Dang work ethic, morals, and values won't let me I think I've used 5 sick days in the 7 years I've worked here.

Originally Posted by svopaul
I RARELY get a vacation but this year I just booked a place in the Smokies for the week between Christmas and New Years....my boss is pissed but that SOB is going to have to just deal with it.

Happy Belated Birthday Jill!! Hope you had a great day!

Saw that...very sad!

Nothing else new really.....Jill, Yeti finally found someone to marry her....happened this past weekend. You know the guy MUST have issues because he is in his 50's and was still a virgin! She found him in some radioactive dating pool in Chicago and he moved to Baltimore...I think the in laws are going to change their locks. I hope they made it clear to him that there are no returns.
Again, what a ***** that boss of yours is! But I'll bet Aruba would be better around the holidays

Thanks for the bday wishes. It was a good day. Just me, Mr. Jill and we actually got all 3 kids together for the first time in a couple of years!

Yes, very sad indeed. I expect traffic to be very heavy in this area this afternoon for his services.

Wow, finally! Were you at the wedding? Did you meet him? After your description of her, I thought for sure I may have spotted her at Target a little while back and I was going to take a pic to send to you but I couldn't bring myself to do it, lol
Old 8/19/15, 07:46 AM
Service Manager

Again, what a ***** that boss of yours is! But I'll bet Aruba would be better around the holidays

Thanks for the bday wishes. It was a good day. Just me, Mr. Jill and we actually got all 3 kids together for the first time in a couple of years!

Yes, very sad indeed. I expect traffic to be very heavy in this area this afternoon for his services.

Wow, finally! Were you at the wedding? Did you meet him? After your description of her, I thought for sure I may have spotted her at Target a little while back and I was going to take a pic to send to you but I couldn't bring myself to do it, lol
Aruba would probably be nicer but not this time....

No, I didn't go to the wedding....even if paid I wouldn't have gone. I suffered through her first one...that was enough. I haven't met this one....just seen pics and heard about him....heard enough to know he's not right in the head...lol...of course the fact that he actually married yeti speaks volumes to that effect. He even made her sign a prenup...probably because she has a cubic ton of student loans she took out while trying to find someone to support her all these years.
Old 8/19/15, 08:13 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Aruba would probably be nicer but not this time....

No, I didn't go to the wedding....even if paid I wouldn't have gone. I suffered through her first one...that was enough. I haven't met this one....just seen pics and heard about him....heard enough to know he's not right in the head...lol...of course the fact that he actually married yeti speaks volumes to that effect. He even made her sign a prenup...probably because she has a cubic ton of student loans she took out while trying to find someone to support her all these years.
Well maybe they can come visit you soon so you can have a chance to meet him in person. Or better yet, why don't you invite them to join you on your vacation in the Smokies
Old 8/19/15, 08:43 AM
Service Manager

Well maybe they can come visit you soon so you can have a chance to meet him in person. Or better yet, why don't you invite them to join you on your vacation in the Smokies

Negative Ghost rider, the pattern is full!
Old 8/20/15, 07:51 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Top Gun
Old 8/20/15, 06:08 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Negative Ghost rider, the pattern is full!
I'm sure you would have a great time with them

Went to take the trash out after it stopped raining.....Love a good rainbow!
Attached Thumbnails Mustangs Coast to Coast-photo38.jpg  
Old 8/20/15, 06:35 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Went to take the trash out after it stopped raining.....Love a good rainbow!
Nice! I saw a really nice one last night when I went to pick up our trash cans. It almost looked like it was going through the full spectrum of colors twice if that makes sense. Sort of like a double rainbow but together. Left my phone in the house though. Was still a cool way to end the two days of nonstop rain we had.
Old 8/21/15, 08:03 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Nice! I saw a really nice one last night when I went to pick up our trash cans. It almost looked like it was going through the full spectrum of colors twice if that makes sense. Sort of like a double rainbow but together. Left my phone in the house though. Was still a cool way to end the two days of nonstop rain we had.
It makes sense to me. You can see a bit of the double in my pic but the second ones are usually so faint in color that they are hard to see. The pic doesn't do it justice, it was a lot brighter in person.
Old 8/21/15, 02:34 PM
Service Manager

I would rather go out to Owings Mills and spend the night at the light rail station on a bench!
Old 8/21/15, 03:11 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Whats happening peeps. Im currently in Jackson GA heading to McCalla, AL then to Decatur,AL to pick up my next load then off to Maple Grove, MN. yes nate im heading to Canasoooota
Old 8/21/15, 04:53 PM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Mustangs Coast to Coast

I would rather go out to Owings Mills and spend the night at the light rail station on a bench!
That's the metro....light rail is in Hunt Valley
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Whats happening peeps. Im currently in Jackson GA heading to McCalla, AL then to Decatur,AL to pick up my next load then off to Maple Grove, MN. yes nate im heading to Canasoooota
Old 8/21/15, 05:42 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
That's the metro....light rail is in Hunt Valley

Hi Jill.
Old 8/21/15, 07:08 PM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Mustangs Coast to Coast

Ha! I was just in Maple Grove last Friday night. That's about 35 minutes from me.
Old 8/21/15, 09:36 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 587 Likes on 421 Posts
Only good thing in Jackson is the electric chair.
Old 8/22/15, 01:44 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 587 Likes on 421 Posts
This place sucks these days. Its a mother****ing ****hole and nobody ever comes here.

I miss Charlie.
Old 8/22/15, 07:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
Ha! I was just in Maple Grove last Friday night. That's about 35 minutes from me.
Welcome to Minnesota.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast