Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 4/28/11, 10:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'm also sorry to report that Lee has never blessed me with his phone number.

I only have Mike, Nathan, and David on my phone.

I'd be happy to have anyone's number who wants to share numbers just in case stuff like this happens in the future we can keep a network of sorts between us.
sounds like a good idea.

Old 4/28/11, 10:44 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
I'll start a TMS address book tomorrow. It wont be public and if you wnat to be added, send me your name and phone number. if you want to do address as well thats cool to. I am prob gonna do it as an access database so i can search and all real easy.

Last edited by Scothew; 4/28/11 at 10:46 PM.
Old 4/28/11, 10:46 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Scothew
We train for it. we train hard for it and frankly you have to clear your mind, realize you have a job to do and dont think about it, just do it. Thats the best way I can describe it.
mmmmph is the word I mumbled grumbled.
tough stuff man. be careful. Thank You.
that training is very helpful I'm sure,
but you are still a human being that needs to process that over time.
because I think the danger is to go too numb. just thinking out loud around the fire. a hootie in the back of us.

Old 4/28/11, 10:49 PM
Post *****

I'll start a TMS address book tomorrow. It wont be public and if you wnat to be added, send me your name and phone number. if you want to do address as well thats cool to. I am prob gonna do it as an access database so i can search and all real easy.
Thanx!
Old 4/28/11, 11:14 PM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
I'm also sorry to report that Lee has never blessed me with his phone number.

I only have Mike, Nathan, and David on my phone.

I'd be happy to have anyone's number who wants to share numbers just in case stuff like this happens in the future we can keep a network of sorts between us.

sounds like a good idea.

I met Mike a while back when he bought his son's cars, and I try to call and check on the old guy every once in a while.

I've never actually spoken to Gary and Nathan, though I do send them a text every once in a while (mostly when I send Nathan a picture of my gauge reading 80* in winter )
Old 4/28/11, 11:26 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by StangMahn
though I do send them a text every once in a while of $*^&# girls with ()_#$ ...

Old 4/29/11, 05:07 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
My family and I are safe, just now getting in and settled down and getting power back. My hat is off to you Scott, you're a better man than me because I could never do what you do. It'll take a long time for me to get over what I've seen in the last 24hrs, if I ever do. In all my years of living in this region, I've never seen anything like this. No other way to describe it besides total destruction. I haven't slept, been going all day, exhausted, and I still don't think I'll be able to sleep with my mind packed full of the images it has taken in.
Really glad to hear you and your family are ok. I doubt you will ever get those images out of your mind. I hope I never have to face anything like that in my lifetime. I've seen what an EF1 can do when it hit the neighborhood next to mine. Too close to home for me, but there were no injuries luckily.

I'm surprised they didn't delay our schools yesterday. We were under tornado warnings all morning and I don't think it was wise of the school system to have kids on buses with the possibility of a tornado. Then when they got to school they kept them in halls and basements for close to 2 hours. Seems wiser to me to just keep them home
Old 4/29/11, 06:29 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
What is the difference between airborne and regular infantry?

Currently the plan is to go to the community college around here for 2 years, get my associates in Applied Science/Engineering, then transfer to the University of South Florida for Mechanical Engineering. Basically making machines, tools, engines, etc.

I'm really hoping to get this one scholarship, but I'm really scared I'm going to miss it by about .1 from my GPA... It's scary.

I'm ready to be done with high school though, got 16 school days left! Today was the state competition for band, we got a "Good" rating which is completely the middle grade, we got "Superior" at districts. Tomorrow is the last part of my senior exit project, Kiddy Lit. All seniors are in groups of 3-4 and have to make a children's book. Tomorrow we're going to Bashaw Elementary to read them to the kids. And then 2 Thursdays ago I did my career shadowing on a Welder/Fabricator. Learned quite a bit there, and I really like it, seems like a interesting career path, and as long as you're not a welder on an assembly line or such you get to do a million different things instead of just doing the same weld all day.

Yeah, I've been a little bit busy, sorry for stealin' your ear there
It's all good, you can bend my ear anytime! Good luck with the scholarship, any little bit helps. And it sounds like a good plan for you. Nothing wrong with community college. That's where my stepdaughter is going for her nursing degree. Our's has a really good nursing program. She may continue with more nursing after she gets her degree, but at least she won't have any student loans when she graduates for now. You guys start school earlier in the year, so you finish early. Mine doesn't graduate until June 4th, but they don't start the school year here until the last week of August. He just brought home all of his announcements and stuff yesterday. Guess I better get busy addressing envelopes!

If I'm understanding this correctly, there is regular infantry, airborne is infantry but jumps out of airplanes, then there are rangers and you have to be airborne to be a ranger. Being a ranger is his ultimate goal, but that's special forces. You have to have certain scores on your ASVAB to qualify. For instance, for a ranger, I know you have to have at least a 50 (overall score) but then you have to have a line score of at least 110 in the general technical portion of the testing to qualify. I know he qualified with an overall score of 51 (which I'm understanding anything over 50 is a good score), but I think his line score for GT was only 99. Once he's in, he can always take a class on how to raise the GT portion. The physical testing is also more involved for airborne or ranger. You have to be able to run longer, faster, do more sit ups, push ups, etc. to qualify. Right now we are just hoping an airborne slot opens up before he leaves. I still don't know why he wants to jump out of a perfectly good airplane
Old 4/29/11, 07:42 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Starting the database acctually just putting it into my outlook so it synchs to my phone. If anyone wants to be included, send me a PM wiht your name and number, preferrably cell and if you can get text all teh better. Email address would be great as well and if you want, include your address.

I wont be giving these out, it will only be for contacting in case of situations like has gone on and we are wanting to make sure our friends are ok. Sending address would be good as I could cross reference it with any storm paths that may have come through.
Old 4/29/11, 11:34 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I've had my notch five years as of today. Can't believe how fast time flies.
Old 4/29/11, 11:44 AM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Congrats!

I"ll be married for 5 years this summer!
Old 4/29/11, 12:41 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hello people.

turns out teh problem was the throttle body and motor assembly
Old 4/29/11, 12:57 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
Gave my digits to Scott... if anyone else wants them PM me.

I'll then send you through an extreme vetting process that includes spaghetti noodles, Dr. Sholls Gel inserts, and stickynotes...be very afraid.
Old 4/29/11, 01:13 PM
Post *****

Originally Posted by Knight Rider
hello people.

turns out teh problem was the throttle body and motor assembly
Seems like we suggested that...
Old 4/29/11, 01:14 PM
Post *****

any storm paths that may have come through.
OK, silly question. How'd the old tree hold up?

Still no word from Willie? Or Dirk?
Old 4/29/11, 01:37 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by cdynaco
OK, silly question. How'd the old tree hold up?

Still no word from Willie? Or Dirk?
You talking about in auburn?
Old 4/29/11, 01:46 PM
Post *****

You talking about in auburn?
yeah
Old 4/29/11, 01:47 PM
Needs to be more Astony

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by codeman94
Congrats!

I"ll be married for 5 years this summer!

Congrats Cody, I'm coming up on 7 years in November.
Old 4/29/11, 02:02 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Originally Posted by cdynaco
yeah
The southeast part of the state really didnt take much of a hit, so theys hould have been fine, well fine in regards to the storm, not overall.
Old 4/29/11, 02:24 PM
Post *****

The southeast part of the state really didnt take much of a hit, so theys hould have been fine, well fine in regards to the storm, not overall.
OK, I thought I heard the University (or nearby) got hit.

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast