Hall Of Fame Homepage Journal Type & Other Threads of Merit By Admin Invitation Only
View Poll Results: Do you prefer us lobbing Potatoes or Grenades to take care of spammers?
Lob potatoes to just stun them
11.11%
Lob grenades and remove them from the TMS pool permanently
88.89%
Voters: 9. You may not vote on this poll

Mustangs Coast to Coast

Search this Thread

Old 10/20/10, 10:04 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
Geez!! That guy should work at Ford!

Old 10/20/10, 10:07 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by 08GTCandyApple
Now, if only my oldest had any hopes and dreams........

How do you like my new winter beater???
Wicked baddddd!!
Old 10/20/10, 10:20 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Meeting with the recruiter tonight, so if anyone can come up with any more good questions for me.................I'd appreciate it

Also, looks like the 350 is being traded in today for this. No more diesel for now. Turbo locked up last week, replaced both batteries 2 weeks ago and we aren't doing it any favors by not driving it enough.
Oh yeha tell me about those chitty 6.0s. We replaced the turbo, FICM, whole front suspension and then the tranny went along with the computer and some other things. We said screw it and gave it back to the finance company. Yeah it was a nice truck but not worth all the repairs.

Originally Posted by ford20
When I met with my recruiter I asked him what possible jobs would be available to me based on the scores from my practice test. Also ask him for a copy of the pe they do during Basic Training so that he can prepare himself so he is not struggling and has an easier time at it. Also they are gonna try and blow sunshine up your behind about it so I would also try and find someone to talk to about the parts that suck lol ... I know my recruiter made the Marines sound like the best and easiest ting ever lol

Wow thats a NICE looking Truck!!!
I gotta say he does have one point about the PT (Physical Training) aspect. I can tell you that he will be doing push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, side saddle hops ( Jumping Jacks) and running ALOT along with other excercises. For the PT test (in the Army) they do push-ups, sit-ups, and a 2 mile run. Oh and they have to do a certain number of push-ups and sit-ups in 2 mins to pass and run a certain time to pass the 2 mile run also. If you want I can get more info about how many push-ups and sit-ups and what time he has to do the 2 mile run in if you want since I work with the Army guys in the same hanger.

So why didn't you join?

The new 6.7L is supposed to be sweet. Hopefully there won't be issues with this one as opposed to the 6.0L. He will probably get another diesel one day, but right now everything he tows, should tow nicely enough with the 250.

That's what I'm afraid of, them telling him everything he wants to hear and me not knowing enough to know the difference.
Everything that I had read up on and heard about the 6.7 has been good. From what I gather it is going to be a beast. Ford has built it in house and been testing it for the past 2 years already to make sure that it will last just like the 7.3l did.

Originally Posted by mustangGT90210
If that's directed at me, You drive one, bring your kid, and I'll bring a trailer and someone, and we'll both score '95 and '00 R's

ALDS gary

You really don't give 2 ***** about baseball, do you?

Worse than the lions!

Insane statement for an insane collection

A bit
Well I think where I am is almost the same as an insane insilum

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs

Originally Posted by cdynaco
I don't get it...

What's the attraction of a cowl?

To me it looks like a big shnazz...

(that means nose )
I really dont like those kind of cowls but I do LOVE the Cobra R hood for the Fox bodies. Those arent square and are tiered. Thats what I am gonna have on my Fox with a Blower sticking out of it.
Old 10/20/10, 10:22 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
No offense Ray, but unless this is a Photoshop contest, I can kind of see why. Not to be mean, but if this is just a "photo" contest yours looks too (don't really know the term) "over processed". Too much added to it to be realistic. With enough software and practice anyone can manufacture a cool picture.

Sorry if I offended you or misunderstood the purpose of the contest.
No problem, everyone has a different artistic viewpoint. I understand your explanation perfectly, no offense taken. I just think that some of the other photos in the group suck... haha.
Old 10/20/10, 10:42 AM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
I just read this and had to share. What is said in this article is pretty actual and on point.....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/po...105202284.html
Old 10/20/10, 11:09 AM
Post *****

Originally Posted by BoogieNights
I just read this and had to share. What is said in this article is pretty actual and on point.....

http://www.washingtonexaminer.com/po...105202284.html
Yeah it sounds like politicians are putting our/you guys in harms way and only letting you fight with one arm behind your back. While the enemy is using every trick in the book (and then some) to kill our soldiers...

Politico's and war on the battlefield don't mix - thought we learned that in VN...

Be careful Dirk.

"I'm sick of people trying to cover up what's really going on over here. They won't let us do our job. I don't care if they try to kick me out for what I'm saying -- war is war and this is no war. I don't know what this is."
To the soldiers and Marines risking their lives in Afghanistan, restrictions on their ability to aggressively attack the Taliban have led to another enormous frustration stalking morale: the fear that the Karzai government, with the prodding of the administration of President Obama, will negotiate a peace with the Taliban that wastes all the sacrifices by the U.S. here. Those fears intensified when news reached the enlisted ranks that the Karzai government, with the backing of senior Obama officials, was entering a new round of negotiations with the Taliban.
"If we walk away, cut a deal with the Taliban, desert the people who needed us most, then this war was pointless," said Pvt. Jeffrey Ward, with 1st Battalion, 4th Infantry Regiment, who is stationed at Forward Operating Base Bullard in southern Afghanistan.
"Everyone dies for their own reasons but it's sad to think that our friends, the troops, have given their lives for something we're not going to see through."
Other soldiers agreed. They said they feared few officials in the Pentagon understand the reality on the ground.
Old 10/20/10, 11:24 AM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts

I will make a fox like that
Old 10/20/10, 11:27 AM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Sort of..........technically it will always be his truck that he lets me drive when it's snowing
Id be happy right now with that as a daily
Old 10/20/10, 11:36 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 63 Likes on 56 Posts
I don't get it...

What's the attraction of a cowl?

To me it looks like a big shnazz...

(that means nose )
+1 well 3 lol
Great! Go Rangers!! Loved them kickin NY's butt at home badddddd!
YEAH!!! F THE YANKEES!!! BTW Im a Mets fan so I hate the Yankees just as much as anyone else
Ever tried to stuff a big honking stroker motor, or forced induction setup with a good flowing intake under a stock Fox hood?
Not much room there to work with. It's not always about the look.
You can always cut the hood

Or put a BIG *** Hood scoop on it
Old 10/20/10, 11:53 AM
The Legacy TMS Lady

Received 169 Likes on 114 Posts
Originally Posted by BoogieNights
Oh yeha tell me about those chitty 6.0s. We replaced the turbo, FICM, whole front suspension and then the tranny went along with the computer and some other things. We said screw it and gave it back to the finance company. Yeah it was a nice truck but not worth all the repairs.

I gotta say he does have one point about the PT (Physical Training) aspect. I can tell you that he will be doing push-ups, sit-ups, crunches, side saddle hops ( Jumping Jacks) and running ALOT along with other excercises. For the PT test (in the Army) they do push-ups, sit-ups, and a 2 mile run. Oh and they have to do a certain number of push-ups and sit-ups in 2 mins to pass and run a certain time to pass the 2 mile run also. If you want I can get more info about how many push-ups and sit-ups and what time he has to do the 2 mile run in if you want since I work with the Army guys in the same hanger.

Everything that I had read up on and heard about the 6.7 has been good. From what I gather it is going to be a beast. Ford has built it in house and been testing it for the past 2 years already to make sure that it will last just like the 7.3l did.
That's the other reason we figured we'd get rid of it before it was too late. We have heard great things about the 6.7, but like I said, not driving it much won't be good for it. I'm sure there will be another diesel in his future, just not right now.

We did get the info on the physical test during our 2hr meeting with the recruiter. The minimun 2 minute requirements are 42 push ups, 53 sit ups and 15:54 for the 2 mile run. He also has quite a bit of weight to lose. I think for 5' 11", the weight is 185 and he's about 220. He's really stocky though, so I know if they don't make weight, they can go by body fat percentage. Even after talking to the recruiter, he's pretty set on Infantry

Originally Posted by Scothew
Id be happy right now with that as a daily
It won't even be driven that much. He's got a company truck and used to beg me to drive the 350 all the time. It's just a pain to try to park it in the lot here at work, the spaces ehre aren't made for long trucks. He said he felt weird driving it yesterday because it has so many options and it's such a big change from the 350. I'll find out tomorrow. I may drive it to work
Old 10/20/10, 12:56 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 588 Likes on 422 Posts
Why does sleeping with the ceiling fan on give me a stuffy nose?
Old 10/20/10, 01:00 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

IDK, I have to have mine on or I have a tendency to overheat
Old 10/20/10, 01:02 PM

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
me too. cant sleep when I'm hot!
Old 10/20/10, 01:02 PM
Post *****

Constant movement of air dries out membranes.

Or you're picking your nose in your sleep.

Old 10/20/10, 01:28 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I have to have it cool to sleep too, and some air moving. But, for a while now if I have it on too high my nose is stopped up in the morning. It unstops not long after I'm up, but its still irritating.
Old 10/20/10, 01:43 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
I need the fan on to sleep. I need a cool dark room, covers so I can stick my leg out and have the fan cool it, while I hug a pillow and snore like a *****.

The problem I'm having is that Blaine gets congested if we leave the fan on overnight, he sleeps in a small crib in our room, so naturally I go elsewhere to sleep because I need the fan more than I need the woman next to me.
Old 10/20/10, 01:54 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

That's the other reason we figured we'd get rid of it before it was too late. We have heard great things about the 6.7, but like I said, not driving it much won't be good for it. I'm sure there will be another diesel in his future, just not right now.

We did get the info on the physical test during our 2hr meeting with the recruiter. The minimun 2 minute requirements are 42 push ups, 53 sit ups and 15:54 for the 2 mile run. He also has quite a bit of weight to lose. I think for 5' 11", the weight is 185 and he's about 220. He's really stocky though, so I know if they don't make weight, they can go by body fat percentage. Even after talking to the recruiter, he's pretty set on Infantry

It won't even be driven that much. He's got a company truck and used to beg me to drive the 350 all the time. It's just a pain to try to park it in the lot here at work, the spaces ehre aren't made for long trucks. He said he felt weird driving it yesterday because it has so many options and it's such a big change from the 350. I'll find out tomorrow. I may drive it to work
You can try and talk to him about the Field Artillary Branch or Corps I forget which one it is. Why does he want to be infantry? Yeah you may not be out there in heat of things but your still providing a integral battle role and your saving peoples butts that need it. IDK just another thing to think about lol. Artillary was one of the many thing sI was thinking about doing in the Marines, it just sounded fun and a good thing to do but thats just me.

Because some of the dust thats stuck to the fan blades comes off as it gets caught up in your nose and makes it stuffy
Old 10/20/10, 02:14 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

...... covers so I can stick my leg out and have the fan cool it,

I thought I was the only one that did that.
Old 10/20/10, 05:42 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

..... Hi
Old 10/20/10, 07:08 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
IDK, I have to have mine on or I have a tendency to overheat

I either drove over something today, or have a new leak under the truck. My steering gear box and the area around it was wet with an oily substance, it was on the frame under the gear box, the tie rods (i think) under the frame and also on the I-Beam, and splashed a little up into the top of the fenderwell

Quick Reply: Mustangs Coast to Coast