2015 - 2023 MUSTANG Discuss everything 2015-2023 S550 Mustang

Mustang GT Order Status Questions

Search this Thread

Old 6/24/17, 01:18 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Mustang GT Order Status Questions

Hello. I ordered a Mustang GT on May 30th. My dealer gave me my VIN number on June 15th saying that the scheduled build date is on July 17th and for the car to get delivered is around July 22nd.

However, yesterday I checked on COTUS (as I'm checking every 2 hours), and it changed from In Order Processing to In Production. A few hours later it showed under In Order Processing that it was completed on June 23rd which is good.

Now, today, I checked on the window sticker website for ford and I saw they created my Window Sticker. The sticker is now on the COTUS website yet but I'm sure it will show up today or tomorrow.

I searched a lot to see how long other people had to wait at different steps and 90% of the people I've seen had their car built no later than 10 days from when their order moved from In Order Processing to In Production which means that my car SHOULD be built in the next 10 days BUT my dealers date was July 17th which is a lot more than 10 days away. Also, my window sticker blend date says July 21st. So I'm confused, am I going to be stuck In Production until July 17-21? Because most peoples orders I've seen on COTUS their car was built in 10 days max from the date their order changed to In Production.

If someone could help me with some info on this about when my build date is happening it would be great. Or if you had a similar case where you had to wait 4 weeks In Production status on COTUS website before you car was built. Thanks!

Summary
Ordered on: 5/30/2017
VIN#: 6/15/2017
Dealer Build Date: 7/17/2017
Dealer Delivery Estimate: 07/22/2017
Status change from In Order Processing > In Production: 6/23/2017
Window Sticker: 6/24/2017
Window Sticker Blend (Build Date?): 7/21/2017
Actual Build Date?

Anyone who can help with info on when my build date could happen will be much appreciated!

Last edited by InterventX; 6/24/17 at 01:23 PM. Reason: Added Summary Times
Old 6/26/17, 01:40 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
1: dealer's past experience led them to give you the delivery date that they did
or
2: dealer gave you a delivery date with a "fudge factor" built in. Get it the date that they said and they look efficient. Get it earlier than they said and they look concerned and anxious to satisfy you. In a previous life when we had to clean up a freeway after a major incident I always gave the media a time I figured was at least an hour after we expected to have the job done. Made us look good.
3: did you factor in delivery times, which may be completely out of the dealer's control?

(No speculation on how the dealer will deal with the situation if it comes in late. I know, the excitement is building....)

Last edited by junkman9096; 6/26/17 at 01:42 PM.
Old 6/26/17, 07:26 PM

I looked at a BUNCH of peoples COTUS tracking and from what I've seen is people had their car built 6-10 days after their status changed to In Production. Which means my car should get built in the next 6-7 days since its already been 3 days since my status has changed to In Production. I live in Canada but I'm very close to the factory where they build the cars. About 50min away and they're sending it by convoy, so unless its going to take 3 weeks or more to put the car on convoy then I don't see why it would take until the end of July to get the car delivered. I'm really curious about what is going to happen in the next 5-7 days. Curious to see if the car will be built.
Old 6/27/17, 04:33 PM
Legacy Tms Member

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
Originally Posted by InterventX
About 50min away and they're sending it by convoy, so unless its going to take 3 weeks or more to put the car on convoy then I don't see why it would take until the end of July to get the car delivered. I'm really curious about what is going to happen in the next 5-7 days. Curious to see if the car will be built.
Time to start bugging the sales rep?
Old 7/19/17, 08:02 AM

Ordered mine on the 3rd of may and was delivered on 12th of july. Seemed like a long wait but it did go pretty well.
Old 7/19/17, 08:06 AM

Originally Posted by 1blkpny
Ordered mine on the 3rd of may and was delivered on 12th of july. Seemed like a long wait but it did go pretty well.
Congratulations! How you liking it?
I'm still waiting. Cotus says 10 days left and its still sitting "In Production".
Dealer told me that the build date is 17th but it doesn't seem like its been built yet. My Window sticker says 21st, so I'm guessing that's when it'll be built and then hopefully next week I should have it finally since its being shipped with convoy and I live about 50min away from the plant.
Old 7/19/17, 10:49 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 15 Likes on 14 Posts
I'm still waiting. Cotus says 10 days left and its still sitting "In Production".
Dealer told me that the build date is 17th but it doesn't seem like its been built yet. My Window sticker says 21st, so I'm guessing that's when it'll be built and then hopefully next week I should have it finally since its being shipped with convoy and I live about 50min away from the plant.
As another GT owner that hates waiting. I ordered my 2013 GT Premium on January 6th 2012, The wait was horrendous, I took delivery on April 12th. It is/will be worth the wait. Congratulations.
Old 7/20/17, 06:56 AM

Howdy there. Absolutely loving it. At the window tinder right now. Only have about 150 miles so far but that will soon change. You'll be pleasantly surprised with the awesome car you about to get. Patience was my best friend on the waiting. I'll have pics here after the weekend. Hang in there
Old 7/22/17, 11:06 AM

Howdy there. Absolutely loving it. At the window tinder right now. Only have about 150 miles so far but that will soon change. You'll be pleasantly surprised with the awesome car you about to get. Patience was my best friend on the waiting. I'll have pics here after the weekend. Hang in there
Awesome. I can't wait to get mine already haha.
Old 7/22/17, 11:11 AM

So yesterday was supposed to be my actual build date if you could say that since the BLEND DATE on my window sticker showed the 21st, well today is 22nd and still no change on COTUS website. Car is still sitting in production. I'm hoping later today its going to change to Waiting for shipment.

And, of course on the day that I got my VIN number, which was on June 23rd, that was the last day FORD SERVICE on these forums was active and has been inactive ever since. I woulda loved to know whats going on right now because I know they would've been able to help me. Dealer told me he doesn't see anything about the car being built and that he only sees an ETA for delivery on the 31st which is 7 days away.
Old 7/22/17, 03:54 PM

Just got back from tinting. 200 miles on the clock and loving every minute. Zaino treatment this weekend and should be able to get some more pics. Man I love this car.
Old 7/22/17, 04:45 PM

Just got back from tinting. 200 miles on the clock and loving every minute. Zaino treatment this weekend and should be able to get some more pics. Man I love this car.
Looks awesome! I got the same package too, the black accent package which comes with those rims. How are you liking those? Also, when was your car built? Was it on the same day as your blend date from your window sticker?
Old 7/22/17, 06:09 PM

I like them real well. Kind of a pain to clean up but oh well. June 16 built and awaiting shipment on the 18th. In transit status until the 13th of July, and delivered that day. Hope it goes fast for you. I know the feeling real well. It is worth the wait.