General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Mustang Club & National Show

Search this Thread

Old 4/3/16, 06:01 AM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Mustang Club & National Show

I posted this under S197, but got little response.

Perhaps this spot is more appropriate?
================================
While my ’13 is unique with the Silverhorse quarter windows, her rocker stripe and the (in process) California Special pedestal spoiler, the car, while exceptionally good looking and different, is certainly not a classic or a show car.

Anyone here in the Mustang Club of America? I see they are doing a National show in St. Augustine FL and from what I have read there will be numerous S197 series cars joining the 400 or so cars already registered for the event.

I have participated in car shows with my 1938 Studebaker President and my 1963 Studebaker Avanti(with factory Paxton supercharger) however I just don’t see the merits in “showing” a car like mine at such an event.

Please tell me what I am missing here.

Thanks,

RWSRWS
Attached Thumbnails Mustang Club & National Show-img_1779.jpg   Mustang Club & National Show-img_2213.jpg  

Last edited by RWSRWS; 4/3/16 at 06:03 AM.
Old 4/3/16, 08:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I looked at joining mustang club of america but haven't done it. I live like 15 minutes from St. Augustine and would love to go, haven't figured that out either, lol.

Right now I just have my brand new 2016 ecoboost in ruby red, will be adding the ford racing tune and air intake when it comes out.

Terry
Old 4/3/16, 08:01 PM
V6 Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
some of the guys on the other Forum may have convinced me to go......

RWSRWS
Old 4/4/16, 07:15 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 949 Likes on 577 Posts
I have gone to Mustang shows for many years. If you enjoy all types of Mustangs, then the shows are a wonderful way to spend a weekend. It doesn't matter what year or model as every Mustang is appreciated. The last few Mustang shows I attended in Maggie Valley, NC had approx 200 cars in attendance. Add a beautiful setting and it just doesn't get any better. If the St Augustine show is in a cool setting (vs a store parking lot) then I think you will have a great time.

** Just wanted to add: Since you are familiar with showing cars, these Mustang events are rather unique IMO. I also mostly attend shows with older cars, like my AMC, and the Mustang shows just are different. Maybe it's the camaraderie of all owning the same car.

Last edited by NC14GT; 4/4/16 at 07:23 AM.
The following users liked this post:
RWSRWS (4/4/16)
Old 4/5/16, 03:08 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I have joined MCA and looked into the Mustang Club Of America show at St. Augustine Florida that's coming up in two weeks.

My new car is only eligible for two divisions, president's choice or display only (a non judged division). If I was allowed in by the club president for president's choice (which is how this division works) I then would have needed to register the car by march 25th... which I missed.

So as of right now all I can do is register at any point from now up thru the time of the show to enter as display only. All divisions require a fee which I don't know what it is it and of course all cars must have a fire extinguisher in them.

Since the mustang is my only car it would be difficult for me to leave it there 8 hours day each day for 3 straight days, plus I doubt anyone would be to interested in seeing a displayed only (currently non- modded for now) 2016 ecoboost, so I probably won't enter the display division and just go check out the show as a non entered person.

In two years my car will be eligible for many more divisions and if modded a few more than that, at that point it would be worth entering for sure.

Last edited by tcman54; 4/5/16 at 03:11 AM.