General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

The Mustang bug is spreading.

Search this Thread

Old 9/8/13, 10:41 PM
GT Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
The Mustang bug is spreading.

The story goes like this, I had started shopping for a new car about two months ago while I was at work, I saw that one of my co-workers in the department ,but on a different shift and a different building had bought a 13' grabber Blue GT And I was pretty much sold. I was showing a guy that I work with all the time and just before I go on vacation he show up with a 13' grabber blue GT, and I was saying to him that he had taken my idea. Well I go on vacation and on the last few days I go and take the plunge and buy my GHIG GT ( which I absolutely love ). Then when I get back to work my buddy is all excited that I got mine, and I find out that right after I left on vac another tech in a different building and on third shift also bought a GHIG GT. So we now have two grabber blues and two GHIG's, and when I get to work today I find out that our supervisor had bought a bright red GT this weekend and had just picked it up on his way in to work. There are also two V6 cars in a different department but in the same area as all of ours. so the HERD is growing like crazy. Gotta love these cars.

Has anyone else had a similar occurrence happen?

Lee
Old 9/9/13, 08:32 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,079 Likes on 675 Posts
Sweet rides are contagious. You work too hard not to enjoy the nicer things in life. If it's a Mustang, so be it.
The only similar occurrence I experienced was over 30 years ago with the 'new' 1982 Trans Ams that came out. Wow! Were they different and cool!! Unfortunately those 'crossfire' engines kept the cars in the dealership service bays most of the first year they owned them. While they had sad faces, I desired and purchased a new '82 Mustang GT for $9,616. No problems with that ride.

Last edited by NC14GT; 9/9/13 at 08:34 AM.
Old 9/9/13, 01:17 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
in my apartment complex, for last 1 yr i was the only person who had a mustang... there were 8 camaro n 4 challengers... but now suddenly there is 3 DIB, 3 Black and 2 SG... all are '13/14...
Old 9/10/13, 05:54 AM
NOT CURRENTLY ACTIVE ON THIS SITE! DO NOT USE PM FEATURE!

Received 16 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by DinoDoc
The story goes like this, I had started shopping for a new car about two months ago while I was at work, I saw that one of my co-workers in the department ,but on a different shift and a different building had bought a 13' grabber Blue GT And I was pretty much sold. I was showing a guy that I work with all the time and just before I go on vacation he show up with a 13' grabber blue GT, and I was saying to him that he had taken my idea. Well I go on vacation and on the last few days I go and take the plunge and buy my GHIG GT ( which I absolutely love ). Then when I get back to work my buddy is all excited that I got mine, and I find out that right after I left on vac another tech in a different building and on third shift also bought a GHIG GT. So we now have two grabber blues and two GHIG's, and when I get to work today I find out that our supervisor had bought a bright red GT this weekend and had just picked it up on his way in to work. There are also two V6 cars in a different department but in the same area as all of ours. so the HERD is growing like crazy. Gotta love these cars.
Originally Posted by CiniZter
in my apartment complex, for last 1 yr i was the only person who had a mustang... there were 8 camaro n 4 challengers... but now suddenly there is 3 DIB, 3 Black and 2 SG... all are '13/14...
That is cool! I think you guys should post pictures.

Deysha
Old 9/10/13, 06:11 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

last saturday i put a note on windshield on all stangs in apt to do a car show front of our apartment... nobody responded yet...
Old 9/10/13, 01:37 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Back in the late 80's we had 6 5.0's at our work and we all parked together. We were given the 'The Pony Corral' nickname! Wish someone would have taken pics then! Since I bought my Boss more and more of my co-workers are parking their Mustangs out by mine! I've posted many pics!
Old 11/13/13, 06:40 PM
Mach 1 Member

Has anyone else had a similar occurrence happen?

Lee
WOW! PLEASE post pictures with all those mustangs parked together!

Last edited by STABB3D BY GiRL; 11/13/13 at 06:41 PM.
Old 11/13/13, 09:21 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
. . . There are also two V6 cars in a different department . . . Lee
Women like Mustangs too!
Old 11/14/13, 11:19 AM
Bullitt Member

Wow ! That is awesome. Yall could start your own club.
Old 11/14/13, 11:22 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally Posted by Phil in OKC
Women like Mustangs too!
I have a V8!

Like men don't buy a V6.
Old 11/17/13, 12:58 PM

Dont hate on the v6! Tho, a '13 GT will be my next purchase
If any one happens to need a brand new 2010-2013 Maganaflow Quad axle back system for a 3.7, I'm getting rid of mine for dirt cheap. It lists for over $600 and I'm taking any reasonable offers (taking into consideration shipping costs) http://www.americanmuscle.com/magnaf...ck-1112v6.html
I wrecked my '12 before it finally showed up in the mail so let me know if I can help anyone out, feel free to shoot me a personal email at KRthisfall@gmail.com Thanks!
Old 11/18/13, 05:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Mustang Mama
I have a V8!

Like men don't buy a V6.

You go girl!
Old 11/18/13, 06:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Nice! It what us older folks call Shootgun tailpipes.