General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Looking for the original owner

Search this Thread

Old 8/1/22, 07:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts
Looking for the original owner

Does anybody have any idea on how to track down the original owner of a car?
This past November, I purchased an 06 GT, from a dealer that acquired the car from an auction. I have the car fax report, and it shows that the car had one one owner. It appears that the car was traded in at a Ford dealership in the Akron OH area. I haven't tried to call the dealership as I assume there are privacy issues.
I just have a few questions regarding some of the mods the owner put on the car. The car had only 32k miles and was clearly a garage queen and extremely well taken care of, so I would also like to let the previous owner know that the car is still a queen and being treated well.
Any suggestions?
Thanks
Old 8/1/22, 08:34 PM
Administrator, Shop Manual PDF Poster, Parts Locator & Spam Bot Eliminator!!

Received 2,866 Likes on 2,112 Posts
Trot on Down to Your Local Ford Dealer in Your Mustang. Walk up to Service Desk Registration in Hand. This Shows you are now Current Owner of the Car & Should Ease the Process. Tell them you recently bought the car & want them to check for any open Recalls & Also would they pull up Warranty History on the Car as you would like to know what the History of any Issues are On the Car is & Could you Have a Print Out. Great Info to Have on your New Purchase Btw.

If they Won't give you a Print Out they should at Least Be Able to tell you the Servicing Dealer. I think the Owners Name Comes up on the Print out but if not the Name of The Warranty Servicing Dealer Will & They will Have Customer Info in Their Computer. At this Point any Privacy Issues are up to the Dealer. They may want to Call Previous owner & get an Ok or Not. Considering how this car was taken Care of the Previous Owner would Likely Love to Chat with the New Owner.

I am Curious what are The Mods??? Perhaps We Could Help on That!

Good Luck!

That is One Way Anyhow!

KC

Last edited by 05stangkc; 8/1/22 at 09:09 PM.