Notices
General Mustang Chat Not Tech or Model Year Specific

Intermittent Starting Mustang 2006 V6

Old 3/17/19, 03:42 PM

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Intermittent Starting Mustang 2006 V6

Hey Everybody,

Iíve been having this intermittent starting problem with my Mustang for about a year now. This problem doesnít happen all the time. Car starts fine in the morning to go to work and after work to go home (roughly 9 hours in between starts). Problem with starting arises when letís say I need to run a quick errand across town. Come back out of store, letís say 15min, go to start the car... And nothing, no clicking, no sound. But, if I wait another 15 to 20 minutes I can start the car and drive home no problem. Itís weird. Doesnít happen all the time. Just on these quick trips to the store or gas station. It almost feels like it doesnít have time to cool down all the way. I had one of my buddies, who works as a mechanic for a living, rule out the battery. The battery is about a 1 year and a half old and when I tested the voltage it was good. Spark plugs were just changed. Brand new thermostat. Took it to two mechanics and they had problems replicating the issue and could not find the issue to repair. Ford couldnít find the problem as well. Iím by no means a mechanic. I replaced the thermostat and spark plugs thanks to YouTube, haha. I donít know anything about cars to even start diagnosing. But any thoughts on this issue would be helpful. Ford Mustang 2006 V6 90k. Thanks!