The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   I have to get rid of my Mustang (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/i-have-get-rid-my-mustang-535989/)

TripleBlack14 3/8/15 07:33 AM

I have to get rid of my Mustang

Apparently my beloved 420 hp, 6M, drop top hot rod is not the car I should have in my golden years of retirement.

Can anyone direct me to the Nissan Murano forum? I have some research to do. I hope there's enough cargo space to accomodate a Jazzie and a walker. I need to do this before my afternoon nap.

Best Car For Retirement?

2015 Nissan Murano Test Drive

"I’m technically old enough to be an empty nester, but I got started with the family thing a little late in life and still have a good 12 years to go before I officially qualify.

Nevertheless, I’ve got plenty of physical ailments, I wake up in the middle of every night and I love few things more than whining about how hard easy chairs are these days. So I think I’m more than qualified to evaluate the 2015 Nissan Murano.

I’m serious. Nissan has gone out of its way to point out that its all-new midsize crossover is a semi-premium play for folks who are dancing into their golden years footloose and kid-free, who don’t need a big SUV anymore but just can’t give up the comfort and commanding view that one provides.........."
And so on.

Glenn 3/8/15 08:01 AM

Looks cool enough
http://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam...-002-large.jpg
http://www.nissanusa.com/content/dam...console-03.jpg
and nice enough :)

GottaHaveIt 3/8/15 08:55 AM

you can save desperate lonely guys stuck in the mud or family's on an angry ice bridge.

Cavero 3/8/15 08:57 AM

I saw on Motor Week they named the Murano the top crossover of the year

Stage_3 3/8/15 09:19 AM

Too funny.
My neighbor just bought a black one. He's not that old, anywhere from 35-40 years of age.

tukatz 3/8/15 09:32 AM

You should look at the Honda CR-V Touring model. We just picked ours up on January 19th and love it.

DarrenGT 3/8/15 09:34 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6905741)

i dunno man, that interior looks like the plush interior of a ...
coffin :doh:

TripleBlack14 3/8/15 09:44 AM

Originally Posted by DarrenGT (Post 6905770)
i dunno man, that interior looks like the plush interior of a ...
coffin :doh:

Plus it's an automatic. And I'll bet that a "light rock" radio station is queued up on the dial. Kill me now.

On the plus side though, the cup holder arrangement works, and the grille doesn't look like a Fusion. And there's plenty of compartments to stash a few male Depends.

VidPro 3/8/15 09:49 AM

I'm confused. This is a joke, right?

The interior dose look nice though. :) Age not withstanding, I've always wanted a plush floaty car for everyday driving and my Mustang for weekends etc.

Glenn 3/8/15 10:09 AM

I wonder how that center console opens up. I dislike the two lid versions

hschade 3/8/15 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6905741)

The general body shape is too much like the 03 Saturn Vue I just got rid of for my 2015 Mustang. Now the interior is WAY nicer than my Vue was, but I like my Mustang interior better than this, and ya I agree this is missing a peddle.

But if one had a family still and wanted a ride like this, at least it is not hard on the eyes. Not as nice as a Mustang though.

RedGT12 3/8/15 02:07 PM

Hey what's wrong with afternoon naps, I'm 24 and take them all the time. Lol

DarrenGT 3/8/15 02:16 PM

Originally Posted by RedGT12 (Post 6905852)
Hey what's wrong with afternoon naps, I'm 24 and take them all the time. Lol

Hangover naps?
They don't count lol

RedGT12 3/8/15 02:24 PM

Originally Posted by DarrenGT (Post 6905855)
Hangover naps? They don't count lol

Nope, after lunch naps.. Lol food puts me to sleep ha

NC14GT 3/9/15 08:30 AM

1 Attachment(s)
You scared me at first but I like your sense of humor.
Being 60 and retired myself I have no intentions of slowing down. My current garage is proof.
Attachment 169336

barebone- 5.0 3/9/15 08:58 AM

Originally Posted by Glenn (Post 6905788)
I wonder how that center console opens up. I dislike the two lid versions

From the picture given, the seam on rearmost part of the console makes me think it is not a two lid version but just for looks on top, and opens up as one

GrnT 3/9/15 10:38 AM

I fight this kind of thinking every day. My wife doesn't make it easy on me either.
Buy a car that's so cushy you could fall asleep at the wheel. :heh: I was looking at a Toyota SUV my neighbor just purchased. My wife has the Flex and that's good enough IMO.

kcoTiger 3/9/15 01:16 PM

This had better be a joke. I didn't sell you a filtered-air dryer so you could use it on a frickin' Nissan. :shame:

mhazelwd 3/9/15 01:44 PM

Originally Posted by NC07GTCS (Post 6906045)
You scared me at first but I like your sense of humor.
Being 60 and retired myself I have no intentions of slowing down. My current garage is proof.
Attachment 169336

nice Matador ant first I thought it may be one of those Javelins with the 360 CID.

I wouldn't buy another Nissan, but I had a Datsun 280ZX and it was fine. Later on I bought a 2001 Frontier and stuff just stopped working and even though it was a 4x4 it was easy to get stuck with it.

I replaced it with a 2004 Rubicon and I ain't lookin back!

Glenn 3/9/15 07:17 PM

Originally Posted by GrnT (Post 6906092)
I fight this kind of thinking every day. My wife doesn't make it easy on me either.
Buy a car that's so cushy you could fall asleep at the wheel. :heh: I was looking at a Toyota SUV my neighbor just purchased. My wife has the Flex and that's good enough IMO.

Pics of the wife?? Ya know so we can better understand her point of view :)