Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hesitation issues with 2009 GT

Search this Thread

Old 5/19/17, 02:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Hesitation issues with 2009 GT

Hello Everyone!

I have searched high and low for a discussion on my issue.

There are a few similar, but not quite the same, so I'm posting my question and I'm appealing to the wealth of knowledge from you users to help me find a solution.

First of all, my car is a 2009 GT (45th anniversary edition, not that it makes any difference). The only mods I've done are the Eibach Pro-Street Coil Over Kit, 4.10 gears and Racing Tune 91 from Bama .

The problem is that the car chokes and buckles like a wild pony (pun totally intended). I've noticed this happens when the car is cold (I'm in Southern California, so by "cold" I mean when I first start the car in the morning) and up until recently I though it happened only in first gear (right around the 2000 rpm mark), however I have also noticed it in 2nd and 3rd gear.

I have done my share of reading and the first thing I did was to return the car to stock only to find out the problem persists. I also requested a new tune from Bama and it made no difference.

I have also cleaned the MAF sensor, turned the TCS off and the problem persists.

I also ran a code reader and the car is not returning any codes.

I suppose the next steps are to clean the Throttle Body and I'm also considering replacing the air filter (I'm running stock, but open to upgrading to an aftermarket CAI).

So, does anybody have any input on this issue? Any other things I should be looking to?

Thank you all for your feedback!
Old 5/19/17, 02:42 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
Originally Posted by Black2009GT
Hello Everyone!

I suppose the next steps are to clean the Throttle Body and I'm also considering replacing the air filter.

So, does anybody have any input on this issue? Any other things I should be looking to?

Thank you all for your feedback!
Those were the two things I was going to suggest. Also, just for the fun of it go ahead a change out the fuel filter while you're at it if it hasn't been changed recently. All of those things are a 2-3 beer project on a nice day. Good luck.
The following users liked this post:
Black2009GT (5/19/17)