General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 4/14/05, 11:53 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi, I have a black 2005 mustang and the paint chips on my front bumber from rocks is sickening!!! I thought of getting the COLGAN bra, but not sure how it would look (black on black). I found this ad on EBAY, but I have never heard of this before: Clear Bra for 2005 Mustang

Any suggestions and or opinions? Thanks guys!!!
Old 4/14/05, 12:26 PM
Mach 1 Member

If anyone with a black mustang has a black bra, can you post pics?
Old 4/14/05, 01:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

I have a black Mustang also. and yes there are chips here and there. You may want to clean your car off really well and apply some touch up paint. I'm not the biggest fan of bras. I had one on my 87 and it can be more trouble than its worth IMO. Moisture gets trapped underneath and can cause worse damage than the road stones if not removed every so often and cleaned thoroughly. Chips are bound to happen not only on the front but the sides and back too. It stinks!
But if you watch who your behind you can also avoid more damage. I try to stay away from tractor trailers and dump trucks. You can't avoid everything but you can help!
Old 4/14/05, 02:18 PM
Mach 1 Member

thanks Andy, I appreciate your response. It all makes sense about the bra. I did have a guy do some touch ups on the front, but of course I have gotten a few more since then.

I will check into a dealer that does the clear bras, just to have some protetion. I wish I knew someone that has had it to know what their experience was like.

I live in South MS so, most of our roads aren't paved --- its a pain no matter who you are behind!! :angry:

Thanks again
Old 4/14/05, 02:33 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally posted by southern_stang_girlee@April 14, 2005, 4:21 PM
thanks Andy, I appreciate your response. It all makes sense about the bra. I did have a guy do some touch ups on the front, but of course I have gotten a few more since then.

I will check into a dealer that does the clear bras, just to have some protetion. I wish I knew someone that has had it to know what their experience was like.

I live in South MS so, most of our roads aren't paved --- its a pain no matter who you are behind!! :angry:

Thanks again

No problem. I'm glad I could help. I would hate to see you put a bra on your Stang and ruin the paint. Shop around and get the right price for you. Good luck