General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

HELP! 2015 mustang wont turn on or start!

Search this Thread

Old 4/18/21, 11:06 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
HELP! 2015 mustang wont turn on or start!

So I upgraded the 4 inch radio to 8 inch touchscreen, bezel, with wiring harness to go from Sync 1 to Sync 2. The radio will come on when I press power on it and everything seems to work.
But my push to start wont light up or turn accessory on even. So my car is all of a sudden at a stand still. I tried the old bezel even with the harness and still nothing on the button. Any idea what to do or what i may need to fix this issue?
Thanks
Old 4/18/21, 11:37 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 670 Likes on 542 Posts
My first thought is you've disconnected something and then didn't connect it back correctly. Done that myself, it happens. I'm sure you've double checked it. Also, pins get bent, or the sockets get pushed out of the connectors. So maybe check that.

Second thought is similar, but something went wrong when (dis)connecting and you popped a fuse or some fuses.

Overall, though, you probably need a shop manual to figure this out now. And/or a multimeter. And/or a test light. And/or a power probe. And/or an array of fuses when you 'oops' the wires. The diagnostics in the shop manual will lead you right to the problem(s) that are causing this.

I don't suppose the car is saying 'key not detected'...? But if it is, this video will help maybe:

Hope that helps, and welcome to the forums!