General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

The Gear Head Grand Daughter I never had

Search this Thread

Old 10/29/22, 10:01 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 390 Likes on 287 Posts
The Gear Head Grand Daughter I never had

When our friends brought this young lady into the world I've tried my best to spoil her rotten. I think I've done a hell of a job if I do say so myself. At the age of 8 I started her out by helping me when I was messing with my old cars. At 14 she now knows how to change the oil, and keep all of the important fluids checked. She has already told me she wants me to teach her how to drive, and when she heard about the '07 she now wants to learn how to drive a manual. She's says she wants to know everything there is about her car when she starts to drive at 16, and y'all know I'll make sure she does. Neither of her parents are mechanically inclined, and know zip about maintaining a car other than taking it to the garage for service. I'm going to make sure this little girl doesn't grow up like that. I'm telling you boys it just doesn't get any better.

Last edited by wanted33; 10/29/22 at 10:02 AM.
The following 4 users liked this post by wanted33:
05stangkc (10/29/22), NC14GT (10/30/22), shaneyusa (11/4/22), Siber Express (10/30/22)
Old 10/29/22, 11:18 AM
The Analog Admin!

Received 3,190 Likes on 2,337 Posts
I'm Envious!

Been a Few Years Since I worked on Anything with My Youngest Daughter. No Grand Kids and Nephews are are Out of Town! Get her Some Basic Tools for Christmas or Birthday with Zip Ties & Gorilla Tape Included So She Can Fix Anything!

KC

My Daughter Sarah's First Car. 67 Fairlane 390 Auto with Air. She Learned in a Car with Little Regard for Mistakes as the Drum Brakes were not Very Good! And How I tried to Make them as Good as I could!

After This She Drove The Late Grandpa's V-10 Ram Pick up! She Bought Herself a New Ford Escape a Couple of Years ago. Driving the Heavy Iron Makes Driving the New Stuff Pretty Tame.

Oh and She has Had a Harley 1200 for about 7 Years. She is only like 5ft 7 Did not see the Harley Coming! Just Showed up with it! Her Late Brother Andrew would be Proud!

She Turned 30 This Year!

Pic of Sarah & Harley, My Gt-500 & Ram V10

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/29/22 at 11:39 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
NC14GT (10/30/22), wanted33 (10/29/22)
Old 10/29/22, 12:54 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by 05stangkc
I'm Envious!

Been a Few Years Since I worked on Anything with My Youngest Daughter. No Grand Kids and Nephews are are Out of Town! Get her Some Basic Tools for Christmas or Birthday with Zip Ties & Gorilla Tape Included So She Can Fix Anything!

KC

My Daughter Sarah's First Car. 67 Fairlane 390 Auto with Air. She Learned in a Car with Little Regard for Mistakes as the Drum Brakes were not Very Good! And How I tried to Make them as Good as I could!

After This She Drove The Late Grandpa's V-10 Ram Pick up! She Bought Herself a New Ford Escape a Couple of Years ago. Driving the Heavy Iron Makes Driving the New Stuff Pretty Tame.

Oh and She has Had a Harley 1200 for about 7 Years. She is only like 5ft 7 Did not see the Harley Coming! Just Showed up with it! Her Late Brother Andrew would be Proud!

She Turned 30 This Year!

Pic of Sarah & Harley, My Gt-500 & Ram V10

We didn't have any kids because of several reasons. So, I spoiled my God Kids best I could. They are grown, and out on their own now. This one was a surprise, because our friends said they would "never" have children. When this one popped up they named her "Reven". Never spelled backwards.

BTW, I would think a 4 door 390 Fairlane would have to be low production car. I never seen a 4 door that didn't have the 289.

Last edited by wanted33; 10/29/22 at 12:56 PM.
The following users liked this post:
05stangkc (10/29/22)
Old 10/29/22, 02:10 PM
The Analog Admin!

Originally Posted by wanted33
We didn't have any kids because of several reasons. So, I spoiled my God Kids best I could. They are grown, and out on their own now. This one was a surprise, because our friends said they would "never" have children. When this one popped up they named her "Reven". Never spelled backwards.

BTW, I would think a 4 door 390 Fairlane would have to be low production car. I never seen a 4 door that didn't have the 289.
Ya' that Fairlane is a Torque Monster! The Heater Core Went Bad way Back & I took it apart & with my Health Issues being at an All time Low at the Time it Still Sits Waiting Repair!

So Reven Looks Pretty attached to that Mustang! Better Watch out! Has She Said What Her Dream First Car is Yet??

KC
wanted33 (10/30/22)
Old 10/30/22, 06:01 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,079 Likes on 675 Posts
Very cool!!! I can see her asking a guy to her prom one day and picking him up in a Mustang. Reverse world today and I'm OK with that.
wanted33 (10/30/22)
Old 10/30/22, 06:49 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 562 Likes on 364 Posts
Reven sounds like a keeper, time to adopt the neighbor kid Jim.
Years ago the kids up the street asked for some help on putting their car together, a pair of non fraternal twins (boy and girl). I learned a lot about Honda's that I never knew and the little girl turned out to be one heck of a body person. Painted their Honda in a tent in the driveway since my basement is also my garage.
I could always tell when they were over, they would put my tools where the belonged instead of on the workbench
The following 3 users liked this post by Siber Express:
NC14GT (10/30/22), shaneyusa (11/4/22), wanted33 (10/30/22)
Old 10/30/22, 02:56 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Ya' that Fairlane is a Torque Monster! The Heater Core Went Bad way Back & I took it apart & with my Health Issues being at an All time Low at the Time it Still Sits Waiting Repair!

So Reven Looks Pretty attached to that Mustang! Better Watch out! Has She Said What Her Dream First Car is Yet??

KC
She told me several months ago she wanted an Explorer Sport Trac. Sadly I had to tell her that we would be hard pressed to find one that I would put her in as they are old, and finding a good one is next to impossible. After a ride in the Mustang yesterday she did say she is now thinking about something with a manual transmission. What a gal..........

Last edited by wanted33; 11/14/22 at 05:27 AM.
Old 10/30/22, 03:00 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by NC14GT
Very cool!!! I can see her asking a guy to her prom one day and picking him up in a Mustang. Reverse world today and I'm OK with that.

Yeah, I'm thinking she knows very well that all she has to do is say "Uncle Jim, I want......." That's my fault, but that's no problem with me. She told her Mom last year that Uncle Jim can fix anything. I'm going to hate the day when I tell her, "I can't fix that sweetie".
NC14GT (10/30/22)
Old 10/30/22, 03:11 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by Siber Express
Reven sounds like a keeper, time to adopt the neighbor kid Jim.
Years ago the kids up the street asked for some help on putting their car together, a pair of non fraternal twins (boy and girl). I learned a lot about Honda's that I never knew and the little girl turned out to be one heck of a body person. Painted their Honda in a tent in the driveway since my basement is also my garage.
I could always tell when they were over, they would put my tools where the belonged instead of on the workbench
She's a good one with a mind like a sponge. I'm sure she will be able to anything she sets her mind too. However, she's a real girly girl and I'm hoping that I can still get her under a car when she gets older.

BTW, putting tools where they belong goes against the rules as far as I can tell. If I put mine where they belong I would never find them again.......LOL

Last edited by wanted33; 10/30/22 at 03:18 PM.
Siber Express (10/30/22)
Old 10/30/22, 07:05 PM
The Analog Admin!

She told me several months ago she wanted an Explorer Sport Trac. Sadly I had to tell her that we would be hard pressed to find one that I would put her as they are old, and finding a good one is next to impossible. After a ride in the Mustang yesterday she did say she is now thinking about something with a manual transmission. What a gal..........
How Funny, The Wife Asked me To look at a Ford on her Phone Today Cause She Did Not Know What it Was! Ya an Explorer Sport Trac. Actually There are a Lot More Around Than I would Have Thought. My New Next Door Neighbors Kid Has One Too!

I did a Under 75K Mileage Search! Most Closer to Your Neck of The Woods Than Mine! At Least the Low Miles Ones! 75K Is the Sweet Spot in My Mind!

All the Stick Cars Had Mega Miles!

Check Out the Low Miles on this One!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&numRecords=25

If I got One It would Be One of These!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...deList=FORD&mo

Too Bad She is Not Closer to Driving Age. Look at this Low Miles Project! Girly Color Too!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

KC

Love the Look of This One!

Well She Has Good Taste in Cars!

Last edited by 05stangkc; 10/30/22 at 08:14 PM.
wanted33 (10/31/22)
Old 10/30/22, 07:10 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Awesome stories guys! I taught my oldest how to drive a manual with my Boss. She's got a story for the ages now just like my wife learning a manual on a 440 superbird.
The following 2 users liked this post by Mustang Freak:
NC14GT (10/31/22), wanted33 (10/31/22)
Old 10/31/22, 05:58 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

How Funny, The Wife Asked me To look at a Ford on her Phone Today Cause She Did Not Know What it Was! Ya an Explorer Sport Trac. Actually There are a Lot More Around Than I would Have Thought. My New Next Door Neighbors Kid Has One Too!

I did a Under 75K Mileage Search! Most Closer to Your Neck of The Woods Than Mine! At Least the Low Miles Ones! 75K Is the Sweet Spot in My Mind!

All the Stick Cars Had Mega Miles!

Check Out the Low Miles on this One!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...&numRecords=25

If I got One It would Be One of These!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...deList=FORD&mo

Too Bad She is Not Closer to Driving Age. Look at this Low Miles Project! Girly Color Too!

https://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-...ckType=listing

KC

Love the Look of This One!

Well She Has Good Taste in Cars!
Wow, I guess there are some nice ones still out there. I've already told her parents I wanted to buy the first car for her ( yeah, I'm hooked). Of course that way she will be able to get something she will wants to drive. God only knows what her parents would stick her with. Of course I'm going to try to get her something sensible, because she's gonna have to pay the insurance and upkeep. She doesn't know this yet. I just told her I would match whatever amount she saves for her first car. so she's gonna get a great 16th birthday present.
NC14GT (10/31/22)
Old 10/31/22, 12:52 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,787 Posts
To all who have children/grandchildren, I truly envy you... Therefore consider yourselves fortunate that your children/grandchildren live close enough to you that your able to mentor and hang out with on a regular basis... Unfortunately, I'm unable to do that as my nieces and nephews all live in California, Arizona and Nevada

Jim! I especially envy you as well...

Last edited by m05fastbackGT; 10/31/22 at 01:23 PM.
The following 2 users liked this post by m05fastbackGT:
Siber Express (10/31/22), wanted33 (10/31/22)
Old 10/31/22, 01:29 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Originally Posted by m05fastbackGT
To all who have children/grandchildren, I truly envy you... Therefore consider yourselves fortunate that your children/grandchildren live close enough to you that your able to mentor and hang out with on a regular basis... Unfortunately, I'm unable to do that as my nieces and nephews all live in California, Arizona and Nevada

Jim! I especially envy you as well...
Thanks Rocky, I have to thank her parents for letting me be a surrogate Grand Parent to this little girl. One of hers has passed, and the other isn't in good health, so I was blessed to have her in my life. On a bad day a big hug from her makes everything better.

Last edited by wanted33; 11/14/22 at 05:30 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by wanted33:
m05fastbackGT (11/1/22), Siber Express (10/31/22)
Old 10/31/22, 02:09 PM
The Analog Admin!

Yeah, I'm thinking she knows very well that all she has to do is say "Uncle Jim, I want......." That's my fault, but that's no problem with me. She told her Mom last year that Uncle Jim can fix anything. I'm going to hate the day when I tell her, "I can't fix that sweetie".
I remember My Boss at Clevenger Ford Always Liked to Say When Something Went South, Son we Can Fix Anything Except a Broken Heart! How True!

I trained my Girls How to a Change a Flat By Themselves with Drills in the Driveway! That's a Must! If you Have Not Done That Yet! Of Course if Dad was Available I made Some Road Calls. So Did My Late Son for The Girls!

KC
The following 2 users liked this post by 05stangkc:
Siber Express (10/31/22), wanted33 (11/1/22)
Old 11/1/22, 08:52 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

We spoke with the girl Moms last night. Looks like she may be helping me install the FR500's on the old car. I hope so as y'all can imagine how much I would love to have her there.
m05fastbackGT (11/1/22)
Old 11/1/22, 08:56 AM
Shelby GT350 Member

I remember My Boss at Clevenger Ford Always Liked to Say When Something Went South, Son we Can Fix Anything Except a Broken Heart! How True!

I trained my Girls How to a Change a Flat By Themselves with Drills in the Driveway! That's a Must! If you Have Not Done That Yet! Of Course if Dad was Available I made Some Road Calls. So Did My Late Son for The Girls!

KC
So far Kevin I've been sucessful on any repairs she has needed. Many times I've had to use my "Redneck Engineering" degree, but it was fixed. Heck, I'd probably just buy new what I couldn't fix so I don't break her heart. It's amazing what an old man will do for a little girl that has him wrapped around her little finger.
Old 11/1/22, 02:54 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,787 Posts
Thanks Rocky, I have to thank her parents for letting be a surrogate Grand Parent to this little girl. One of hers has passed, and the other isn't in good health, so I was blessed to have her in my life. On a bad day a big hug from her makes everything better.
Once again, I envy you Jim, as good friends such as you have are very hard to come by these days, especially when it comes to next door neighbors
wanted33 (11/2/22)