General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

FORD'S WARRANTY

Search this Thread

Old 1/7/14, 05:24 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by typesredline
Wow! All caps much?

FYI, just because the tranny is ASSEMBLED in China doesn't make it a "Chinese Piece of Garbage". Apple products are MADE in China too. They are some of the best quality electronics products today.

The tranny is DESIGNED by FORD an American company and Getrag, a GERMAN company.

If you are looking for help, we are all here to do that. Can we avoid the blanket statements and caps next time?
MY OPINION,AND MANY OTHERS,IS IT IS A PIECE OF GARBAGE.LIKE THE CHINESE DOG FOOD THAT KILLED 60,000 US PETS.PLEASE READ SOMETHING BESIDE HOT ROD MAGAZINE.YES, IM AWARE GETRAG IS GERMAN ,AND BMW'S SUCK .ARE THEY GERMAN (BAVARIAN)??
Old 1/7/14, 05:28 PM

Got a feeling we have a 4 post troll on our hands.

Hard to take the post seriously anyway. All the caps and attorney stuff....
SORRY MY TYPING OFFENDS YOU.WHEN SOMEONE BREACHES A CONTRACT ,DO YOU USE AN ATTORNEY OR DO YOU FIST FIGHT THEM?GROW UP!
Old 1/7/14, 05:30 PM

Originally Posted by Supra
OP needs to learn how to drive
I WAS RACING WHEN YOU WERE IN DIAPERS PICKING YOUR NOSE SUPRA BOY.
Old 1/7/14, 05:43 PM
Post *****

Received 72 Likes on 65 Posts
Take it easy . . . there are better ways to communicate ones point without the needs for all Caps. And no need for name calling.
Old 1/7/14, 06:09 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The PM I got from him shows that apparently he "can" type without caps lock on.

goosfraba, bro.
Old 1/7/14, 06:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by johnbirch
SORRY MY TYPING OFFENDS YOU.WHEN SOMEONE BREACHES A CONTRACT ,DO YOU USE AN ATTORNEY OR DO YOU FIST FIGHT THEM?GROW UP!
This is why you get an automatic and problem solved.
Old 1/7/14, 06:32 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

DONT BUY A MANUAL TRANSMISSION MUSTANG, THEY ARE A CHINESE PIECE OF GARBAGE.WHEN YOU TAKE IT TO THE DEALER ,THEY'LL SAY ALL THE CRUNCHING OF GEARS IS NORMAL.DID I MENTION GRINDING TOO? ON A CAR WITH1700 MILES THAT WAS BABIED, CAPITALB. GUESS I HAVE TO GET AN ATTORNEY , WHAT A BUNCH OF CROOKS.
I'm guessing your not a fan of the manual transmission.
Old 1/7/14, 07:07 PM

not the mt82,I've owned several manuals,I have an Acura 5 speed with 230k,and it shifts better than my 2013 mustang crunch-o-matic
Old 1/7/14, 07:26 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

not the mt82,I've owned several manuals,I have an Acura 5 speed with 230k,and it shifts better than my 2013 mustang crunch-o-matic
I'm sooooo glad I have an automatic and it shifts flawlessly.
Old 1/7/14, 08:32 PM
Cobra Member

Received 21 Likes on 15 Posts
MY OPINION,AND MANY OTHERS,IS IT IS A PIECE OF GARBAGE.LIKE THE CHINESE DOG FOOD THAT KILLED 60,000 US PETS.PLEASE READ SOMETHING BESIDE HOT ROD MAGAZINE.YES, IM AWARE GETRAG IS GERMAN ,AND BMW'S SUCK .ARE THEY GERMAN (BAVARIAN)??
I WAS RACING WHEN YOU WERE IN DIAPERS PICKING YOUR NOSE SUPRA BOY.
Jeez dude. Relax. I've never touched an issue of hot rod mag. That being said you clearly are deep in Americas ___. Nothing wrong with being patriotic. But you're being naive.

BMW's hardly suck btw. And no one is offended here but maybe you. When you post one giant all caps sentence that is incoherent at best, with 4 posts and then don't reply for days, that is a recipe for a troll.

I also don't remember ford signing a contract to have a flawless transmission that is exact to your standards. As you say to "many others" it's a piece. To thousands more, it's fine. Is it as smooth as a Honda tranny? Probably not. But is it bad? Not really. Some trannys are notchy. It is what it is. If your particular dealer (ford) doesn't want to warranty the tranny for whatever reason it's tough luck. It's their determination to deem it broken or normal. Then from there to call it manufacture defect or your fault. ***** in their court and there is nothing a lawyer can do to help you...do maybe you SHOULD go beat up the sales manager or something.
Old 1/7/14, 09:06 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Should of bought an automatic. Problem solved. Lmao
Old 1/7/14, 10:02 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I also don't remember ford signing a contract to have a flawless transmission that is exact to your standards. As you say to "many others" it's a piece. To thousands more, it's fine. Is it as smooth as a Honda tranny? Probably not. But is it bad? Not really. Some trannys are notchy. It is what it is. If your particular dealer (ford) doesn't want to warranty the tranny for whatever reason it's tough luck. It's their determination to deem it broken or normal. Then from there to call it manufacture defect or your fault. ***** in their court and there is nothing a lawyer can do to help you...do maybe you SHOULD go beat up the sales manager or something.
The last time Ford took this attitude with me, I purchased or leased a couple hundred thousand dollars worth of vehicles from competitors over the past decade. My preference is to always buy Ford products. I have purchased or leased 11 new Ford vehicles plus a couple used ones at Ford dealers. This relationship only works if both parties honor their commitments. I make the payments and Ford honors it's warranty. If your attitude were to prevail, I could continue to buy competitors vehicles. I prefer not to but it doesn't hurt me. It doesn't help Ford, either.

I feel the frustration of the OP. My transmission has the same problem as the OP's. Is it bad? Yes. It is bad. I expect mine to be fixed under warranty once my Boss comes out of the garage in the spring. I hope the OP finds satisfaction as well.
Old 1/8/14, 04:11 PM

well,flawlessly and terrible are 2 different things.you could say a rod knock is normal as long as the rod stays in the block .a warranty is a contract of sorts, but "they"get to decide what is acceptable?there should be some sort of test,like, would someone buy this vehiclee after a cold drive. i doubt it. thanks for the input.john
Old 1/8/14, 04:12 PM

i had autos for the last 20 years,couldn't take another one.sorry.
Old 1/10/14, 10:09 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I've had an 05 manual and now have an 07 manual & have not had a lick of trouble , other than it's soo much fun to drive
Old 1/11/14, 07:56 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 1,079 Likes on 675 Posts
Originally Posted by GottaHaveIt
I've had an 05 manual and now have an 07 manual & have not had a lick of trouble , other than it's soo much fun to drive
They weren't made in China either. I'm not sure what year they started making them there. From what I gathered here, whether factual or not, our 5 speeds were assembled in Mexico with American parts made in Tennessee. Anyone feel free to clarify.

Last edited by NC14GT; 1/11/14 at 07:58 AM.
Old 1/12/14, 10:50 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
But then theres the paint on the hood that FORD cannot get right , I've had mine redone oncebut its back ? I think that they never ground the hood or preped it rufgt . Do you ever see a Gruman aluminum truck blister paint or an airplane ? NO so Ford failed here big time I see so many 07's with the same issue .
Old 1/14/14, 04:19 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I guess im lucky at least so far. I bought a 2013 manual only been driving it for about 3 weeks. (It only has 245 miles on it) It came from the dealership with all the mods in my sig. It shifts like a hot knife through butter. There isn't even any sort of mechanical feel when shifting. I'm loving it so far.
Old 1/14/14, 05:34 PM
Bullitt Member

What temperature is it where you live?
Old 1/14/14, 09:18 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'm in Socal so its prob 45 in morning 75 day

Quick Reply: FORD'S WARRANTY