The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Ford Mustang Hybrid Coming in 2020 (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/ford-mustang-hybrid-coming-2020-a-543135/)

SpectreH 1/3/17 12:30 PM

2020 Mustang (Mustus? Pristang?)

http://www.foxnews.com/auto/2017/01/...g-in-2020.html

So, who wants a Pristang?

Evil_Capri 1/3/17 02:05 PM

I may . . . could be a great performer by 2020.

DerekShiekhi 1/3/17 05:46 PM

Ford Mustang Hybrid Coming in 2020

Ford Mustang Hybrid Coming in 2020

https://themustangsource.com/wp-cont...MST_200036.jpg

We would say that the days of Ford making a hybrid Mustang have finally come, but we can't. Yet. We can do that in 2020, though.

Read the rest on the TheMustangSource.com homepage. >>

houtex 1/3/17 09:30 PM

Called it!

:D

houtex 1/3/17 09:35 PM

Like I said in the other thread...

Called it!

Praise me. :jester:

Edit: whoa... deja vu... aka merged threads... :p

GrnT 1/3/17 09:59 PM

Hyper cars are using this technology. Who knows what this could be like. Added with an AWD option and drifting package like the Focus RS. Think big be big. :dunno:

Jazzman442 1/3/17 11:08 PM

Who new the Flux capacitor is real. They said it was just a movie...

David Young 1/4/17 03:20 AM

I was thinking the Mustang had lost its 'roots' when the 2015's came out. In 2020 it is looking like the Mustang will be losing its 'soul'. :(

15BluStang 1/4/17 07:07 AM

If they do it right (not the Prius way) that would mean the Mustang is joining the LaFerrari, 918 Spyder, and P1. Not bad company to keep.

1 Alibi 2 1/4/17 08:04 AM

I don't know about the rest of the site members, but I didn't buy what I bought, for how many mpg's they get !!
I hope Ford sells a boat load of them, ( stock holder ), but I don't see me in an electric anything during my lifetime !!
How do you mod an electric motor, bigger brushes, more windings ??

Joeywhat 1/4/17 09:50 AM

Ya'll know hybrids offer significant performance increases over gas only setups, right?

You're making it sound like the best option will be a 150 horsepower engine that gets 100 mpg. It'll likely be the opposite,with gobs of power and performance and only a moderate bump in fuel economy.

SplitSecond 1/4/17 10:30 AM

Originally Posted by Joeywhat (Post 7004049)
Ya'll know hybrids offer significant performance increases over gas only setups, right?

You're making it sound like the best option will be a 150 horsepower engine that gets 100 mpg. It'll likely be the opposite,with gobs of power and performance and only a moderate bump in fuel economy.

Exactly this. The days of gasoline powered engines are numbered. Ferrari, Porsche, McLaren, Tesla, ect have all proven the potential of electric power. Really the only thing stopping EVs from being more prevalent today is the limitations with the batteries we have today.
Also do you guys not realize that if Ford doesn't continue to change things up to improve economy they would need to drop the Mustang line up all together? The entire model line needs to keep up with fuel economy standards set by CAFE. Fail to meet those and you can say goodbye. This is why the Ecoboost Mustangs and the V6s are important because the keep up the average fuel economy of the lineup. Without them there would not be a GT350 or a 5.0.

houtex 1/4/17 12:57 PM

Yep. The idea of the big internal combustion engine is going to go away. Us old farts may not like it, and as such, we will keep our current cars as long as possible to have that 'old school' feel of a rumblin' v8.

That said... I wouldn't mind a hybrid Mustang. Gobs of insta-torque, long range because refuel, drives like a regular Mustang.... except maybe handling, that extra weight is gonna be interesting.

All for it. The Hybrid technology seems fairly figured out. And we get to keep Mustangs bein' made. :nice:

Joeywhat 1/4/17 03:45 PM

Originally Posted by houtex (Post 7004060)
Yep. The idea of the big internal combustion engine is going to go away. Us old farts may not like it, and as such, we will keep our current cars as long as possible to have that 'old school' feel of a rumblin' v8.

That said... I wouldn't mind a hybrid Mustang. Gobs of insta-torque, long range because refuel, drives like a regular Mustang.... except maybe handling, that extra weight is gonna be interesting.

All for it. The Hybrid technology seems fairly figured out. And we get to keep Mustangs bein' made. :nice:

I'll bet a dollar a lot of folks said the same when computers starting taking over for carbs, and variable cams, and all that good stuff.

Motorsports isn't going anywhere, not sure why some people take this as a threat.

ElkGroveFordGuy 1/4/17 09:51 PM

Originally Posted by Joeywhat (Post 7004084)
I'll bet a dollar a lot of folks said the same when computers starting taking over for carbs, and variable cams, and all that good stuff.

Motorsports isn't going anywhere, not sure why some people take this as a threat.

Good point I remember hearing discussions like this back in 1986 when the mustang went EFI!
I have worked for Toyota/Lexus for years, hybrid technology can be Prius like but it can also be SuperCar as well!
I'm sure the mustang version will not be Prius like there is no reason for ford to go that route.
I expect lots of performance out of it!

2k7gtcs 1/4/17 10:23 PM

I think I'll keep my v8 mustangs and they can keep there battery operated toys

Just more **** to go wrong

Sarge 1/5/17 11:31 AM

What's next, a self-driving Stang? "Back in my day, we weren't afraid to drive our own ponies! Darned kids these days can't do anything for themselves. Get off my lawn!"

GrnT 1/5/17 11:01 PM

High mileage on a hyper car is said to be about 30000 miles. After that resale plumits. At least that's what I heard. There is more to go wrong but when they are new they are sick fast and sick cool.
I am fond of a dumb car with less to go wrong but if I were a Gasjisilionair <(made up word) :heh: it would be cool. It'll be interesting to see what these cars will cost.

lysingerjj 1/8/17 10:21 AM

I wish they would make a AWD version with the 3.5L. My mom got the new explorer and ****, that thing is surprisingly quick

wanted33 1/11/17 11:39 AM

In a nutshell I'm old, and really don't want an electric Stang. I understand I'm not in the demographic the company the company is shooting for, and they must change with the times. But in this one instance, I don't.