General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

dealer damages wheels

Search this Thread

Old 8/17/14, 03:32 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
dealer damages wheels

I tool my car to the dealer for oil change and rotation and the mechanic put a gouge with impact wrench in my Brembos, I took it off car and gave it to them to refinish. Last week I go back for another oil change and rotation and i specifically mention this incident to service writer who put a note on the paperwork…. go to pick up car and all 4 wheels have damage from impact wrench…. anyone one else with Brembo rims experience this?
Old 8/17/14, 06:21 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 773 Likes on 565 Posts
wow that a crappy deal. Post a picture or 3 of the damage
Old 8/17/14, 06:42 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I feel for ya. These dealers do not care at all./ They get paid book rate so they are constantly trying to beat the book for more money. I hate the dealers great for sales but most Suck for service. On my Dodge ACR a long while ago I made them replace the rims.

Good Luck
Old 8/17/14, 07:27 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Way2Slo
I tool my car to the dealer for oil change and rotation and the mechanic put a gouge with impact wrench in my Brembos, I took it off car and gave it to them to refinish. Last week I go back for another oil change and rotation and i specifically mention this incident to service writer who put a note on the paperwork…. go to pick up car and all 4 wheels have damage from impact wrench…. anyone one else with Brembo rims experience this?
Yes that happened to me also. The damage was from the tire machine though. By the time I saw it would be to late to prove it. Still there.
Old 8/18/14, 06:00 AM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 947 Likes on 575 Posts
Small claims court if the dealer doesn't remedy your situation. They usually pay up when served the papers, and before the court date. It's worth the small fees to pay the court costs. It's a successful method if they give you the runaround.
I have no idea how some of you guys trust minimum wage workers to touch your expensive cars. The bottom rung guy is almost always the oil change guy. He probably over-inflated your tires too, and Lord knows what he used to 'top off' your fluids. Unless someone is physically unable to perform their own oil changes, or lives in an apt building, I don't understand handing your keys over to these 'I don't care' workers. No freakin' way!!
Old 8/18/14, 07:27 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
I had this issue also. My car had 400 miles on it and I replaced the factory 18" with the 19" Brembo wheels. The car had a low speed squeak and went in for repair at 450 miles. I had to argue with the service writer that the damage was caused by them. Coincidentally, the wheel that was damaged just happened to be where the squeak was found. The service writer told me that the tech working on my car never removed the wheel. When the replacement came in, the tire change guy acknowledged that the damage was done by an impact wrench and he's seen it many times from their own service department. My saving grace was the car had 450 miles on it. The service writer got the wheel replaced under warranty by submitting a photo to Ford saying it was a factory defect. We all know better, but they won't admit it.
Old 8/19/14, 07:46 PM

Damage pic
Attached Thumbnails dealer damages wheels-image.jpg  
Old 8/19/14, 07:48 PM

Another one
Attached Thumbnails dealer damages wheels-image.jpg  
Old 8/19/14, 07:50 PM

Ok so dealer called today. They want me to drop car off on Monday and they will take all the wheels off and send them to turbax to have all 4 refinished. They will give me a rental and told me it will take 4 days to get wheels back. I'll post results.
Old 8/19/14, 11:34 PM
Currently a Corvette Owner!

Received 48 Likes on 42 Posts
Good that you made them fix all. My dealer curb-rashed one of my rims during a service/repair, and I made them get it refinished. But, not without a fight.
Old 8/20/14, 07:48 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Good luck on the refinish. I hope they look correct. Don't these rims have a special paint finish on them?
Old 8/20/14, 01:53 PM
Gotta Have it Green Fanatic Official TMS Travel Guide

Received 947 Likes on 575 Posts
Ok so dealer called today. They want me to drop car off on Monday and they will take all the wheels off and send them to turbax to have all 4 refinished. They will give me a rental and told me it will take 4 days to get wheels back. I'll post results.
That is good news. Best of luck!
Old 8/20/14, 09:41 PM
Banned

This is why I do my own oil changes and tire rotations.
Old 8/20/14, 09:53 PM
Cobra Member

Received 26 Likes on 25 Posts
I'm glad I read this thread. I was contemplating getting the Ford maintenance. On the Mustang GT it is a bargain. Now I am not sure. There have been several members that have had there rims scratched up.
Old 8/20/14, 10:29 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Rant on:
My Stang is not seeing any dealer anymore. I am done with all the Ford dealerships. Everytime I brought my car in to do a warranty repair the ****ed something else up. They fixed that and damaged something new. Then they wanted to do me something good and offered me a free cluster swap. They had that freaking car for a week and were unable to get the PATS programmed. And I had to pay the cluster return fee. Stupid idiots. I do that in my garage in 30 minutes.
Same with my wife's Edge. Why is her fresh oil looking dirtier than my 3 mo. old oil in the mustang? Why did they **** up her window switch cover doing a warranty repair and did not fix it? That stupid thing is $40...
I am done with them. I do everything on my car myself. And if I have to buy a lift, I don't care.
Rant off
LEXiiON