General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Day 9 observations...

Search this Thread

Old 9/5/05, 09:54 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Took only 9 days. dangit! I went out of town for labor day and I drove the speedlimit 3 hours there and 3 hours back. Then my friend invites me to a bbq at his place. I'm feeling good, so me and the gf take the "scenic" route home and I get nailed for 70 in a 55 (he was a nice cop, if you catch my drift).

Still this is brutal. The Mustang is a working man's car...I can afford this!! Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but still, it's gunna hurt me.

When he came to the car, I eeked out "It's a brand new car, nine days old, I'm still having fun with it, I used to drive a Honda before this" in desperate hope that maybe he would understand and give me a warning...=( He said I should take it to the interstate if I wanted to open it up.

Maybe the three layers of Zaino that I put on this weekend caught his eye...=(

The crappy thing is that I was going to order a Valentine One this week! Arg!!

Sooo...does anyone know if those "traffic violation" lawyers really work? I get in the mail sometimes those letters from the cheeseball lawyers that say "Traffic violation?? We can get them dismissed!!" Anyone ever use them? Is it a sure thing? If it doesn't work, I don't want to pay a lawyer fee on top of defensive driving...
Old 9/6/05, 01:13 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by clockworks@September 5, 2005, 9:57 PM
Took only 9 days. dangit! I went out of town for labor day and I drove the speedlimit 3 hours there and 3 hours back. Then my friend invites me to a bbq at his place. I'm feeling good, so me and the gf take the "scenic" route home and I get nailed for 70 in a 55 (he was a nice cop, if you catch my drift).

Still this is brutal. The Mustang is a working man's car...I can afford this!! Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating a little bit, but still, it's gunna hurt me.

When he came to the car, I eeked out "It's a brand new car, nine days old, I'm still having fun with it, I used to drive a Honda before this" in desperate hope that maybe he would understand and give me a warning...=( He said I should take it to the interstate if I wanted to open it up.

Sooo...does anyone know if those "traffic violation" lawyers really work? I get in the mail sometimes those letters from the cheeseball lawyers that say "Traffic violation?? We can get them dismissed!!" Anyone ever use them? Is it a sure thing? If it doesn't work, I don't want to pay a lawyer fee on top of defensive driving...

Do a search under my name and read up on my thread.

Honestly..if this is your first ticket in a while, just pay it and do the traffic school. Its not worth getting lawyers involved for something you DID do. And you can't really get around that. All you will do with a lawyer is **** off the cop/judge, and that's the last thing you want; people knowing you for getting around the law.
Old 9/6/05, 09:48 AM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 24 Likes on 16 Posts
What he said is best.
I have a friend thats a lawyer, charges me 50 bucks. Not sure what he does, I think he talks to states prosecutor before the case is called or something. Saves me about 30-40 bucks and 4 hours of traffic school.
Old 9/6/05, 07:43 PM
I talk to cones.

Every Speeding ticket I have gotten I got a lawyer for and out of the 8 only 1 had any effect on my insurance.

Unless you can get a prayer for judgment (look it up) or the driving school thingy GET A LAWYER

The Money you pay up front will be paid back 10 times over in decreased insurance.

Talk to several different lawyers from the area, sometimes you can find one that knows the judge or something like that.

If you can't find one that knows somebody then basically ask the lawyers what they can do for you as getting you out of the ticket or at the very least reducing it to under 10 over the limit to keep it from increasing your insurance premiums (if that applies to you)(may want to find out from your insurance agency about that)

Bottom line is that a Lawyer is cheaper in the long run.
Old 9/6/05, 07:53 PM
GT Member

Chris, do the traffic school or hit Blockbuster for the video, takes about 6 hrs of your time and about $25.. keeps everything off your record and no chance for insurance.. i have done it and its the easiest way- i would not get an attorney unless there was something more to it.
Old 9/7/05, 06:30 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally posted by clockworks@September 5, 2005, 9:57 PM

"Go out to the interstate if you want to open it up"

Response: "Officer, if I had opened it up, you'd STILL be chasing me!!"

Old 9/9/05, 11:07 PM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi guys, I got some possible choices I heard about tickets:

I "heard" that if you postpone the ticket and go to court after a few times, usually after the 3rd or 4th time you postpone , the cop don't even remembers you, and if he don't present to court voila: dismissed.

I "heard" if they catch you with vascar(which is when they check your speed from an airplane and then a cop stops you, and you go to court, BOTH cops have to go at the same time, and usually if you are lucky, one of them don't go. and you get away with it.

also, I "heard" that if you go to court, and THE JUDGE tells you you need to go to traffic school, it does not count as the 6? times that you can do the school in life, and you can do the class as much as you want as long as the JUDGE tells you you have to assist, so no points, no losing chances of traffic school.

also I "heard" if you over pay the ticket, and never cash the check back, for some reason, they put you no points on the license.

I personally have bad luck with cops, they get me always for stupid things like speed traps that are made only to make money and usually driving stupid cars like a hyunai accent( 55 on a 45 on a speed trap right before I got my mustang) the last time, or an '84 chevy van c20(45 on a 35 that had no speed limit sign around), or crap like that hehe.

so what I did, and I know it helps, is get a V1 I love it, I just got it because I like to know I am being watched, and I dislike very much speed traps, because they are just that , traps.
also, having cars like these ones, makes us favorites of the law. unfortunatelly... because if I speed to 120mph, I do it on my hyundai..hahaha.

But bottom line, try not to speed unless you know the only one you can hurt is yourself.

If any of you guys, have more info about this things I "heard" around, and know they are true or not, please let us all know, because I only heard them. :scratch: