General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Camaro best for the mustang?

Search this Thread

Old 1/23/13, 07:17 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
I worked for GM and retired from their spin-off, Delphi; I can get their special employee pricing on anything they make, if I choose. I'm not rich, but a Corvette (been there, done that) or a Shelby or a tricked-out Challenger is not beyond my means... I like my Mustang.
Are you up in Kokomo? I've been wondering where Boob City is!
Old 1/23/13, 05:33 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have nothing against Chevy's. They are good for our economy. After they keep the junkyards and used car dealerships in business.
Old 1/24/13, 06:35 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I like the look of the new Camaro, I don't like that GM didn't start from the ground up on the new Camaro, Its just another GM parts bin car.
The restart of the pony wars is great, So yes the Camaro is good for the Mustang and the other way around.
Old 1/24/13, 09:04 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan
Shelby isn't a GM car though. no specail pricing on that.
What?! Shelby isn't made by GM? Well GM still makes the Challenger, don't they?

The point I was trying to make, Muffin Kid, was that I could have purchased one of the three I mentioned, or something comparable, but I did my homework, read a lot of TMS rhreads, and compared the various models and their available options, and made my choice accordingly. The main restriction I encountered was FoMoCo's reluctance to cater to their customers' wishes where options are concerned. I would have ordered quite a few had it not required my tacking on features I had no interest in having. So, the aftermarket will pocket that allotment and my car will wind up being unique, because I will make selections others might not consider, plus I am able to fabricate a few things no one else will have. I like my V6 Mustang... hell, I like all Mustangs, yours included, and I bought it because it suits me-- my requirements, and my driving style; I didn't buy it to save money on gas or insurance, or because I couldn't afford anything "better". It's a nice car.