The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   Buying 2011 GT CS (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/buying-2011-gt-cs-518546/)

jake80 2/11/13 02:02 PM

Buying 2011 GT CS

I have a chance to buy a 2011 GT CS with 26Kmiles, clean car fax, automatic and just standard options. One owner car with Steeda CAI, SCT Tune and Magnaflow cat backs as well as custom car cover.

He has after market wheels (2010 Shelby look like) wheels staggered 19" with Pirelli tires in great shape. He sold the orignal wheels/tires

Car is very clean (9out10). Still has 1 year left on warranty.

Asking price is $24,400.

Is this a good deal or just okay!.

Any input would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jake80

2011GB/CS 2/11/13 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by jake80 (Post 6551723)
I have a chance to buy a 2011 GT CS with 26Kmiles, clean car fax, automatic and just standard options. One owner car with Steeda CAI, SCT Tune and Magnaflow cat backs as well as custom car cover.

He has after market wheels (2010 Shelby look like) wheels staggered 19" with Pirelli tires in great shape. He sold the orignal wheels/tires

Car is very clean (9out10). Still has 1 year left on warranty.

Asking price is $24,400.

Is this a good deal or just okay!.

Any input would be appreciated.

Regards,
Jake80

I'd try and get him down another at least grand or so. That car probably stickered at around 36k new.

Mine was around 37 and had several options when i ordered it.

What color?

steven46746 2/11/13 03:17 PM

Kbb is around 26k in excellent condition so pretty close.

jake80 2/11/13 03:20 PM

Color is Red. Note sure if he will come down any more. Does not hurt to try.

NC14GT 2/12/13 08:43 AM

Any car that has been modified is a tougher sale for the dealership. You can do better IMO. The market for modified cars is much more limited, mainly these cars are sold to younger males who have the least amount of $$$. Many (not all) older guys, and especially females, prefer unmolested rides. I also would worry about mods because you don't know who did them and if they were done right.
I also have a question about the staggered wheel set-up. Did the '11 GT/CS come that way?? If not, expect vibrations and perhaps other issues if the car was not designed for that. Think about it. Porsches, BMWs, etc.. with staggered wheel set-ups are built that way from the factory with many suspension components to compensate for the difference. Camber comes into play as well. Make sure there are no issues with this car. Good luck!

jake80 2/13/13 03:00 PM

Thanks for input

Pulled the trigger and ended up with price of $23,300.

I may be looking for stock 19"CS wheels in future. Otherwise car is real nice. Eventhough I am an old guy I would have put CAI and tune plus exhaust so that is a savings. I checked with the company that sold him the tune and it was specific to Steeda CAI and Magnaflow Cat Backs so it should be in line with some type of reliability.

I know one thing the sound from the pipes sure takes me back to good old days of cruising Woodward Ave (Dream Cruise) in Detroit.

Regards to all,

Jake Ft Lauderdale

BRADGTCS 2/13/13 07:09 PM

I say go for it but try to get a good price. the mods on that car are not going to be detrimental but enhance the car. I have a 2012 GTCS with the same mods just different brands and she rocks. hopping to see you pics soon.

jake80 2/14/13 03:56 AM

Thanks for the input

FYI. Regarding prices. I made contact with a broker and goes to auctions {charges $500 to get you a car}. When I checked with him last week he gave me some recent prices for a 2011 GT Premimum. They ranged from $24K with 19K miles to the low of $21K with 36K miles. So average was somewhere around $22-$23K. He did not drill down to the options on the cars.

Hope this is helpful to anyone looking at a car and price point.

Regards,
Jake80

NC14GT 2/16/13 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by jake80 (Post 6553680)
Pulled the trigger and ended up with price of $23,300.

I may be looking for stock 19"CS wheels in future. Otherwise car is real nice. Eventhough I am an old guy I would have put CAI and tune plus exhaust so that is a savings. I checked with the company that sold him the tune and it was specific to Steeda CAI and Magnaflow Cat Backs so it should be in line with some type of reliability.

I know one thing the sound from the pipes sure takes me back to good old days of cruising Woodward Ave (Dream Cruise) in Detroit.

Regards to all,

Jake Ft Lauderdale

Congratulations!! Enjoy the ride. The next thing we need is a :photo: