General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

Beware....GT Emblem is a wanted item

Search this Thread

Old 8/22/05, 12:24 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Quote from Pulp Fiction edited for any filters:

"What's more chickens**t than f***ing with a man's automobile? I mean, don't f*** with another man's vehicle. "

Words to live by
Old 8/22/05, 04:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by adrenalin@August 22, 2005, 12:00 PM
So what I learned was if someone is taken something off of your car while your car is on your property, make sure you don't touch him until he is off of your property.
I believe in Texas, you beat the tar out of him and then drag him back to your property.
Old 8/22/05, 05:09 PM
GTR Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
When I get my stang there is no way I'm ever parking in an apt.complex.
I would have my girlfriend pick me up. ADRENALIN-great story.It would have been real hard for me not to do serious harm to that dirtbag.
Old 8/22/05, 06:30 PM
Mach 1 Member

Thanks for all the support guys. Great comments all around. The scratching is all the way down to the plastic in some places. I am going to try to just get some touch up paint and paint the parts that won't be covered by the replacement emblem. I don't think I want to involve the insurance company in this since the part is only $29. If I decided to get the paint done, then yeah I would definitely get more involved. I just don't know man. I just raised the deductible a month ago to $500. I hate to say this, but I don't think I want to pay the $500 for the painting...After paint is definitely not going to be as nice as stock paint. I just need to find a good touch up painter...and get that done.

I was hoping the emblem would have just covered the scratch, but it was not covered by the T.

I definitely hope for the persons sake I don't see them sporting a new GT emblem around their neck, because I will ripp it off their neck before the even know what hits them. Its probably sitting in their basement along with their peeing on ford stickers and their budweiser signs. Cowards never win, they will get what they deserve.

Kevin, can you get me that part at any different price than my boys at the local Ford shop?

Anyone have any car alarms on their car with the perimeter sensors? I have one on my motorcycle and it is ingenious!

Thanks again for the support!
Old 8/22/05, 08:23 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I have a new product I'd like to market. It's called "BOMB-SHOCK". When someone messes with a car that's not theirs the car spontaniously BLOWS the ***** UP! The idiot messing with the car is gone, and anyone with them at the time is SHOCKED. I'm sure BOMB-SHOCK equipped vehicles will be left alone.

Old 8/22/05, 08:44 PM
GT Member

Originally posted by clockworks@August 22, 2005, 10:52 AM
Haha, word. If you find someone vandalizing your car and you break their leg, is it illegal?
Breaking a leg is probably not legal. :bang:
Just KILL them & claim "Justifiable homicide!"

I would at least fill out a police report-----sometimes they get lucky & catch somebody! :scratch:
Old 8/22/05, 08:46 PM
GTR Member

The point is to save the car, not bomb it, lmao
Old 8/23/05, 12:06 AM
V6 Member

Maybe it was a ricer or a f-body driver you know how upset they can get when they are smoked by one of our lovely stangs. Even side by side in park they can't win against an '05.

All kidding aside, sorry to hear about your run in with vandelisim. I've had it done to me before too and it's a real pain in the butt to deal with. Had the side of my 99 GT keyed and spent $100 to get it touched up and repainted. Fortunately, it was a real good friend of the family and I got off real light for $100. But, I had to live with out my car for a couple of weeks and that was worse then losing the $! :bang:
Old 8/23/05, 05:09 AM
V6 Member

"So what I learned was if someone is taken something off of your car while your car is on your property, make sure you don't touch him until he is off of your property."-Depends where you are. If the suns down in Texas and someone is stealing valuables off your property you have every right to use deadly force to stop the would be thieves from escaping with the goods if a reasonable person would think that they were not going to be able to recover the property any other way.
Old 8/23/05, 05:42 AM
Queen Of Nascar

You need a trunk monkey!! B)

Good luck with your repair.
Old 8/23/05, 07:55 AM
FR500 Member

Another option is to get different badges. Something that will cover up all the scratches on the driver's side, as well as the holes in the fenders from the stock emblems. Measure the driver's side and get the smallest possible length and width dimensions that will cover all scrathces and holes, and then contact somewhere like qualitymustangparts.com and see if they have any emblems that may cover it all up. Either GT emblems from the '65 or the '68 Mustangs just may work.
Old 8/23/05, 08:00 AM
Mach 1 Member

Yeah I like that BOMB-SHOCK device, however it's true I would rather keep my vehicle slightly scratched.

What about the Electric Booby trap? You know....touch the car when it is armed, and the assailent gets a shock that will make him forget what he was about to do??

Ok so could they repaint just that one spot that is around the emblem? I mean, tape the area off, buff it down, fill in the gashes, and repaint where the emblem lays and in the general area around the scratches. Can that be done? Maybe then the spot wouldn't be as noticable? Or will that not work?

Oh the trunk monkey!!! I definitely need one of those!
Old 8/23/05, 08:02 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by acadian@August 23, 2005, 8:58 AM
Another option is to get different badges. Something that will cover up all the scratches on the driver's side, as well as the holes in the fenders from the stock emblems. Measure the driver's side and get the smallest possible length and width dimensions that will cover all scrathces and holes, and then contact somewhere like qualitymustangparts.com and see if they have any emblems that may cover it all up. Either GT emblems from the '65 or the '68 Mustangs just may work.
Dude that is not a bad idea!! Only thing I can forsee...is those emblems may look better around these "pukes" necks than the one they stole....

Is the current emblem plastic or metal?
Old 8/23/05, 09:20 AM
Bullitt Member

Originally posted by calvin84@August 23, 2005, 6:12 AM
"So what I learned was if someone is taken something off of your car while your car is on your property, make sure you don't touch him until he is off of your property."-Depends where you are. If the suns down in Texas and someone is stealing valuables off your property you have every right to use deadly force to stop the would be thieves from escaping with the goods if a reasonable person would think that they were not going to be able to recover the property any other way.

In addition to that Calvin is if it is past sunset you can chase them if they run and even if they are off of your property, still use deadly force. But only at night.
Old 8/23/05, 10:31 AM
FR500 Member

The current emblems are plastic. I just think this was a one-time 'fluke' and I'd just put some different badges on there. You can't worry about someone taking those. Might as well get rid of your wheel center caps, faux gas cap and the Mustang grill pony while you're at it.
Old 8/23/05, 10:56 AM
Mach 1 Member

Originally posted by acadian@August 23, 2005, 11:34 AM
The current emblems are plastic. I just think this was a one-time 'fluke' and I'd just put some different badges on there. You can't worry about someone taking those. Might as well get rid of your wheel center caps, faux gas cap and the Mustang grill pony while you're at it.
Yeah no kidding.... :bang:
Old 8/23/05, 06:44 PM
Post *****

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
man... thats @#$%ed up
Old 8/24/05, 02:33 AM
V6 Member

Yea some kid did it I'm sure, not sure if he wanted it as a trothy but that was a big thing in the 90s.