General Mustang Chat Not Model Year Specific

American Muscle Wheel Warranty Claim

Search this Thread

Old 4/12/22, 12:47 PM
GT Member

Received 16 Likes on 13 Posts
American Muscle Wheel Warranty Claim

Has anyone ever put in a warranty claim for American Muscle brand wheels? Bought the wheels back in 2015 or 16, always had a little bit of a shake since I put those wheels on, but never enough to bother me since it's not my daily. I was trying to diagnose a squeak this weekend and noticed that both of the rear wheels wobble left to right and both of the machined lips are inconsistent sizes thought. I couldn't hear the squeak with the rear jacked up so I suspect this wobble is causing some kind of suspension squeak. I found a warranty document on AM's website that says "AmericanMuscle warrants to the original retail purchaser, that all wheels distributed by AmericanMuscle are free of structural defects in material and workmanship for the lifetime of the wheel(s)." But when I reach out to CS they tell me that my wheels don't have a warranty and one even suggested I reach out to the Chinese manufacturer.

Any thoughts?
Old 4/12/22, 03:18 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 1,082 Posts
I thought they had just a one-year warranty, or maybe that was on the finish. I had some wheels develop pin-holes in the clear coat, but it was just over a year, so I could not return them.

Whatever it says in writing, is what it is . . . if you received anything in writing with the wheels, I'd go with that. Or hold them to what it says on their web site, if they are pretending they don't know about it, show them on their own web site.

I would consider a wobble a "structural defect" but that is probably their next argument; they will say "if the wheel did not fall apart, then there is no structural defect." I think I'd call them again, and if the CS rep does not address it adequately, work your way up the chain to higher people.
The following users liked this post:
m05fastbackGT (4/12/22)
Old 4/12/22, 04:19 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,787 Posts
OP! I would most definitely follow Bert's advice by locating your original invoice which should include their warranty policy.. Without proof of purchase, AM will not honor any warranty claim despite whatever their website may state about the warranty policy.. Once you locate the sales invoice, you go by whatever it says in writing.. If the warranty policy states coverage is good for 7 years or longer? then they have to honor the warranty claim.. If however its under 7 years? then it would appear your warranty policy has since expired since the original date of purchase.. Anyhow, for what it's worth, I wish you nothing but the very best of luck and hope your able to locate your original proof of purchase/sales invoice.
Bert (4/13/22)
Old 4/18/22, 02:56 PM
GT Member

I'm working on it still, waiting on a callback from a manager. I'm confident that the lifetime structural warranty was in place when I bought them back in 2016, but the issue is I don't have access to the email account anymore to see the order. That's what I get for trying to save a few bucks and sign up for a wholesale account with a dealership email address. Both of the rears are wobbling and one of the fronts. I'm pretty sure I replaced the other front a year or so after because I curbed it, so their quality control must have gotten better shortly after I bought the original set.

This is the warranty doc that I am referencing. https://lib.americanmuscle.com/files/Wheel-Warranty.pdf
Bert (4/18/22)
Old 4/18/22, 03:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 1,578 Likes on 1,082 Posts
that warranty seems pretty clear and simple; but I don't see anything there that says it applies to your wheels . . . maybe it is obvious because it applies to ALL American Muscle wheels they sell?
Old 4/19/22, 10:06 AM
GT Member

Originally Posted by Bert
that warranty seems pretty clear and simple; but I don't see anything there that says it applies to your wheels . . . maybe it is obvious because it applies to ALL American Muscle wheels they sell?
The only issue I think I'll run into is that there are no dates on the warranty, and apparently this isn't the one that they are utilizing now. I think it's obvious that mine fall under that part of the warranty because they are AM brand wheels ... Where else would I have gotten them? lol

Still trying to get in touch with a supervisor, apparently they have been calling the number on the account, which is for a dealership that is now out of business, instead of my cell that I gave them.
Old 4/19/22, 05:46 PM
SUPERCHARGED RED ROCKET ------------------Master-Moderator

Received 2,237 Likes on 1,787 Posts
If there are no dates of the warranty on your original proof of purchase/sales invoice? then you go by what the terms of the warranty policy is on the American Muscle website.. As long as you have the original proof of purchase invoice, they have to honor the terms of their warranty policy!