The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   General Mustang Chat (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/)
-   -   05 GT or Supercharger? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f657/05-gt-supercharger-519157/)

TheMuffinMan 2/28/13 03:08 PM

05 GT or Supercharger?

I was thinking about saving for a 05-10 GT or supercharging the 03 GT I have now. I like the body style of the 05 better but I feel more comfortable sitting in the 03. Having a hard time deciding what I should do. Though part of me wants to keep a car long enough to actually mod it and make it one of a kind and the other wants the body style.

AirForcePonycar 2/28/13 06:41 PM

I'd go for the 05-09 GT. The body style is nicer IMO, the interior is cool(albeit plasticky), and the engine is more powerful. You can always mod the 05+, supercharge it and all, and even if you don't, you'd have a better car. Again, just my 2 cents. The 05+ are pretty affordable nowadays too.

Hadtohaveit'13 2/28/13 06:44 PM

Are u saying supercharge or a whole other car? I think I'd get the 05+ you will love the change of your 2 cars

TheMuffinMan 2/28/13 07:03 PM

Yeah I think you guys are right. Though I might be able to save the 14k for a used 05 GT and supercharge the car I have now and just keep both cars.

Hadtohaveit'13 2/28/13 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 6564476)
Yeah I think you guys are right. Though I might be able to save the 14k for a used 05 GT and supercharge the car I have now and just keep both cars.

If you can swing both. When you get the 05 you will probably sink some money into exterior visuals, so many options with them. It's all in good fun

TheMuffinMan 2/28/13 07:10 PM

Originally Posted by Hadtohaveit'13 (Post 6564480)

If you can swing both. When you get the 05 you will probably sink some money into exterior visuals, so many options with them. It's all in good fun

My dad is giving me 6K for the car I have now. I only have to save up 8k. In three years ill be able to make around 21k if I save every penny so ill probably have money to get the new one an mod both a good amount.

05GTJOSH 3/1/13 06:08 PM

If your talking about buying a 05 in 3 years the price will be a lot lower. And I got my 05 for 9300 a year ago so 14000 is a little high.

TheMuffinMan 3/1/13 06:38 PM

Originally Posted by 05GTJOSH (Post 6565084)
If your talking about buying a 05 in 3 years the price will be a lot lower. And I got my 05 for 9300 a year ago so 14000 is a little high.

Did you get it from a dealer? Also how much miles were on it. I don't really want a high mileage car.

jdub2k5 3/4/13 01:02 PM

keep the 03 I love that body style the best(besides the 13+)

unless you have an auto get an 05+

TheMuffinMan 3/4/13 01:03 PM

Originally Posted by jdub2k5 (Post 6567346)
keep the 03 I love that body style the best(besides the 13+)

unless you have an auto get an 05+

Why no love for the auto? With a right tune and a shift kit it's faster and more consistent than a manual. In terms of shifting. Either way supercharge it and it won't really matter ill still have around 400 to the wheels.

05GTJOSH 3/6/13 06:57 AM

2 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 6565120)

Did you get it from a dealer? Also how much miles were on it. I don't really want a high mileage car.

Got it off Craig's list. Haven't had a single problem with it in the year that I've owned it. Bought it with 80k miles. It has every upgrade. I got it for 9300.

Krohn 3/12/13 12:15 PM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 6567348)
Why no love for the auto? With a right tune and a shift kit it's faster and more consistent than a manual. In terms of shifting. Either way supercharge it and it won't really matter ill still have around 400 to the wheels.

I'd say move up in years. You'll still be getting more power than your '03 and a whole new car (to you). Look hard for one with the perfect combination of low miles, plentiful options, and low price. I'd recommend one fairly stock (most likely in better shape).

Also, about the auto (depending on where you're at in you automotive history) you'll find a stick (once practiced) to be a lot more fun. It's a hassle sometimes with traffic, phone talking, eating/drinking but I think we'd all agree that those three things should never happen in or around your mustang. lol

Find a Bullitt! Those are slick looking!

Down shifting, exhaust burbling, quick revs, redlight taunting, dump clutch burnouts... so many pros to driving a stick! Plus... back in High School & College every girl wanted to learn how to drive (no pun) stick, and you could be the guy to teach them... just saying...

SilverSkoundrel 3/12/13 12:24 PM

Which car do you love?

SilverSkoundrel 3/12/13 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by 05GTJOSH (Post 6568924)

Got it off Craig's list. Haven't had a single problem with it in the year that I've owned it. Bought it with 80k miles. It has every upgrade. I got it for 9300.

You stole that car!

TheMuffinMan 3/12/13 03:19 PM

Originally Posted by Krohn (Post 6574067)

I'd say move up in years. You'll still be getting more power than your '03 and a whole new car (to you). Look hard for one with the perfect combination of low miles, plentiful options, and low price. I'd recommend one fairly stock (most likely in better shape).

Also, about the auto (depending on where you're at in you automotive history) you'll find a stick (once practiced) to be a lot more fun. It's a hassle sometimes with traffic, phone talking, eating/drinking but I think we'd all agree that those three things should never happen in or around your mustang. lol

Find a Bullitt! Those are slick looking!

Down shifting, exhaust burbling, quick revs, redlight taunting, dump clutch burnouts... so many pros to driving a stick! Plus... back in High School & College every girl wanted to learn how to drive (no pun) stick, and you could be the guy to teach them... just saying...

Lol women+driving=fail, women+using stick trying to learn on my car if I had stick=broken transmission.

05GTJOSH 3/15/13 04:37 AM

Originally Posted by SilverSkoundrel (Post 6574081)

You stole that car!

I know I did. The owner moved back to Egypt and left his room mate with power of attorney. It had been sitting for about 3 months. And they had to sell it.

topbliss 3/15/13 06:26 AM

The 05 is a lot more comfortable and a way better car.. Id say got for it. All the guys I know who stepped up to a S197 from a new edge loved the step up.

TheMuffinMan 3/16/13 01:38 PM

Honestly thinking about getting a 98-02 camaro SS with a 6 speed instead.

cdynaco 3/16/13 01:40 PM

Originally Posted by TheMuffinMan (Post 6577504)
Honestly thinking about getting a 98-02 camaro SS with a 6 speed instead.

You would. :p

TheMuffinMan 3/16/13 02:15 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 6577506)

You would. :p

Lol it's cheaper than a 05-10 GT and is way faster/ lighter too. Only thing it can't do is not look like a bloated catfish. Either way ill be keeping my GT so if still have a stang.