The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f655/)
-   -   Introducing Infinite Scroll (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f655/introducing-infinite-scroll-546335/)

IB Jason 11/15/18 12:49 PM

Introducing Infinite Scroll

Introducing a new, simpler way to read The Mustang Source: Infinite Scroll! Now, instead of needing to click "Next" in a thread to keep reading additional posts, you will see a layout that automatically loads the next page of a thread as you scroll. We've also updated a few other parts of the layout so they remain easily accessible while you read, including access to thread search, a button to jump to the first unread post, and a Quick Reply box that lets you type a reply while scrolling through the thread content.

In tandem with Infinite Scroll, we also rolled out a revised post editor that lets you see your post formatting changes in real time. For example, if you choose to bold your text, the text will appear in bold right in the editor - no need to submit or preview the post to see the change. Keyboard shortcuts like Ctrl + B for bolding are now supported, too. Additionally, the revised editor includes a combined photo and attachment uploader. The forum will know to embed image uploads into your post, and place all non-image files (PDFs, Word docs, etc.) as attachments at the bottom. You can even upload multiple file types at once and the forum will sort them on the fly.

We're happy to answer any questions you may have about the new functionality right here in this thread. If you would like to keep the standard thread view with separate pages, or remove the related threads that appear at a thread's end, head to your User CP's Edit Options page and simply disable “Infinite Scroll” or “Related Threads." Please note that these options only apply to the desktop version of The Mustang Source.

Gabe 11/18/18 05:59 PM

Every new change is making me want to come back less.

This forum is getting worse and worse in member participation, you guys are not helping things one bit.
More ads than ever, slower loading, harder to navigate, harder to upload pictures, slower to use.

It's really too aggravating to use to keep coming back.

Fire whoever keeps coming up with, and whoever keeps approving these changes.

IB Jason 11/19/18 12:07 PM

We appreciate the feedback, Gabe. Please note that infinite scroll in particular is entirely optional. You can disable it by going to your User CP's Edit Options page and selecting the "Disable Infinite Scroll" option towards the bottom of the page. The site will then switch back to the old paginated view it's always been.

In terms of the other issues you raised, we're working to ensure everything works as smoothly as possible. Our image uploader has admittedly had technical issues as of late, but our tech team is actively pushing out fixes to improve that experience. You should be able to upload and insert images into your posts more reliably now, but if not, please let me know what device/browser you're using and I'll bring it to the team to troubleshoot further.

For ads, our team is always in constant communication with our partners to keep load times as fast as possible. We also display significantly fewer ones to logged in members, so I encourage you to browse the site logged in whenever visiting.

LDC5 2/23/19 07:55 AM

Hey,
New to the site, but not to DIY stuff. My home garage has a new family member, an 05 GT with high miles (190K) but body in decent shape....engine runs strong with no leaks, but a little smoke, so looking forward to rebuilding from ground up. Will share anything new I come across.

-LDC5

papa 4/22/19 01:46 PM

Jason, trying to contact Brad about a web site. I also cannot join the MS site. The page will not open correctly. Thanks Ricky Clowdus

rogcat1 4/23/19 10:18 AM

Question; How long do you keep "For Sale" items on the website? I see items going back to 2009. Pretty sure those are gone by now.

George Cartwright 2/1/21 08:18 PM

I have a 2013 mustang ghig gt premium conv automatic.

Any one know how many gt conv premiums ghig automatics were made in 2013?

Bert 2/2/21 05:53 AM

is this the random unrelated questions thread?
LOL :jester:

shaneyusa 2/2/21 09:06 AM

:lol:
Just post it anywhere. Someone will find it...

As a partial answer to the GHIG question...
https://themustangsource.com/forums/...6/#post6723422

The numbers for GHIG convertibles was never posted that I can find...

houtex 2/2/21 09:56 AM

Originally Posted by Bert (Post 7059484)
is this the random unrelated questions thread?
LOL :jester:

It is now. Speaking of which, how do you like core of the Earth?

CRKC5.0 3/25/21 11:03 AM

Anyone here in Kansas City?

Asking this because, I have a 2015 5.0. I only have 16k miles on it. I only drive it on special occasions, nice days, etc. It has pirelli tires but I think the rear passanger tire has a nail or something in it because I keep losing air pressure. I dont want to pay dealership money if I dont have to but I also dont know who to trust (i.e. Goodyear, Firestone, Discount Tires, etc.) that has experience working on newer mustang models and knows how to be careful with them. I am in Kansas City MO and I bought my Mustang from Metro Ford.
Any advise on where I can take it or am I better off going to the dealership?