The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Announcements (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f655/)
-   -   Changes at The Mustang Source (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f655/changes-mustang-source-488071/)

Jonf 10/4/10 08:15 PM

Changes at The Mustang Source

4 Attachment(s)
As you can see, we've made some changes at TheMustangSource.com! Our goal is to create a better surfing experience for our members and make the site more readable and usable.

1. Logo

The first thing you'll notice is we changed the header/logo on all the pages and some of the colors on the forum pages.

2. Home Page/Blog

We've also updated the home page with TheMustangSource.com blog. Here you will find different categories of news and information relating to the Mustang. We will be highlighting what is going on in the world of the Mustang, as well as the world of TheMustangSource.com. We will continue to expand this section of the site providing more resources and information for our members.

Attachment 80209

3. New Stickers

We have also gotten some new stickers with the new TheMustangSource.com logo. Stickers are free to anyone who would like one. Follow this link to get more information on the stickers! Here is a pic:

Attachment 80205

4. Mustang Clubs

Members (and even guests) can now add their Mustang Club to our registry. You will notice a drop down menu near the top of the page titled "Clubs":

Attachment 80210

Clubs can now be displayed on a map, or a list or by state/province. Here's an example of the map:

Attachment 80212

We will also be rolling out a few more changes later this week...so make sure you stop back and see what is in store!

Overboost 10/4/10 09:07 PM

Any plans to migrate over to vB 4.0?

I like the new color scheme. The logo is growing on me since it changed suddenly not too long ago.

Nathan 10/4/10 09:10 PM

vBulletin 4 has a lot of issues and you'll notice that most large forums aren't moving over to it. For now, we wills stick with the vB 3 series.

Jonf 10/4/10 09:13 PM

Glad you like the new color scheme!

Overboost 10/4/10 09:16 PM

Glad to hear that. Another forum I frequent went to 4.0 and has been full of issues.

ford4v429 10/4/10 09:18 PM

I liked Brads old logo- are there any old stickers still available? would love to get a few...

MadGT 10/4/10 09:19 PM

This baby looks great!

Jonf 10/4/10 09:20 PM

Originally Posted by MadGT (Post 5956676)
This baby looks great!

Thanks!! :nice:

Jonf 10/4/10 09:21 PM

Originally Posted by ford4v429 (Post 5956675)
I liked Brads old logo- are there any old stickers still available? would love to get a few...

Nathan and I never received any of the old stickers. You could ask Scothew...that would be my only guess.

jerseygirl 10/4/10 09:21 PM

me likey!!! great job!!!

MadGT 10/4/10 09:23 PM

Glad to see you are in VA..was stationed there a few yrs back...I lived in Alexandria. As a matter of fact, got my Stang from Ourisman Ford, Rte 1...looking forward returning to the area this time next year....

ford4v429 10/4/10 09:23 PM

first time Ive seen a new layout I didnt hate right off the bat :)

good job- not that there was ANYTHING I didnt like about the old layout/colors...this has always been one of the 'best kept' sites I've ever visited...keep up the good work

Jonf 10/4/10 09:25 PM

Originally Posted by MadGT (Post 5956683)
Glad to see you are in VA..was stationed there a few yrs back...I lived in Alexandria. As a matter of fact, got my Stang from Ourisman Ford, Rte 1...looking forward returning to the area this time next year....

Awesome!

I dealt with Ted Britt Ford in Chantilly -- they have a place in Fairfax and one in Chantilly.

Not a bad experience, although any time you buy a car, it can be a bit of a hassle...especially when trading one in.

Jonf 10/4/10 09:26 PM

Originally Posted by zhovkva89 (Post 5956682)
me likey!!! great job!!!

Thanks!

Blue Notch 10/4/10 09:27 PM

I was just finally getting used to the last one. :(

Edit, I can go back. :heh: Do you plan on keeping the old look as an option?

Jonf 10/4/10 09:32 PM

We will keep the old look as an option for a little while. Not sure exactly how long...

Jonf 10/4/10 09:32 PM

Originally Posted by ford4v429 (Post 5956684)
first time Ive seen a new layout I didnt hate right off the bat :)

good job- not that there was ANYTHING I didnt like about the old layout/colors...this has always been one of the 'best kept' sites I've ever visited...keep up the good work

Glad to hear it!

stupidgenius36 10/4/10 09:46 PM

WTF??? I absolutely hate the new homepage. I liked just seeing small bits about something new. And if I was interested, I could click it and read more. No scrolling down, no nothing...Just a glance at startup to see if anything was new, then move on. I'll likely never look at anything on that page, and I'll probably just skip straight to the forum now. And mark me in the column for liking the old logo waaay better.

But again...not like our opinions matter anyway...

Nathan 10/4/10 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Notch (Post 5956691)
Edit, I can go back. :heh: Do you plan on keeping the old look as an option?

In the bottom left hand corner there's a drop down menu. Select "Retro TMS".

20115.0 10/4/10 09:51 PM

looks pretty cool guys :)