Announcements What You Need to Know

Changes at The Mustang Source

Search this Thread

Old 6/5/10, 02:04 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
I knew it ! But with times brings changes , for Brad I hope that he can get more quality time in with his family ! as for the site I hope it to stay the same people behaving and being a family oriented site, it's always been nice & clean.
My first time looking around taught me to know more about the 05 GT I factory ordered sitting here in the same chair now. It helped me to know more that the dealer/salesman did also at the time, so much has come so fast in so short of time, I hope that it pretty much stays the same ,sure there will be some changes there will have to be , it's all part of evolution right .
Old 6/5/10, 07:01 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Good for 'ya Brad, you've build up quite an impressive community here, and are very thankful for that.
Good luck with spending all those millions !!!!!
Now, how do we know you didn't get bought by ford, and that these guys are not here to spy on us !
Old 6/5/10, 07:31 PM
Legacy TMS Member Pr

Received 33 Likes on 27 Posts
Congrats on your new turn in life. You and the rest of your crew have made an awesome place to share our passion for automobiles, especially the Mustang I've made good friends here and learned a lot since I joined here.
Jon & Nathan
Originally Posted by Paris MkVI
Welcome to you, Jon & Nathan. Brad, it is good to know you are still around. You set the tone from the beginning for this site. Jon and Nathan, I am glad to hear your plan is to maintain that same family-friendly quality.

Most forum sites are hard to endure because of the nastiness, flaming and overall lack of any sense of maturity.

Here's hoping The Mustang Source will remain the quality online community it has always been!
I second that! That's the reason I joined this site.
Old 6/5/10, 08:51 PM
Team Mustang Source

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Thanks for the great Mustang site Brad! It's been great! This was also my first forum to ever sign up on so this place is like family to me.

Welcome Jon and Nathan! Looking forward to your reign!
Old 6/6/10, 06:46 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Thanks for the welcome everyone! We are looking forward to keeping this site moving in the same direction!
Old 6/6/10, 06:57 AM
legacy Tms Member

Received 148 Likes on 112 Posts
Originally Posted by Jonf
Yup...I'm a newb...but hopefully not for long.
you can inflate your post count as high a you wish
Old 6/6/10, 07:03 AM
GTR Member

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
I'm a bit late to the party, but just wanted to add my sincere thanks to Brad, Scott and the other administrators for this superb site. There are a couple of Mustang forums I frequent in the UK, the Owners Club www.mocgb.net/forums and www.s197.co.uk but I have to say TMS is possibly the most informative and friendly website I know and enjoy. Despite being several thousand miles away across the pond, I've always been made most welcome and love the banter on here.

Whilst they may not admit it, I'm sure there are a number of Ford/Mustang movers and shakers that also frequent this site, looking for feedback that will possibly shape the future of the Mustang as we know it. That's how important and influential this site is, in my opinion.

So, Brad, enjoy your semi-retirement from the site. Certainly there are no more important things to me than my wife, children and the Mustang.......the other woman in my life

Nathan, Jon - congratulations on your purchase. I'm sure you'll look after the site and ensure it goes from strength to strength. I'm sure you also appreciate you're now in control of something very special.

Cheers and all the best.

Paul

Old 6/6/10, 08:06 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cool "All Praise to the Creator"

Had been a TMS site visitor here for years researching the new S-197's. Then Brad posted the very first 2007 white GT/CS prototype pictures. And I instantly fell in love and just had to have one!! Got our own "CAL" and that convinced me to become a TMS family member! Brad because of you the kid smile always returns every time we fire up the CalStang for a ride, a cruise or for a show road trip.

Thanks again Bro for everything you have done for us all here!!! Best of luck in all that you do. "RC"

P.S. And a welcome to our new owners from another fellow F-150 nut. My other addiction!
Attached Thumbnails Changes at The Mustang Source-2007-gtcs-proto.jpg   Changes at The Mustang Source-rc-his-2007-calstang.jpg  
Old 6/6/10, 09:48 AM
Shelby GT500 Member

Thanks for everything Brad. Welcome Jon and Nathan... While I spend a lot of time over at Team Shelby and fordgt500, this is definitely one of the best overall Mustang forums around. Congrats on the purchase.
Old 6/6/10, 04:12 PM
Team Mustang Source

Originally Posted by CalStang'07
Had been a TMS site visitor here for years researching the new S-197's. Then Brad posted the very first 2007 white GT/CS prototype pictures. And I instantly fell in love and just had to have one!! Got our own "CAL" and that convinced me to become a TMS family member! Brad because of you the kid smile always returns every time we fire up the CalStang for a ride, a cruise or for a show road trip.

Thanks again Bro for everything you have done for us all here!!! Best of luck in all that you do. "RC"

P.S. And a welcome to our new owners from another fellow F-150 nut. My other addiction!
Wow that I think was the same reason I purcased my 07-GT/CS as soon as I saw from my chair
Old 6/6/10, 04:57 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Congrats Brad, but sorry to see ya let her go! Welcome Jon and Nathan! You guys better keep this place the same

Oh and BTW, look familiar?
Attached Thumbnails Changes at The Mustang Source-f150-forum-sticker.jpg  
Old 6/6/10, 05:30 PM
GT Member

Awesome sticker, glad you have one on display. I'm sure we will do the same here soon
Old 6/6/10, 06:17 PM
I will buy Jack Stands!!!

Received 29 Likes on 16 Posts
Good, the driver side of that window is calling for one
Old 6/6/10, 06:18 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by Nathan W
Awesome sticker, glad you have one on display. I'm sure we will do the same here soon
+1

We would love to see some TMS ones for our Mustangs. Ask Brad or Scott, there were some around back in the beginning but I think they all got sold/given out and they never had anymore made. I would love to get my hands on one or two for my car.

Just something to think about.
Old 6/6/10, 06:41 PM
Team Mustang Source

I had a few gave Arin a set I think & have two more
Attached Thumbnails Changes at The Mustang Source-tms-window-002.jpg  
Old 6/6/10, 08:46 PM
Stubborn Bear
TMS Staff

Received 48 Likes on 39 Posts
Im pretty sure there is still one of hte stickers on teh cpillar window of the s197 Mustang they had at Talladega as a pace car.
Old 6/6/10, 08:57 PM
Swamp Donkey Man Cans

Originally Posted by Scothew
Im pretty sure there is still one of hte stickers on teh cpillar window of the s197 Mustang they had at Talladega as a pace car.

I would love to see some more made... maybe two different styles, a rendering of both the 05-09 body style & the 10+ body style. I just want one to put on the bottom center of the rear window.
Old 6/6/10, 09:19 PM
BoogieNights Studios:
Official Fluffer

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 07S197
+1

We would love to see some TMS ones for our Mustangs. Ask Brad or Scott, there were some around back in the beginning but I think they all got sold/given out and they never had anymore made. I would love to get my hands on one or two for my car.

Just something to think about.
X2
Old 6/6/10, 09:31 PM
GT Member

Brad and Scott: Thanks so much for the site! I used it to answer questions I didn't know I had until I bought my 05 this year.
Jon and Nathan: Welcome aboard!
I'm not much of a forum reader or writer and I'm a newbie to the site but I'd just like to say that the amount of resources to be found here constantly amazes me.

Originally Posted by Jonf
what Mustang to buy.

I've always wanted a convertible and I'd love a 2010 GT or even the 2011 v6. Unfortunately, those are on the high side of my budget. (BTW..a dealer around here (Ted Britt Ford) has a sweet 2010 GT Convertible (automatic) with pretty much all the bells and whistles (minus nav) that MSRP's for $41K. He is willing to drop that price to close to $34K -- pretty good deal.)

So what I think I'm gonna do is go with a 2010 v6, with a few miles on it. I can probably get out the door in the low $20s and then have some cash to do some mods on the engine. I love the sync (right now I've got to fuss with my ipod to change music and its annoying), so I want to get the premium.

Any suggestions/thoughts/advice is greatly appreciated!
PS.....Jon, I bought my car for 11K....sure it's used, and a hard top, but that just means on a 35k budget, there's only 24K left for mods.......and an iPod controller......... The deals are out there for used rides, especially with the economy being what it is, if you check out some private party stuff..........
Old 6/7/10, 09:38 AM
Bullitt Member

This is my favorite Mustang site! Congrats to you Brad and welcome to Nathan and Jon!!!

Quick Reply: Changes at The Mustang Source