The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f651/)
-   -   TMS App Update and Option (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f651/tms-app-update-option-536600/)

Evil_Capri 4/9/15 05:13 AM

TMS App Update and Option

All-

Received an update from IB regarding an option to using the current IB TMS App, and an update on our new App . .

We have a pretty awesome option available right now for the mobile users, actually. If they visit themustangsource.com/forum over their mobile browsers, they'll see the new mobile template. It's a serious improvement over the IB Auto Group App because (1) it works and (2) it comes with some features that weren't there before.

- Avatars are now shown in small circles next to the username
- Star icon on every thread allows you to subscribe/unsubscribe to threads
- OP is highlighted throughout thread
- Top left hamburger menu icon shows number of unread PMs
- If you have advanced editor enabled you will see icons to add bold, italics, hyperlinks, images, etc.

It's the best option until the new app arrives because all hands on deck are on making that thing real. April doesn't seem like an impossible dream! *fingers crossed*

codeman94 4/9/15 07:40 AM

browser? I'll check it out. I got parse error yesterday and was bummed.

tony2014mustang 4/9/15 08:55 AM

I am getting parse error for many posts as well. What do I do about it??

Mr. V 4/9/15 09:05 AM

I'm glad I'm not the only one.

CCTking 4/9/15 09:23 AM

Im gettin that error too as well as having issues uploading pics. As in ot wont let me at all, its been goin for months now

mustangfan410 4/9/15 12:34 PM

It's been 6 months since they said they were going to update it. This better be a flawless app!

GrnT 4/9/15 06:26 PM

Thanks for the update. :nice:

houtex 4/10/15 08:48 PM

Posted in the other thread, repeated here for this one because important, and maybe it'll go up the chain and get it fixed.

---

I've figured it out.

The errors happen on topics with embedded pictures, such as Arin's II build or the hood ones where the seams are being posted.

They got some 'splainin' to do....

Also, I think it's SERVER side, as I've been happily using the OLD TMS app until this started up. I then downloaded the IB app a couple of days ago, thinking "well, maybe it's time I get with the times", and same thing.

I only use them to read the topics, I don't post using it, 'cause smartphone virtual keyboard (siphons with a large amount of negative pressure.)

For what that's worth.

mustangfan410 4/10/15 08:59 PM

Originally Posted by houtex (Post 6917616)
Posted in the other thread, repeated here for this one because important, and maybe it'll go up the chain and get it fixed. --- I've figured it out. The errors happen on topics with embedded pictures, such as Arin's II build or the hood ones where the seams are being posted. They got some 'splainin' to do.... Also, I think it's SERVER side, as I've been happily using the OLD TMS app until this started up. I then downloaded the IB app a couple of days ago, thinking "well, maybe it's time I get with the times", and same thing. I only use them to read the topics, I don't post using it, 'cause smartphone virtual keyboard (siphons with a large amount of negative pressure.) For what that's worth.

Well im still able to use the IB app, but only on threads that are shorter than 30 comments long or under 1 page long. Edit: I just checked my iPad and the app works fine (knocks on wood), so it's just not working on my phone.

stupidgenius36 4/14/15 06:40 AM

So their "awesome" solution is for everyone to just use the same half-assed mobile website that every website has?

No app = No website.

I've never seen a website try so hard to chase away its users/*customers*. Be sure to tell the owners "good job." I've been here since 2004, and they finally chased me away. Bye.

SONICBOOST 4/14/15 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36 (Post 6918468)
So their "awesome" solution is for everyone to just use the same half-assed mobile website that every website has? No app = No website. I've never seen a website try so hard to chase away its users/*customers*. Be sure to tell the owners "good job." I've been here since 2004, and they finally chased me away. Bye.

I agree about the app part. I was told there should be a solution for it sooner rather than later. It really doesn't make sense to me and it's annoying not being able to view a majority of the threads.

Evil_Capri 4/14/15 08:36 AM

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36 (Post 6918468)
So their "awesome" solution is for everyone to just use the same half-assed mobile website that every website has?

No app = No website.

I've never seen a website try so hard to chase away its users/*customers*. Be sure to tell the owners "good job." I've been here since 2004, and they finally chased me away. Bye.

Do you want your account closed?

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST (Post 6918492)
I agree about the app part. I was told there should be a solution for it sooner rather than later. It really doesn't make sense to me and it's annoying not being able to view a majority of the threads.

There seems to be an issue with many of IB's sites for some reason. F150forum.com is also facing some issues. Not stating that as an excuse, but merely for the fact that TMS isn't alone with our issues.

At the end of the day TMS is just a website, but I apologize for the issues if people wish to remove themselves from the site due to some technical difficulties.

GrnT 4/14/15 09:14 AM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 6918499)
Do you want your account closed?

There seems to be an issue with many of IB's sites for some reason. F150forum.com is also facing some issues. Not stating that as an excuse, but merely for the fact that TMS isn't alone with our issues.

At the end of the day TMS is just a website, but I apologize for the issues if people wish to remove themselves from the site due to some technical difficulties.

Evil_Capri Has anyone said I appreciate what you do for us? I for one do.
I can imagine the headache this could give a person.
I also have been trolling the other web sights and it's just how you say. We are not the only ones having the issue.
I find it funny how it only effects my iPhone and not my iPad. :dunno:
Let's not get hasty and start deleting our selves. Just look at it like a bump in the road. Two steps forward one step back.
I've just been using full sight for my iPhone it's not perfect but it works.

Evil_Capri 4/14/15 12:21 PM

Originally Posted by GrnT (Post 6918509)
Evil_Capri Has anyone said I appreciate what you do for us? I for one do.
I can imagine the headache this could give a person.
I also have been trolling the other web sights and it's just how you say. We are not the only ones having the issue.
I find it funny how it only effects my iPhone and not my iPad. :dunno:
Let's not get hasty and start deleting our selves. Just look at it like a bump in the road. Two steps forward one step back.
I've just been using full sight for my iPhone it's not perfect but it works.

Thank you, but no need for thanks. I know it is frustrating for those experiencing issues, and can even understand if someone wants to leave the site. I'm just trying to help the process of App fixes and a new TMS App as much as I can.

SONICBOOST 4/14/15 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 6918499)
There seems to be an issue with many of IB's sites for some reason. F150forum.com is also facing some issues. Not stating that as an excuse, but merely for the fact that TMS isn't alone with our issues. At the end of the day TMS is just a website, but I apologize for the issues if people wish to remove themselves from the site due to some technical difficulties.

Im gonna just keep checking up on this section and then have some catching up to do in the regular threads when the app gets fixed. The app is just a simple convenience and amongst many things it doesn't always go smooth and I understand. Thank you for keeping us up to date Evil_Capri!

Mustang Freak 4/15/15 12:25 PM

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST (Post 6918667)
Im gonna just keep checking up on this section and then have some catching up to do in the regular threads when the app gets fixed. The app is just a simple convenience and amongst many things it doesn't always go smooth and I understand. Thank you for keeping us up to date Evil_Capri!

U can keep checking back until you get the parse error! :devil:

SONICBOOST 4/15/15 05:21 PM

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak (Post 6918818)
U can keep checking back until you get the parse error! :devil:

Lol, and that's exactly what happened:banghead: on my pc now....

GrnT 4/15/15 08:39 PM

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST (Post 6918898)
Lol, and that's exactly what happened:banghead: on my pc now....

Wow. I was unable to upload a pic from my phone using full sight mode. Things are a changing.

SONICBOOST 4/18/15 08:51 AM

Would be nice if the full site mode remembered what page I was on while using my mobile. It sucks trying to search through or remember what page I was on in a certain thread when some have over 200 pages.

Blue Notch 4/18/15 10:16 AM

Originally Posted by SONICBOOST (Post 6919496)
Would be nice if the full site mode remembered what page I was on while using my mobile. It sucks trying to search through or remember what page I was on in a certain thread when some have over 200 pages.

If you go to the new posts tab on the side, it should jump to your last read post. Wish it would do the same for subscriptions.