The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f651/)
-   -   TMS App/iPhone problems (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f651/tms-app-iphone-problems-498470/)

cdynaco 8/8/11 11:57 AM

TMS App/iPhone problems

Hey guys/mods... after a few questions I've learned the mobile device users can't see the tabs - like New Posts, Search, QuickLinks/today's posts; and can't see smiley's.

I don't know a dang thing about mobile devices or apps, or which is causing the problem that the site can't be fully seen.

But it is leading to numerous DUPLICATE threads over and over again. :bad:

And not seeing/using smiley's has lead to a number of threads deteriorating in politeness and locked threads because readers often don't know that a poster was kidding. :doh:

Can you fix the TMS App so users can see the site more fully??

Hytek 8/8/11 12:45 PM

That and all the crashing lately too. Especially when posting back comments don't always appear or pics don't attach.

Scothew 8/8/11 12:56 PM

Ill pass the info along.

AlsCobra 8/8/11 12:58 PM

You da man Scothew. :D

11SHELBYGT500 8/8/11 01:06 PM

You can finally view clear pictures though, so don't mess that back up when you fix the other stuff again.

Evil_Capri 8/8/11 01:10 PM

As an FYI, the TMS App for droid is working well for me. I can't see the 'smileys,' but I can see/read the smiley text (: lol :, : nice :, etc.).

Also, multiple threads are nothing new to the internet/forums/TMS. Whenever there is a new 'hot topic' people post about it multiple times and in some instances, multiple locations.

cdynaco 8/8/11 01:14 PM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 6118879)
As an FYI, the TMS App for droid is working well for me. I can't see the 'smileys,' but I can see/read the smiley text (:lol:, :nice:, etc.).

Also, multiple threads are nothing new to the internet/forums/TMS. Whenever there is a new 'hot topic' people post about it multiple times and in some instances, multiple locations.

I was told they can't see the tabs for New Posts, Search, and Quick Links/todays posts. Or maybe some don't know how to use them. :dunno:

That's how I see all the current threads across the forum.

Evil_Capri 8/8/11 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by cdynaco (Post 6118882)
I was told they can't see the tabs for New Posts, Search, and Quick Links/todays posts. Or maybe some don't know how to use them. :dunno:

That's how I see all the current threads across the forum.

Again . . . I'm looking at the Droid App (maybe the iphones are the only ones with an issue :dunno:) as I type and I can see "Forums," "Current," "Search," and "Online" at the bottom of my screen.

AlsCobra 8/8/11 01:20 PM

Other than the smileys, the iPhone app is alright. Have to use the Current tab to keep up and keep refreshing.

11SHELBYGT500 8/8/11 01:21 PM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra
Other than the smileys, the iPhone app is alright. Have to use the Current tab to keep up and keep refreshing.

I have noticed a few crashes, since the update.

Jonf 8/8/11 02:00 PM

The ipad app seems to be working for me. Make sure the users are logged in (sometimes it's not obvious if you are logged in or not).

DaSFGiants4Life 8/8/11 03:15 PM

I'm able to view the smileys but you would have to click on the actual message while viewing the thread. Or u will just see
: nice : I put spaces purposely because u will just see the words rather then the actual smiley.

phiggs54 8/8/11 05:37 PM

Originally Posted by AlsCobra

I like the iPhone app. I read all the new posts on the subscribed tab then go to the current tab to see what is new. I can r"ead" the smileys. I actually find the iPhone app better than the full blown web page apart from picture resolution and that I suck typing on the tiny phone keypad

FordIVTteam 8/11/11 12:58 PM

Hi everyone!

I'm new here, I'm part of the In-Vehicle Technology Team. I can help with SYNC, Navigation, and MyFord Touch related questions.

The Mustang Source app is downloading on my Droid right now! I'm excited to check it out and talk with all of you :)

~Jaclyn

Scothew 8/12/11 08:23 AM

Originally Posted by FordIVTteam (Post 6120851)
Hi everyone!

I'm new here, I'm part of the In-Vehicle Technology Team. I can help with SYNC, Navigation, and MyFord Touch related questions.

The Mustang Source app is downloading on my Droid right now! I'm excited to check it out and talk with all of you :)

~Jaclyn

:welcome: to the site!

FordIVTteam 8/18/11 08:43 AM

Originally Posted by Scothew (Post 6121359)
:welcome: to the site!

Thank you! I'm excited to be here. :D

JohnC 8/27/11 09:12 AM

Originally Posted by phiggs54 (Post 6119091)
I like the iPhone app. I read all the new posts on the subscribed tab then go to the current tab to see what is new. I can r"ead" the smileys. I actually find the iPhone app better than the full blown web page apart from picture resolution and that I suck typing on the tiny phone keypad

I agree. no problems here.

I know apps get updates from time to time, and some users don't download the updates. Maybe that is contributing to some of the problems.