The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Testing, Help, Site Feedback and Suggestions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f651/)
-   -   Android app stopped working for me (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f651/android-app-stopped-working-me-532222/)

berzerk_1980 8/9/14 10:26 AM

Android app stopped working for me

When I launch the Android app now, I get "remote server sent an unknown response." It basically won't do anything else, but notifications are somehow still working. Any ideas?

Evil_Capri 8/9/14 11:06 AM

There seems to be an issue and the site owners are aware of it. Not sure when the fix is coming, so best to access via the traditional URL. We will keep everyone posted as we know more . . .

berzerk_1980 8/9/14 12:32 PM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 6838371)
There seems to be an issue and the site owners are aware of it. Not sure when the fix is coming, so best to access via the traditional URL. We will keep everyone posted as we know more . . .

Thank you, I can stop uninstalling, reinstalling, and crossing my fingers now. :panic:

Mr. V 8/9/14 05:51 PM

I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'll check back here for any updates.

KushBandit 8/9/14 05:57 PM

Doesn't work on my Nexus 7(android). Works for my iPhone 4S though. Unfortunately, I can no longer upload pictures.

LivinTheStangLife 8/9/14 07:52 PM

i'll be impatiently waiting :poke: the android app is like my lifeline to this site! it gives me my mustang fix on the fly,like at work :P im not on my actual computer often enough to hop on and the mobile site is a pain for me! hope they get it fixed soon!

berzerk_1980 8/9/14 08:29 PM

Originally Posted by LivinTheStangLife (Post 6838527)
i'll be impatiently waiting :poke: the android app is like my lifeline to this site! it gives me my mustang fix on the fly,like at work :P im not on my actual computer often enough to hop on and the mobile site is a pain for me! hope they get it fixed soon!

The mobile site is almost usable in a pinch.

RaceRed-GT 8/10/14 10:04 PM

Doesn't work for me either. Both on my Android phone and tablet. Glad its being worked on.

stupidgenius36 8/12/14 08:57 PM

Is a fix (or a new app) actually being worked on? Best I can tell, the app has been unsupported for quite some time now...the last update was almost 2 years ago. Push notifications have been dead even before the app stopped working, so I have a feeling it's dead for good...

KushBandit 8/12/14 10:56 PM

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36 (Post 6839764)
Is a fix (or a new app) actually being worked on? Best I can tell, the app has been unsupported for quite some time now...the last update was almost 2 years ago. Push notifications have been dead even before the app stopped working, so I have a feeling it's dead for good...

I'd be shocked if an admin is working on it. It seems all the staff on this site does is post news stories(excluding moderators).

Evil_Capri 8/13/14 04:28 AM

There is a new app being developed . . . at a bit faster rate given the circumstances, and a soft timetable has been set at about 3-4 weeks. We were awaiting to hear confirmation on a set date before posting, but awareness never hurts . . .

shurtual86 8/13/14 05:40 AM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 6839819)
There is a new app being developed . . . at a bit faster rate given the circumstances, and a soft timetable has been set at about 3-4 weeks. We were awaiting to hear confirmation on a set date before posting, but awareness never hurts . . .

:nice: thanks for the info/update.

stupidgenius36 8/13/14 06:09 AM

Originally Posted by Evil_Capri (Post 6839819)

Good to know. I was starting to think the owners were just gonna let it die.

So they're getting a new app created? Wouldn't it be easier to just use an existing app, and set it up to work with TMS?

Evil_Capri 8/13/14 06:18 AM

Originally Posted by stupidgenius36 (Post 6839839)
Good to know. I was starting to think the owners were just gonna let it die.

So they're getting a new app created? Wouldn't it be easier to just use an existing app, and set it up to work with TMS?

Don't know their process for the creating/designing/modifying the proposed "new app" . . . .

JimC 8/13/14 06:19 PM

App question

Maybe I missed some posting, but for some reason the forum won't load on my phone app anymore. It shows, but when I try to go to it I get a message "the remote server sent an unknown response. This could be the result of the forum software plugin being outdated or having a conflict"

That happens on both my Samsung S4 and on my Samsung Galaxy Tab 3.

Did the forum drop out of the app?

Evil_Capri 8/13/14 06:32 PM

Merged threads . . .

JimC 8/13/14 06:40 PM

Didn't see this posting, and I searched before posting the same thing. Only found this because I'm at home and was going through all the recent posts!

Evil_Capri 8/14/14 04:35 AM

Merged threads . . .

TripleBlack14 8/14/14 06:07 AM

Sure hope they fix this app thingy soon for all you techno nerds with those fancy eye- phone thigamajigs so we can get some photos around this joint.

Mustang Freak 8/14/14 07:13 PM

Originally Posted by TripleBlack14 (Post 6840211)
Sure hope they fix this app thingy soon for all you techno nerds with those fancy eye- phone thigamajigs so we can get some photos around this joint.

:rofl: