The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f650/)
-   -   Newbie looking to buy my first Mustang HELP (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f650/newbie-looking-buy-my-first-mustang-help-546793/)

hellfire_436 4/24/19 10:52 AM

Newbie looking to buy my first Mustang HELP

Hey everyone,
I am a 51 year old male, looking to buy my first Mustang.
Kids are all grown. So the wife and I would like to buy a new Mustang, just not sure if we want Ecoboost or Gt.
I like the extra power and sound of the Gt the wife hates it but her dream car is a Mustang and would love the ecoboost.
I don't think I would ever use the extra power in the Gt But Love Love the sound. Can i do anything to make the Eco sound deeper? Is the Eco fast enough?

Thanks for any help

Poco 5/12/19 09:51 AM

If your wife is involved in this decision , we can't help you.

hellfire_436 5/12/19 10:26 AM

We bought a 2019 kona blue Ecoboost Mustang premium and performance package... Love it so far just going to add a MBRP S7275409 - 3" XP Series Cat-Back Exhaust System

EF1 5/12/19 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by Poco (Post 7041517)
If your wife is involved in this decision , we can't help you.

I agree. We started looking at a V6 automatic for my wife and ended up with a 5.0 with manual transmission and Brembos. She can't drive a manual. It is still a sore spot 8 years later. Good luck with what ever you decide.

theborg42 5/12/19 03:29 PM

Since this isn't your first rodeo I'm probably preaching to the choir - but I'd definitely recommend taking whatever you're going to buy to a trusted mechanic before going through with the purchase. I've seen some mustangs that sound great only to find out the owners removed the catalytic converter cores and spoofed the O2 sensor results.... be careful out there!

hellfire_436 5/12/19 04:16 PM

We bought a 2019 kona blue Ecoboost Mustang premium and performance package... Love it so far just going to add a MBRP S7275409 - 3" XP Series Cat-Back Exhaust System

It.s brand new from the dealership

EF1 5/12/19 05:19 PM

Congratulations on your purchase. The Ecoboosts are actually pretty quick. I have seem a few on the track that do quite well. They are lighter than the GT's and handle well, they just don't sound as good.

Sarge 5/13/19 08:27 AM

Originally Posted by hellfire_436 (Post 7041528)

I have the MBRP street catback on my EB. It still doesn't sound nearly as good as a V8, but a lot better than the stock 4 banger.

SpectreH 5/13/19 08:37 AM

The ecoboost is a nice car, comfortable, handles well, and is fast. The GT is faster and that V8 sound can't be beat. If she is dead set against the V8, the eco will be fun, but will never sound as good as a GT.