The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f650/)
-   -   Houston Auto Show (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f650/houston-auto-show-386257/)

SC67Stang 4/3/04 06:56 AM

OMG you guys were right about seeing this car in person, the pictures just don't do it justice. I do like the Windveil Blue color, it has alot of metal flake in it. The Ford rep wouldn't let anyone get in but he was very helpful. He was about 6'-2" and sat in the drivers seat and still had plenty of headroom. Seat wasn't all the way back, the battery wasn't connected and electric seats you know, and he could still sit comfortable and could even put his fist ontop of his head. The back seats do fold down and open to the trunk. Dash looks great, but I don't think it was the upgraded dash. Ford did a great job on this one, they are going to sell a bunch of these. I will be at the door on order day.
There was an 04 right next to the 05 that no one was even looking at, but the Ford area did seem to have the most people in the whole show. The Ford robot was a hit, make sure you check it out. Went over to the Chevy area to see the Vet.
That was much easier to take pictures of since there wasn't anyone there.
I did take some pictures of the 05, but haven't tried to post any pictures here yet. Is there an easy way to post them here? Any help would be appreciated.
Hope you all get to see this car in person.

Steve

SC67Stang 4/3/04 07:06 AM

Hope this works.

SC67Stang 4/3/04 07:13 AM

Front view.

SC67Stang 4/3/04 07:15 AM

Back window glass. Check out the Mustang on the glass.

SC67Stang 4/3/04 07:18 AM

Interior shot.

SC67Stang 4/3/04 07:20 AM

Driver side interior.

SC67Stang 4/3/04 07:29 AM

Front grill.

SC67Stang 4/3/04 07:32 AM

Rear

Wombert 4/3/04 07:52 AM

fabulous pictures man, thank you :peace:

TampaBear67 4/3/04 07:52 AM

Pretty Sweet Man! I LOVE this Color :nice: and I also Love the Little Mustang on the Rear Window! :-D It really shows the Attention to Detail that Ford is Giving to this Mustang! Oh, and Yes that's the upgraded dash. You can tell by the crazy pattern that it has when you see it on the screen (I think it's called a Moire Effect) It's caused by the slight texture of the aluminum trim.

Boomer 4/3/04 09:51 AM

great shots of a great colour...

I don't know if you noticed but the current mustangs have that horse on the glass as well.

The front has the mustang logo on the top of the glass itself....

karrnutt 4/3/04 10:33 AM

Great shots of the interior! I was able to notice details I hadn't seen before.I WANT THAT CAR!!!!!!!!!

Wombert 4/3/04 10:58 AM

do you have bigger versions of these interior shots? it would be great if you could upload them somewhere so that we can see details

SC67Stang 4/3/04 11:11 AM

Almost forgot the engine.

SC67Stang 4/3/04 11:20 AM

Wombert, I do have higher res pictures of all of these. They are at 2048x1536 or 3.2 megapixels.
I don't know how to attach them without making them less than 200k.
How would I do that.
Hey Boomer, you and I seem to have the same great taste in cars.
I may be going back to the show later this week so if anyone wants any special shots of this car let me know and I will see what I can do. I also did all I could to see if they would let me sit in it but no dice even close to the time the show was ending.

Boomer 4/3/04 11:33 AM

SC67,
That was the same car that was at the Toronto autoshow (or same setup anyway... Automatic WBlue GT with 17s)

I fell in love with that colour when I saw it up close.
Pictures really don't show a true indication on it...your right...lotsa metal flake...makes it look killah.

You got to see it a little closer than me/dan did...ours was on a rotating platform.

I'm still in awe when I saw it in February!

And check your Personal Messages...

SVTCobraR315 4/3/04 11:49 AM

Originally posted by SC67Stang@Apr. 3rd, 2004, 12:14 PM
Almost forgot the engine.
tell me that wouldnt look good with a roots supercharger in it. right on top!!! can some on photoshop that? i think it would be the next cobra

SC67Stang 4/3/04 11:50 AM

Thanks Boomer, I will send some to you. It may take some time because I have a slow Connection speed. 28.8

Wombert 4/3/04 12:01 PM

Sweet :) I sent you a PM...

Wombert 4/3/04 12:06 PM

oh... hehe, okay, if you mailed the two interior photos to boomer I'll ask him to forward them to me or upload them... if not, mail them to me please if you have the time, but don't put yourself out on my account :)