Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Hi Everybody

Search this Thread

Old 8/24/13, 07:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Everybody

I am new to this forum. I've had many Mustangs over the years, but until recently had taken a Hiatus from them...why I'll never know, because I've always loved these cars. Most the ones I had in the past were early iron models, but I was out riding around after running some errands last week, and saw this pretty little Black Number sitting on a lot, so I stopped just to look at it. Never would've believed it was a Bullitt Mustang, but when I approached it I about fell down. "YEP! It's a Bullitt!" I let out a whistle, then saw the dealer coming out so had to regain my composer, in case I wanted to buy this thing. I looked it over, carfaxed it and it came back clean no wrecks, and knew then I was gonna buy it.

I have been doing a little work on it already and decided I needed a forum, and here I am. I have driven this car a little, and WOW have these things come a long way baby...they are not the same as early iron models...they are a bit different. I really like this car, but due to the complexity of it, and the fact I have not kept up very well on the mechical technology of the new cars, I figured I would need some help from time to time.

Thanks For being here MustangSource, and all those who come here. This Bullitt I have is gonna be very well taken care of and will brought back to and kept in show car condition over time. I wanna do little things to it every now and then, but not break the bank. It is a driver for now, and we'll see what the future holds. I bought this car for a collector car as well as a really fun driver.

Every day since I've had it, I just say to myself "I've gotten myself into another one...again!" hahaha
Old 8/24/13, 11:01 PM
Bullitt Member

Welcome to TMS.
Old 8/24/13, 11:09 PM
Mach 1 Member

Welcome, and post some pics!!
Old 8/24/13, 11:15 PM
Mach 1 Member

What he said ^^^^ lol
Old 8/24/13, 11:26 PM

MyPonyandMe, where in NC are you? I live in Mount Ulla near Salisbury and Mooresville. :-)

I will be getting some pics soon, but right now am working on headlights and car is ugly right now with headlights removed. hehe

I got a Mother's Powerball 4 Kit and dtarted with the 3rd Brakelight. Got it done lastnight, and have both headlights out and did a little cleanup behind where they came out, and need to do a little more cleanup outside, and then will get to buffing the headlights. I'm using a Die Ginder turned way down and it works out MUCH nicer than the drill they show. A word of warning though! I have done some body and paintwork in the past, and it takes a feel for speeds on stuff. If you've never messed with one of those little grinders beware! They are very high rpm, and MUST be turned down very low. I'm using it because it is light, and easier to control, but I have the regulator to the compressor tunred WAY down. hehe

I'll post more about that in another thread though. I will get pics soon. I just got it, and it is keeping me very busy, and I'm checking things out still. Those headlights were very bad off though so had to get on them right away. I don't think they were ever buffed out! It's been treated well, and taken care of, but some things were kinda let go...nothing real bad though. The car is in really good shape actually.

Last edited by BULLITT02199; 8/24/13 at 11:28 PM.
Old 8/24/13, 11:35 PM
Mach 1 Member

I live in China Grove and work in Salisbury So you're close.
Old 8/25/13, 12:00 AM

hehe That's very close. The Internet is a big place, but the world is a really small one. Kinda neat to meet somebody so close on here.
Old 8/25/13, 06:31 AM
Mach 1 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hi, congrats on your finding a great car. Welcome.
Old 8/26/13, 02:13 PM

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Welcome to TMS!
Old 8/26/13, 06:58 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Hello! Are you registered on www.imboc.com? From one owner of a black 2001 Bullitt to another, enjoy your car, even if it is the "wrong color" for this model I can't tell you how many people ask if I have a fake Bullitt.
Old 8/28/13, 10:02 AM
V6 Member

Welcome great people on here.
Old 8/28/13, 04:17 PM
V6 Member

Welcome buddy.
Old 9/1/13, 02:30 PM

I've tried registering on I.M.B.O.C.'s forums, and cannot get a registration e-mail back from their forums, and have also tried 3 times to contact them through the forum and have gotten no reply. I wish I could get on there, but the Admins must not be checking the forums e-mail system or something is wrong. Don't know what to do. I sent them 3 e-mails spaced out over the course of a week and was very polite about the issue, and am kinda left with nothing else I can do.
Old 9/1/13, 02:35 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BULLITT02199
I've tried registering on I.M.B.O.C.'s forums, and cannot get a registration e-mail back from their forums, and have also tried 3 times to contact them through the forum and have gotten no reply. I wish I could get on there, but the Admins must not be checking the forums e-mail system or something is wrong. Don't know what to do. I sent them 3 e-mails spaced out over the course of a week and was very polite about the issue, and am kinda left with nothing else I can do.
Response, customer service and respectfulness from their admins has never been their strong point. The owner's a butthead and I hope he chokes on his ego.

Welcome to TMS!

Last edited by cdynaco; 9/1/13 at 02:39 PM.
Old 9/1/13, 03:19 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Thanks for letting me know, Tim. What name did you register under? Send me a PM so I can help you out. Thank you!
Old 9/1/13, 05:31 PM

Same as here only I didn't use all Caps...just the B was caps.
Old 9/1/13, 07:55 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Same as here only I didn't use all Caps...just the B was caps.
Thanks, Tim. I'll let you know what's up.
Old 9/4/13, 12:11 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Tim,

Check your email and let me know if you are able to proceed with a logon. Thanks!
Old 9/4/13, 02:23 PM

Nope, they still didn't read the note I sent. I did not request a password reset and that's what the forum sent. I requested a Membership confirmation, or them going ahead and confirming it for me, because the confirmation mail never came. I'm still logged on as a guest and can do nothing.

I tell 'ya Tony, don't worry about it. I don't want you to have to mess with this. If they are not watching that forum I don't need to be there. Thanks anyway.

Last edited by BULLITT02199; 9/4/13 at 02:25 PM.
Old 9/4/13, 02:50 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Nope, they still didn't read the note I sent. I did not request a password reset and that's what the forum sent. I requested a Membership confirmation, or them going ahead and confirming it for me, because the confirmation mail never came. I'm still logged on as a guest and can do nothing.

I tell 'ya Tony, don't worry about it. I don't want you to have to mess with this. If they are not watching that forum I don't need to be there. Thanks anyway.
As I just got ADMIN priveleges today to help out the staff (IMBOC is now owned by Vertical Scope as part of the Autoguide Group), I am trying to follow up with the right people there. That was my action for a password reset, think that you had not yet been sent an initial password. Are you able to logon with your id? If I understand you correctly, you want to ensure that your membership (paid) has been received, correct?