The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f650/)
-   -   Hello From Mass (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f650/hello-mass-518079/)

Boston_Comic 1/27/13 06:04 PM

Hello From Mass

4 Attachment(s)
Hello forumites: Just want to say hello and show where a good chunk of my retirement went! 1998 SVT Vortech stuffed. 60k miles. Just bought it last week. What a machine. I've been saving and waiting for a long, long time. Had to get to the "right place" in life which for me meant being able to afford this car. Can't believe after looking at some real junk I found this car at this price!

skunk21 1/27/13 06:06 PM

Welcome, nice Cobra :nice:. central MA here.

07S197 1/27/13 06:12 PM

Nice looking SN95 you have there, Foxboro MA area here. Welcome to TMS.

SilverSkoundrel 1/27/13 06:13 PM

Welcome! That car is dope

racksteris 1/27/13 08:37 PM

Welcome, Nice Cobra

Samolet 1/29/13 02:21 AM

Welcome to TMS! :nice:

Mustang Freak 1/29/13 02:37 AM

Welcome to the TMSers and nice ride!!!

Boston_Comic 1/30/13 06:31 PM

Thanks for all the salutations people! Can anyone answer a couple of questions? Before I drive the car like I want to, should I take it somewhere to check for a tune and do a dyno? The car's a 1998 with a Vortech but I'm afraid everything hasn't been upgraded. Is that the best way to find out what's inside? And can anybody recommend a dyno shop in the north of Boston area? Thanks folks......And where and when is the first meet?

012stang 1/31/13 09:00 AM

Welcome nice sn95 you have there! Yes since you bought the car used I would go ahead and have a reputable performance shop check it out! That should always be good practice when you buy a car like that. This way you have piece of mind that the car is mechanically sound. I'm originally from Long Island and only know of shops there to go to so not sure in the Boston area but good luck and welcome!

davesvt2000 1/31/13 09:38 AM

Performance Dyno in Concord, NH, and DEZ Racing in Seekonk are the two that come to mind.

I know Performance is the "official" dyno shop of the New Hampshire mustang club if that helps.

For meets, check out the New England section of SVTPerformance.com, under the Taste of Home section.

Also

www.NHmustangclub.com

www.New-Englandmotorsports.com

www.mccne.com

Also, starting in April, the cruise nights at Gillette Stadium starts up, also known as the Bass Pro Shop show. It's every other thrusday, and last summer there were some nights with over 2500 cars !! This show is put on by the Mass Cruisers. Check their web site for the official dates.

skunk21 1/31/13 12:14 PM

I know it's not north of boston but I'm with davesvt2000s on one if his suggestions. My friends and I have used Dez racing many times. Mike and his staff are great people, they know mustangs and you will often see plates from NY, ME, RI and even NJ at his shop, worth the trip :nice:

07S197 1/31/13 12:56 PM

Originally Posted by skunk21 (Post 6542948)
I know it's not north of boston but I'm with davesvt2000s on one if his suggestions. My friends and I have used Dez racing many times. Mike and his staff are great people, they know mustangs and you will often see plates from NY, ME, RI and even NJ at his shop, worth the trip :nice:

I too have heard great things about DEZ Racing and know a few who swear by them.

nastynate 1/31/13 06:19 PM

Originally Posted by Boston_Comic (Post 6540358)
Hello forumites: Just want to say hello and show where a good chunk of my retirement went! 1998 SVT Vortech stuffed. 60k miles. Just bought it last week. What a machine. I've been saving and waiting for a long, long time. Had to get to the "right place" in life which for me meant being able to afford this car. Can't believe after looking at some real junk I found this car at this price!

how much she putting down to the wheels?

Boston_Comic 2/3/13 07:47 AM

Thanks fo all the info...as far as ponies, no idea. More curious as to what the torque is. After all, that's what gets the car going!

Gabe 2/3/13 08:44 AM

Welcome and congrats on that sweet white Cobra!

North (and west) of Boston for a dyno/performance shop would be Enhanced Street Performance, 12 Beverly Dr, Sterling MA. I've done a lot of business with them and they've always been stand-up guys. They have an AWD dyno and hopefully soon my stang will get on those rollers to see what she puts down stock.

They have a site here: http://www.enhancedstreetperformance.com/

Boston_Comic 2/4/13 10:40 PM

Did some recon on my new car today. The Vortech says it's a S-1. And does anyone know how to polish these by hand? It's so grubby. I also found tube headers, a BBK 65MM TB and green injectors. Afraid it might need a clutch. Gonna try to adjust it as soon as the temperature rises above 25 and some of the snow on the ground melts. I've heard of 3 ways to adjust this clutch: 1) pulling up on the pedal to preload the Japanese steel quadrant 2) There is a firewall knob the cable goes through. 3) down at the fork but only if the cable's been changed, correct? Sorry to be a pita, I just can't help it.

cdynaco 2/9/13 03:53 AM

Welcome to TMS! :nice: