Introductions Please For Your First Post Tell Us Your Mustang Story, Details about Your Car and Some Pics Would be Great! Thank You!

Another new guy

Search this Thread

Old 10/3/20, 09:07 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Smile Another new guy

Howdy all,
Newbie here.
See pic below for my 2019 Mustang Ecoboost Premium. Well, at least that's how it arrived from Carvana. I've since made a few cosmetic mods inside and out, with more to come. Believe it or not, this is the very first used car I've ever owned in all of my 55+ years upon this planet. And my very first Mustang, a car I've wanted since I became jealous of my neighbor and his '65 back when I was 16. I've enjoyed learning the positives and negatives of used car ownership and Mustang living. I also am looking forward to becoming part of the Mustang community, an interesting group of much-maligned people with allegedly poor taste in pony cars if you listen to others.

A few early thoughts:
1) Wow, updating Synch to 3.4 was harder than it should have been.
2) Updating the nav software took longer than it should have.
3) First thing I did when I got the car was to replace the cabin air filter. It had 21.5 k on the odometer, and man did it need it. My car started out life as a rental at the Orlando airport. Whatever is in the air they're breathing down there is not pretty. Replace your filters folks!
4) My car has the 9 speaker audio system w/out subwoofer. Borderline pathetic. My Hyundai Tucson has a better setup! If anyone has advice on how to upgrade the sound without spending a fortune and turning the trunk into a subwoofer box, please let me know.

In real life, I'm a college professor in the Nashville area going through a classic midlife crisis, thus the car. I joined all the usual groups and organizations, so maybe I'll see y'all out there somewhere.

This is a Ford Mustang. There are many like it, but this one is mine.
Old 10/3/20, 03:02 PM
THE RED FLASH ------ Master-Moderator

Received 2,138 Likes on 1,719 Posts
Congrats on your "19" EcoBoost Mustang.. Also welcome to the forums and thanks for sharing an image of your sweet ride
The following users liked this post:
lassante (10/3/20)