The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Introductions (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f650/)
-   -   1st Mustang any tips (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f650/1st-mustang-any-tips-503779/)

IrishMach 1/6/12 07:13 PM

1st Mustang any tips

Hi I just recently bought my first Mustang a 2003 Mach 1. Its also my first manual transmission just seeing if any one had any tips or advise on owning a mustang any problems I should look out for things like that. Also I want to put some after market parts on this summer where the best place to start?

Thanks for any advise you can give me.

Kinyodas 1/6/12 07:40 PM

Welcome to TMS - you will find and receive a plethora of information here. Check out the section for your year and drivetrain.

Hytek 1/6/12 07:49 PM

Welcome to TMS!
Check out www.americanmuscle.com for some good stuff.

Glenn 1/6/12 09:18 PM

welcome and take your time with the mods.

texastboneking 1/6/12 10:21 PM

Thats a good car. But expencive to repair. How many miles are on it?

IrishMach 1/6/12 11:00 PM

Yeah I plan on taking it slow with the mods and I don't want to be hard on it yet it only has 32k miles on it. She's in great condition and Im only the second owner.

CCTking 1/7/12 01:25 AM

Welcome!

My first was an 02 gt with 20k miles. That weeken i maxed it out on an empty backroad just to see what she could do. I was the second owner and it was stock when i got it. Ended up havin borla stinger cat-backs, AM CAI, sf3 tuner, 75mm throttle body and spacer combo frm BBK, lowered with H&R supersports and had Bilstein shocks/struts. All this in about a year(:
Youll like things here, lot to learn

Evil_Capri 1/7/12 06:34 AM

Hello and welcome! I have a '04 Mach. What types of 'Mods' are of interest to you/Mach?

Throw up some photos if you get a chance. :nice:

Egress Outlaw 1/8/12 09:57 AM

Howdy!

IrishMach 1/8/12 10:04 AM

Right now it's between getting a short throw shifter I was thinking MGW. Or getting a SLP loudmouth exhaust. Not sure which will be the more enjoyable mod since I plan on doing a couple of mods a year.

IrishMach 1/8/12 10:07 AM

@CCTking that 02gt sounds sweet I like the mods you did to it and I havnt gotten my Mach 1 maxed out yet too many cops around.

skunk21 1/8/12 10:10 AM

Originally Posted by IrishMach (Post 6217320)
Right now it's between getting a short throw shifter I was thinking MGW. Or getting a SLP loudmouth exhaust. Not sure which will be the more enjoyable mod since I plan on doing a couple of mods a year.

IMHO mgw makes one of the best shifters on the market. I love mine and you will not be disapointed, also check out maximum motorsports for great chassis and other parts.

CCTking 1/8/12 10:34 AM

Originally Posted by skunk21

IMHO mgw makes one of the best shifters on the market. I love mine and you will not be disapointed, also check out maximum motorsports for great chassis and other parts.

+1 on the mgw

IrishMach 1/9/12 06:32 PM

7 Attachment(s)
Here are a few pics of my baby, I need to take more when I have time.

CCTking 1/9/12 07:16 PM

Really makes me miss my baby :(

Evil_Capri 1/10/12 04:52 AM

Looks good! Did you change the stripes or did the previous owner?

IrishMach 1/10/12 07:40 PM

The 1st owner must have I didn't know if he ordered it this way or is it a after market decal. Because most black Mach 1 have the black decal which I thought was the only way they came until I saw this one for sale. Can anyone tell me if black Mach ones come with the silver decal or is it after market?

Evil_Capri 1/11/12 10:20 AM

The silver decals are after market.

Burner 1/12/12 04:03 AM

Car looks great, good luck with it.