Off-Topic Chatter Non-Vehicle Related Chat

The X Factor

Search this Thread

Old 9/23/13, 01:17 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Received 640 Likes on 463 Posts
The X Factor

Is anyone else watching this? I am, it intrigues me and I love to hear awesome talent come out of the woodwork and get a shot at the big time.

Was watching it the other night, and this tiny little girl with a country accent marched out on the stage. Young lady, about 20, engaged to a soldier, and country as cornbread when she talked. I don't know where she is from, but she was trying out in the South Carolina auditions. Might be from there, but shes got that Appalachian mountain, Georgia twang and politeness about her. Brandie Love is her name, that's all I remember other that the singing, but keep an eye out. I predict great things coming from this girl.

Nate should love her.

Old 9/23/13, 01:57 AM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I don't even know what that song is, but I've watched her sing it about 50 times and she makes the hair stand up on the back of my neck, goose bumps on my arms.

I watched the auditions on tv and she was carrying on about how much she loved country music, then she sang that. Ohhhh my, that young lady has a gift, shes got the look, the sound and she seems to have that deep South sense of humility and respectfulness (called that ******* Simon sir, that hooked me, thats what kids down here are taught to do, no matter how big of a dick someone is, you show respect to your elders). That will make her a huge country star.
Old 9/23/13, 08:50 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
I watched a little bit of it last week, but didn't see her. She's got a good voice. Parts of it actually reminded me of Carrie Underwood a bit.
Old 9/23/13, 10:59 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
did not like her singing
Old 9/23/13, 12:16 PM
Cobra Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Blue Notch
I watched a little bit of it last week, but didn't see her. She's got a good voice. Parts of it actually reminded me of Carrie Underwood a bit.
Clothes pin on the nose?
Old 9/23/13, 01:01 PM

Old 9/23/13, 11:34 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by Flagstang
did not like her singing
I think she sounds great, but what I really like is the fact that she doesn't seem fake like so many others do. If you listen to it several times, about a quarter of the way into the song she loosens up and seems to get lost in the song, its like all of those thousands of people have disappeared and she's singing from somewhere deep down inside, like she would if she were in her own bedroom with no body around. Its from the heart, its from the soul, and that is what makes great music. A person that is not that great of a singer can move the souls of a room, captivate it with emotion if its coming from a place deep down inside of them. If you can connect on an emotional level you can move mountains inside of someone, much more so that a person that is a fantastic singer but doesn't really feel it.

If you know what I mean, you might not, and maybe I'm crazy and just rambling on, but that's what I think anyway.
Old 9/24/13, 11:27 AM
Spam Connoisseur
I got هَبوب‎ed

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
crazy. I think she has a good voice. Just of making odd sounds while singing drives me nuts.
Old 9/24/13, 03:09 PM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I was catching up on the auditions this weekend. I saw this girl and she is good. There are several other standouts so far too. I just hope the good ones continue and get through the other rounds. Should be a good season if they do.
Old 9/24/13, 09:52 PM
Legacy TMS Member

Received 107 Likes on 95 Posts
Originally Posted by Rather B.Blown
Is anyone else watching this? I am, it intrigues me and I love to hear awesome talent come out of the woodwork and get a shot at the big time.

Was watching it the other night, and this tiny little girl with a country accent marched out on the stage. Young lady, about 20, engaged to a soldier, and country as cornbread when she talked. I don't know where she is from, but she was trying out in the South Carolina auditions. Might be from there, but shes got that Appalachian mountain, Georgia twang and politeness about her. Brandie Love is her name, that's all I remember other that the singing, but keep an eye out. I predict great things coming from this girl.

Nate should love her.

Brandie Love The X Factor USA 2013 Auditions - YouTube
Thanks for sharing this with us. She was super awesome. I loved every bit of that.

It's rough between Xfactor and the Voice. So much to watch.
Old 9/24/13, 10:36 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

Originally Posted by GrnT
Thanks for sharing this with us. She was super awesome. I loved every bit of that.

I think this is probably the best audition I've ever seen on one of these shows. I was having a few and watching it with my aunt, and I told her "That's it, hes the one" I think he ended up finishing second on the show.

Don't know what it is, but I seem to have a knack for musical acts, might sound crazy but I feel something down inside and seem to have an ear for stuff like that.

Don't take that to the bank, just something I seem to associate with when it comes to music.
Old 9/24/13, 10:38 PM

Originally Posted by GrnT

I watched the voice tonight. Nice to see someone from Minnesota who looks like they might actually go somewhere!
Old 9/24/13, 10:45 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I watched the voice tonight. Nice to see someone from Minnesota who looks like they might actually go somewhere!
It was on tonight?!?!?! I was gone out to eat and entertain some people, and trying to get back in time to watch SOA. Had no idea it was even on, thought it was on tomorrow night.
Old 9/24/13, 10:58 PM

It was on tonight?!?!?! I was gone out to eat and entertain some people, and trying to get back in time to watch SOA. Had no idea it was even on, thought it was on tomorrow night.
The voice is on monday tuesday and the x factor is wednesday and thursday.
Old 9/24/13, 10:59 PM

This was the girl from MN. Still love Katelyn Epperly's version of that song from idol years and years ago.

Old 9/24/13, 11:01 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

The voice is on monday tuesday and the x factor is wednesday and thursday.
This was the girl from MN. Still love Katelyn Epperly's version of that song from idol years and years ago.

Holly Henry: "The Scientist" - The Voice Highlight - YouTube
Not really a fan of the voice. Never could get into it.
Old 9/24/13, 11:10 PM

Not really a fan of the voice. Never could get into it.
I love her voice. Totally captivating to me. I tend to prefer female voices though.
Old 9/24/13, 11:21 PM
Like Father...
I ♥ Sausage

I love her voice. Totally captivating to me. I tend to prefer female voices though.
That's because you've never been with a woman, that'll change when you finally do, you wont be able to stand to listen to those *****es.
Old 9/25/13, 01:56 AM
Tasca Super Boss 429 Member

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
I like the voice too, but it's hard to keep up with two hour episodes. I've got like 48 episodes to watch. I'm on the battle rounds of season two right now!
Old 9/25/13, 08:44 AM

I barely watched any of the previous seasons. I just didn't have time.

Quick Reply: The X Factor