Old 9/8/14, 12:22 PM
Shelby GT350 Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I don't
Old 9/8/14, 08:45 PM
Mach 1 Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
Watching Payton and the Broncos taking battering practice on the woeful Colts. Three more games and Robert Mathis will be back!
And it just keeps getting worse. News today from the Colts' HQ is that Mathis has torn his Achilles tendon. He's out for the season, which means Andrew Luck will spend more time on the sidelines and less time on the field this year.
Old 9/8/14, 08:53 PM
2013 RR Boss 302 #2342

Received 2,318 Likes on 1,729 Posts
Originally Posted by Mickstang
And it just keeps getting worse. News today from the Colts' HQ is that Mathis has torn his Achilles tendon. He's out for the season, which means Andrew Luck will spend more time on the sidelines and less time on the field this year.
Andrew's gonna spend a lot of time on his butt next week!
Old 9/9/14, 09:01 PM
Mach 1 Member

Originally Posted by Mustang Freak
Andrew's gonna spend a lot of time on his butt next week!
It really rankles me to agree with an Iggles fan, but....

Colts may be in line for a good draft pick next year, I guess.
Old 9/10/14, 09:17 PM
Mach 1 Member

Sorting and tumbling .44 Magnum brass. It's a dirty job, but somebody's gotta do it.
Old 9/11/14, 01:25 AM

Received 70 Likes on 66 Posts
Freezing.
Old 9/12/14, 09:09 AM
Bullitt Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Being extremely freaking tired. Left work yesterday, and immediately went and helped my padre wire his 5.1 until about 2 AM.

I found it fun, but Cutting into the walls in a brand new house is extremely stressful. Looks extremely clean though, and sounds pretty terrific. I didn't get to listen to it too loud because we got yelled at while blasting the opening scene of Star Trek, but it has a great soundstage and the sub is pretty killer. Still have to make some minor adjustments on the speakers and on the wall plates and such, but it is up for now. The pictures kind of dwarf the equipment, but it's a 60" TV and the speakers are roughly 5.5x10.5". Definitive Technology ProCinema 1000.
Old 9/12/14, 09:43 AM
NTTAWWT

Received 35 Likes on 30 Posts
I hate that the new design fad for homes is to mount the flat screen above the fireplace. If you intend to use the fireplace at all, it's terrible for the television. They don't like being around that kind of heat. It's also not very ergonomic. TV should be at eye level or just below.
Old 9/12/14, 11:57 AM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by StangMahn
I hate that the new design fad for homes is to mount the flat screen above the fireplace. If you intend to use the fireplace at all, it's terrible for the television. They don't like being around that kind of heat. It's also not very ergonomic. TV should be at eye level or just below.
Old 9/12/14, 12:19 PM
Bullitt Member

It's not really that new of a fad, and to be honest, I'm not that big on it. I much prefer having two separate walls accented by each respectively, with them being the focal point of the wall. My preference would be to have a room where the fireplace would be either to the left or right wall from where you are sitting towards the TV, but then again my I would much rather have a common area with a fireplace/couch, for guests with the Fireplace being the main focal area of the room, and the Home Theater is it's own separate room much like a Den. The problem with that is you need an increasing amount of square footage which can add up way too fast. Too often a fireplace is just randomly blocked off by furniture and not really open to the room as a fireplace is supposed to be.

The benefit of the TV over the fireplace as it allows both the TV and the Fireplace to share the same focal point of a room, with all the furniture being arranged to compliment both.

This particular house was designed for the placement of the TV over the Mantle, as it provides a good view of the TV across all of the central area of the house; Kitchen, Dining Room, and the living room(the seating is far away enough from the TV to limit the harsh angle from tv height to seating, still not optimal, but it serves its purpose). It also provides for optimal sound dispersion across the large area, with good locations for the surround speakers. The fireplace is also an insert and not a traditional fireplace, so heat is not an issue.
Old 9/12/14, 12:47 PM
NTTAWWT

In that case, the best option is to put the TV on the wall to the left of the fireplace. There seem to be a ton of rooms I see where it's obvious the designer wasn't really thinking about where to put objects in the room.
Old 9/12/14, 02:09 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
In that case, the best option is to put the TV on the wall to the left of the fireplace. There seem to be a ton of rooms I see where it's obvious the designer wasn't really thinking about where to put objects in the room.
My tv is over the fireplace

But it's a huge room

18'x32'
Old 9/12/14, 02:50 PM
Bullitt Member

If the TV was mounted on the left wall, not only would it be marginally lower than the fireplace mounting spot(due to the media console/cabinet structure built in), but it would force sitting to be closer to the TV itself, thus increasing angle, so at best it would be the same angle to watch it, and at worst the angle would be much harsher(not including that using a tilting mount would require the cables to be visible from the front entryway. Not only that, but then the room would lack symmetry, the walkways would be much more odd, and you would obstruct the windows, on top of providing sub-par speaker placements, more influenced by the off-shape nature of the room, as well as larger amounts of possible side glare. Here is picture to perhaps better show the shape of the room.

Originally Posted by 2k7gtcs
My tv is over the fireplace

But it's a huge room

18'x32'
****, that is big.

Depending on how you measure this one, it is either at it's smallest 20x18x14(LWH), 26x18x14, or 26x33x14(including the kitchen, as it is all open to the living room).
Old 9/12/14, 06:00 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
This. If you've got the money for all of that stuff, do it right and build a room specifically for it. It looks...out of place over a fireplace.
Old 9/12/14, 06:09 PM
NTTAWWT

Or have a room large enough to accomodate both.

And for me, I despise seeing cables, so by the time I hook up the power to the tv, all the lines for the receivers and amps and power conditioner and speakers, etc, I don't want to see 27 cables running up around the mantle piece.
Old 9/12/14, 07:25 PM
Bullitt Member

Or have a room large enough to accomodate both. And for me, I despise seeing cables, so by the time I hook up the power to the tv, all the lines for the receivers and amps and power conditioner and speakers, etc, I don't want to see 27 cables running up around the mantle piece.
Thats why everything's ran in the walls, over to a media cabinet. No wires!
Old 9/12/14, 07:41 PM
Post *****

Received 159 Likes on 133 Posts
Originally Posted by kcoTiger
This. If you've got the money for all of that stuff, do it right and build a room specifically for it. It looks...out of place over a fireplace.

I had a room for it

120" fixed screen
7.1 sound
Tiered seating

And then I sold that house

Only had 4 bedroom and 3 car garage and no way to add anything on

House took up the whole city lot

The room was great but honestly the kids used it all the time and I could barely get in there with their video games and Hannah Montana back then.
Old 9/12/14, 08:28 PM
Shelby GT500 Member

Received 53 Likes on 52 Posts
I had a room for it

120" fixed screen
7.1 sound
Tiered seating

And then I sold that house

Only had 4 bedroom and 3 car garage and no way to add anything on

The room was great but honestly the kids used it all the time and I could barely get in there with their video games and Hannah Montana back then.
Aww, you poor thing. Lol

No kids means I can go with a couple spare bedrooms and a media room without too much more. I have to have one though because the wife insists on having a fireplace. In Texas. Still, small price for a tailor-made garage.
Old 9/12/14, 08:54 PM
Post *****

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

What's a city lot?