The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums

The Mustang Source - Ford Mustang Forums (https://themustangsource.com/forums/)
-   Off-Topic Chatter (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/)
-   -   What would you do? (https://themustangsource.com/forums/f649/what-would-you-do-476516/)

EagleStroker 1/11/09 02:25 PM

What would you do?

This is going to sound like a stupid question after you read it:

Alright, want some serious opinions here. We had our family Christmas over the weekend and me and my Uncle got to talking. I have a '68 vert my grandad gave me and he has a 70 yellow and black #'s matching Boss 302 he's had since is was a teenager, just finished being restored this thing is IMMACULATE. He told me he really wants the convertible, and would trade me if I was willing. Am I crazy for not jumping on this?

Some details on my '68 : It's not a matching #'s car but its a high option 289 car, has the gt appearance package, a/c and heat, tilt steering column, optional dealer installed console. Candle apple read, red leather interior and a white top.

Mas35NYR 1/11/09 03:07 PM

Jump on it but w/the stipulation (get this in writting for legallity purposes) that in the event that one of you die the other person gets both cars! This way you both know they're in good hands and both beauties will make their way back to either one of you God forbid something bad happens to the other person.

One other thing, if either decides to sell/trade their car the other get first dibs!

It's looks like a win win situation from here! :nice:

StangMahn 1/11/09 04:08 PM

^what he said

2k7gtcs 1/11/09 04:12 PM

Sounds good to me too. But for a '70 yellow and black matching #'s Boss 302 I would trade in a heartbeat.

EagleStroker 1/11/09 06:30 PM

Originally Posted by Mas35NYR (Post 5726249)
Jump on it but w/the stipulation (get this in writting for legallity purposes) that in the event that one of you die the other person gets both cars! This way you both know they're in good hands and both beauties will make their way back to either one of you God forbid something bad happens to the other person.

One other thing, if either decides to sell/trade their car the other get first dibs!

It's looks like a win win situation from here! :nice:

That's a good point. I think if he were to die it would go to my cousin though so that stipulation might not work. I wouldn't swap without doing all the paper work first it just caught me off guard because I know what kind of money he has in the Boss.

officespace56 1/11/09 07:11 PM

Got any pics? :grin:

EagleStroker 1/11/09 07:15 PM

Originally Posted by officespace56 (Post 5726379)
Got any pics? :grin:

I'll get some. His Boss isn't even out of the shop yet from the resto, still doing finishing touches. The car was garaged for 30+ years I can't imagine what it's like now.

houtex 1/11/09 11:31 PM

There are legal ways to have the 'vert not go to the cousin. Either a binding contract, or an alteration to a will would suffice.

That's assuming you're trying to somehow avoid the 'vert going to the cousin in the first place, of course. ;)

Glenn 1/12/09 06:02 AM

trade fer shore